Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

*sigh*

Looking at the draft, JETS have alotta work to do. Id start with the o line. Need a tackle and a center. Also another RB. On d we need a NT, middle LB and corner.

free agents, i hope we re sign ASJ, Claiborne and Kony Ealy.

At QB. I guess Hack is a bust w/o even playin a regular season down. Need a QB too. smh

@5th Letter
Look man I'm trying to do you a favor. Why waste another top 10 pick on a qb? All the Jets are gonna do is draft another Mark Sanchez, Browning Neagle or Ken O'Brien. Don't do it!!!

Let me hook you up bruh. Instead of wasting another top 10 pick why not send it to Atlanta for a veteran qb? Matty Melt I meam Ice will fit in just fine on those cold NY fall afternoons. Don't cheat yourself treat yourself. He has Broadway Joe 2.0 written all over his face.
bjk808gnofqbyz5kgjoz.png

CtVIynOWIAA9MEk.jpg

Last edited:
Yo i am a Matt Ryan apologist. No i will not trade Brees for Ryan but he is not the problem. How many offensive coordinators have he had? Then he get the one that truly has the winning formula then boom he is gone.

Matt Ryan needs to have all power of the offense. Playcalling all that shit. He should be able to call his own plays by now. At the least script the plays out that he likes.

Sark should be just a peraon there to keep the game plan going.

The XFL should invest into the CFL. Fuck all the BS because he does not have a formula to go against the NFL and win anymore.

The CFL has a winning formula with their 3 downs and larger field. Pay scale is also good for guys that want to extend there career.

I say try to pull the CFL down to the states again. Put it in cities that dont have NFL teams but large to mid size populations (OKC, StLouis, Charleston, Boise, Sacramento etc). Same rules and payscale.

The XFL should invest into the CFL. Fuck all the BS because he does not have a formula to go against the NFL and win anymore.

The CFL has a winning formula with their 3 downs and larger field. Pay scale is also good for guys that want to extend there career.

I say try to pull the CFL down to the states again. Put it in cities that dont have NFL teams but large to mid size populations (OKC, StLouis, Charleston, Boise, Sacramento etc). Same rules and payscale.

Tweet this shit to VKM

Yo i am a Matt Ryan apologist. No i will not trade Brees for Ryan but he is not the problem. How many offensive coordinators have he had? Then he get the one that truly has the winning formula then boom he is gone.

Matt Ryan needs to have all power of the offense. Playcalling all that shit. He should be able to call his own plays by now. At the least script the plays out that he likes.

Sark should be just a peraon there to keep the game plan going.

Lol at the offensive coordinator excuse. Here's the problem with that bullshit. Every oc that the Falcons have had throughout the Ryan era has been scapegoated and blamed for all of Ryan's fuck ups. First they blamed Mike Mularkey b/c they said he ran the ball too much. Never mind the fact that Michael Turner produced a near MVP season, was one of the best free agent signings of the decade and became the Falcons 2nd all time leading rusher in just 4 years. Then they blamed Dirk Koetter b/c they claimed all he called was screen passes. Never mind the fact that Matt Ryan has one of the weakest arms in the league and can't consistently throw the ball high and deep to save his life. You talk about Kyle Shannon as if he was the magical elixir for Matt Ryan's career but up until he left him and his bootleg, moving pocket, zone blocking offense was blamed for Ryan's pick 6 problems. There was a full fledged fire Shanahan movement the last 2 years he was here which included the Super Bowl season. Every oc since 2008 has been blamed for Ryan's bullshit and now in 2018 it's Sark's turn. Fohwtbs. Here we are in year 10 with another blockbuster contract on the horizon and we're still stuck with the same problems and the same qb from a decade ago. Fuck Matt Ryan and the excuses. Him and his new contract belong in NY, Buffalo, Cleveland or any place except Atlanta. Give me a good trade and he's all yours @caddo man

I think we need a center we should address that in free agency. And draft a LT. I think we’re ok at NT, I agree we definitely need to lockup Kony, Claiborne and Jenkins. Let Forte go and draft a RB. As for QB I’d make a run at Bridgewater.

You think Steve McLendon is the answer at starting NT? Dude is 32. Need a young lion in there next to Williams n Ealy. Use 1 of the 2nd rd picks imo.

I like picking up Teddy B tho. We can prolly get him on the cheap n he is ready to prove himself coming off the injury. Still draft a QB in the later rds tho, maybe Luke Falk.

