Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

Ftr I wanted Joe Flacco in '08. I knew he would be available in the mid first and that he had a rocket arm. Instead we reached for Ryan at #3 when neither qb was worthy of being taken that high.

Say what you want about Joe but when it's crunch time and it's all on the line Flacco can do this....

flaccobomb_original-0.gif

Ryan has neither the arm or the balls to make a play like this on the big stage, with the wirld watching, when it's all on the line.

Youre a saints fan so I understand why you love Matt Ryan. You love Matt Ryan for the same reasons I love Steffan Diggs.

Bad defense or not the man threw a 70 yard missile that hit his man in stride in crunch time to win a road playoff game. Name 5 other qbs in the league that can do that. I guaranee Matt Ryan's name won't be on that list.

100 GOATS to you @SKPJR

1st off let me say I think I'm the lone Ravens refugee from the IC...

You don't know how much joy I had watching him throw that bomb live/when it happened! I was like "Ohhhhhh shit, he got Jones open....... BOOOM!!". It almost brings a tear to my eye now. lol... And the only other QB's I think that could make that throw @ that moment was/is AR12, Russ and maybe TB12.

During that draft, I wanted either one of them (Flacco or Ryan) b/c it's well documented how abysmal our QB situation was. But I wanted Joe just a tad bit more b/c of his arm strength (plus I know a guy that played w/ him @ Delaware that told me a lot about him).

Joe Flacco is frustrating as muhphucka to watch, but it ain't alllll on him (not absolving him tho). We don't really have the receivers to help him succeed. We need burners for Joe's big arm and a possession guy. We had Steve @ the twilight of his career (and I appreciated that) and Pitta never could shake back so there goes our possession guys. Perriman is a bust and Mike Wallace is cool, but doesn't move the needle.... Not to mention our play calling is ass, but that's neither here nor there....

There's a reason Joe played well enough with Boldin and speed guys like Torrey and Jacoby. And it ain't like they were all world talents, they just had their specialties (Anquan was the truth, but he was a little long in the tooth @ that point in his career).

I'm was like @caddo man, a Matty Ice apologist b/c I thought he caught too much flack. But I've seen that nikka just not get it done so many times when that pressure cooker on w/ the immense amount of talent around him. One thing I can definitely give Joe is that he seems to not freeze up in BIG moments (not just the Super Bowl run either).

I.E. .... Against OG's squad/our division rivals (prolly the biggest rivalry in the NFL)

And @THE_REAL_O.G. ... Watch Ya Mouth about my Sorry/Not Sorry Quarterback! lol

Last edited:
Joe is trash as fuck.

Nikka damn near everybody is trash as phuck in your eyes (no hyperbole). But I do see where you coming from. lol.... Yall just keep holding on to Boilermaker Brees, cuz once he's out, you know what time it is.....

And that trash QB legit helped get my squad get a ring. Can/will Matt Ryan ever do that is the real question?!

dnno.gif
I feel you bro

but 2016-17 was a eye opening for me. Matt Ryan was decisive and threw the ball around the field.
The Philly game was also an eye opening seeing that Matt Ryan held the ball too long on that roll out. Me being a Saint fan I was happy with the score but me being a Matt Ryan apologist. I was thinking why he didn't throw the ball.

Matt Ryan is what Joe Flacco is to the Ravens. Both have their problem and brain farts. Both have MVP performances under their belt. The problem is Joe has a ring. Matt doesn't. Neither team will be good without their QB. I will rather have Matt Ryan as my QB than not. Just ask the other teams that will give their left testicle to get him.

As a Ravens fan, I whole heartedly agree. Flacco is the definition of riding a hot hand into a great situation. Cause Lord knows he ain't done shit since that Superbowl. Really since Rice's situation, but even then they both were underperforming. And I've explained to many people that Flacco's contract wasn't just bc he won the Superbowl but bc he won at least one playoff game every year leading up to that ring. But, again, ain't done much of shit since.

Flacco has dealt with injuries and several coordinators, only having that one "great year" under Kubiak, similar to Matty Melt. Difference being Matt has some of the greatest talent around him. I'd literally kill an animate object for the Ravens to put together an offense like that.

Also, I'm somewhat glad that Ozzie has stepped down bc he's been trying to rebuild that 2000 Superbowl defense the last 5 yrs. And even though our defense trump tight right now, the offense is painful to watch. I'm really hoping we go offense with at least 70% of our draft, including Flacco's replacement.

Man. That nigga got a concussion last year, smart niggas start planning the n3xt phase after football early

Wouldnt be surprised to see more players retiring early...especially the superstars who have made thier money. Especially with all this info about head trauma and these former players going crazy and dying.

IP is a bigger fan than me....

I'm essentially just rooting for the home team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...walk-through-in-the-event-pats-were-watching/

Eagles long-snapper: Team ran fake walk-through in the event Pats were watching

Only four days after Rams Hall of Famer Orlando Pace resurrected suspicions about shenanigans at the final walk-through practice before Super Bowl XXXVI, a member of the new Super Bowl champions claims that the Eagles ran a phony walk-through practice before Super Bowl LII to counter any type of foul play.

Appearing on 620 WDAE in Tampa, long snapper Rick Lovato said that the Eagles specifically didn’t run plays like the “Philly Special” at U.S. Bank Stadium.

“We had run that play during a walk-through like two weeks ago,” Lovato said, adding that the Eagles purposefully did not run the play in Minnesota due to concerns that the Patriots may be watching.

“I believe our whole walk-through was just a complete fake walk-through,” Lovato said. “We did it at the stadium. There were certain people walking around. . . . I believe I overheard someone say a lot of the plays we were running weren’t even in the playbook for the Super Bowl.”

But why not take advantage of the opportunity to practice the actual plays in the stadium where the game was going to be played, one day beforehand?

We already had our game plan set all week for the last two weeks,” Lovato said. “We had two weeks to prepare for that game. A measly walk-through the day before the game, we weren’t going to show anything to anyone, especially being at the stadium.”

There’s absolutely no evidence that the Patriots were watching the Eagles on Saturday or any other Super Bowl opponent prior to any other Super Bowl. Still, it apparently didn’t hurt the Eagles to conceal the plays they planned to run the next day, and to not run them one last time in a setting that was less-than-half-speed, at most.

09830664-B6FD-4C54-A6DB-BD1D40385A17.jpeg

@Groovy Muhfuhya

What up doe! I didn't know I had any other Ravens Nation folks in da building (besides maybe AXEL). Were u on the IC and if so what was your screen name?

But do they ever truly address needs, Flowers ass been costing us penalties for years and they continue to keep this fucker

The new GM seems to understand that Flowers is not needed by benching him the last game. Reese was hell bent on proving everyone wrong and tryinta convince people flowers and Hart could play bc they were HIS picks. Gettleman and Shurmur have an unbiased position, which should help them see things a little more clearly and move on from the dead weight sooner than later.....I hope. We also need LBs. Athletic ones that can keep up w receiving TEs and RBs catching the ball out the backfield

That headset shit that always seem to happen in Foxborough is amazing.

Clear cheating.

Classic war tactic, cut off the enemies line of communication. The patriots have gotten caught blatanty cheating so many times. That people just accept it at this point. Think about it. If we found out the patriots did videotape the eagles walk thru, would anyone really be surprised? Seriously, would we?

The new GM seems to understand that Flowers is not needed by benching him the last game. Reese was hell bent on proving everyone wrong and tryinta convince people flowers and Hart could play bc they were HIS picks. Gettleman and Shurmur have an unbiased position, which should help them see things a little more clearly and move on from the dead weight sooner than later.....I hope. We also need LBs. Athletic ones that can keep up w receiving TEs and RBs catching the ball out the backfield

Giants have no coverage LBs. Robinson was decent, but has a serious injury history. Casillas, Sheppard, Kennard, Munson, season, herzlich can' cover for shit. Jury still out on goodson. They need to resign Kennard cause he fiyd the new scheme w his versatility and Goodson showed promise. But they need a LB that is better than both of them to be competitive in coverage

We got Jimmy Grapps locked in

Next we need 2 guards and a center a veteran CB and pass rush. 2 more seasons and we a major problem

Back