You think Steve McLendon is the answer at starting NT? Dude is 32. Need a young lion in there next to Williams n Ealy. Use 1 of the 2nd rd picks imo.

I like picking up Teddy B tho. We can prolly get him on the cheap n he is ready to prove himself coming off the injury. Still draft a QB in the later rds tho, maybe Luke Falk.
I’d draft someone at NT to groom behind McLendon. I think if they sign Teddy they should bring back McCown and let Petty and Hackenberg tight for the 3rd QB spot. Teddy is 26 I don’t necessarily think we’d need to draft a quarterback.

Lol at the offensive coordinator excuse. Here's the problem with that bullshit. Every oc that the Falcons have had throughout the Ryan era has been scapegoated and blamed for all of Ryan's fuck ups. First they blamed Mike Mularkey b/c they said he ran the ball too much. Never mind the fact that Michael Turner produced a near MVP season, was one of the best free agent signings of the decade and became the Falcons 2nd all time leading rusher in just 4 years. Then they blamed Dirk Koetter b/c they claimed all he called was screen passes. Never mind the fact that Matt Ryan has one of the weakest arms in the league and can't consistently throw the ball high and deep to save his life. You talk about Kyle Shannon as if he was the magical elixir for Matt Ryan's career but up until he left him and his bootleg, moving pocket, zone blocking offense was blamed for Ryan's pick 6 problems. There was a full fledged fire Shanahan movement the last 2 years he was here which included the Super Bowl season. Every oc since 2008 has been blamed for Ryan's bullshit and now in 2018 it's Sark's turn. Fohwtbs. Here we are in year 10 with another blockbuster contract on the horizon and we're still stuck with the same problems and the same qb from a decade ago. Fuck Matt Ryan and the excuses. Him and his new contract belong in NY, Buffalo, Cleveland or any place except Atlanta. Give me a good trade and he's all yours @caddo man

dnno.gif
I feel you bro

but 2016-17 was a eye opening for me. Matt Ryan was decisive and threw the ball around the field.
The Philly game was also an eye opening seeing that Matt Ryan held the ball too long on that roll out. Me being a Saint fan I was happy with the score but me being a Matt Ryan apologist. I was thinking why he didn't throw the ball.

Matt Ryan is what Joe Flacco is to the Ravens. Both have their problem and brain farts. Both have MVP performances under their belt. The problem is Joe has a ring. Matt doesn't. Neither team will be good without their QB. I will rather have Matt Ryan as my QB than not. Just ask the other teams that will give their left testicle to get him.

dnno.gif
I feel you bro

but 2016-17 was a eye opening for me. Matt Ryan was decisive and threw the ball around the field.
The Philly game was also an eye opening seeing that Matt Ryan held the ball too long on that roll out. Me being a Saint fan I was happy with the score but me being a Matt Ryan apologist. I was thinking why he didn't throw the ball.

Matt Ryan is what Joe Flacco is to the Ravens. Both have their problem and brain farts. Both have MVP performances under their belt. The problem is Joe has a ring. Matt doesn't. Neither team will be good without their QB. I will rather have Matt Ryan as my QB than not. Just ask the other teams that will give their left testicle to get him.

Ftr I wanted Joe Flacco in '08. I knew he would be available in the mid first and that he had a rocket arm. Instead we reached for Ryan at #3 when neither qb was worthy of being taken that high.

Say what you want about Joe but when it's crunch time and it's all on the line Flacco can do this....

flaccobomb_original-0.gif

Ryan has neither the arm or the balls to make a play like this on the big stage, with the wirld watching, when it's all on the line.

Youre a saints fan so I understand why you love Matt Ryan. You love Matt Ryan for the same reasons I love Steffan Diggs.

That was bad defense not good quarterbacking. Fuck Flacco and anybody that's down with him.
Bad defense or not the man threw a 70 yard missile that hit his man in stride in crunch time to win a road playoff game. Name 5 other qbs in the league that can do that. I guaranee Matt Ryan's name won't be on that list.

Last edited:
Matt Ryan is the most overhyped, overrated and overpaid qb in the league.

Julio Jones
Roddy White
Tony Gonzalez
Devonta Freeman
Michael Turner
Patrick Dimarco
Ovie Mughallei
Alex Mack
Tyson Clabo
Ryan Schrader
Devin Hester
Harvey Dahl
Todd McClure
Tevin Coleman
Taylor Gabriel
Etc.

No one has been surrounded by or squandered more talent than him. Fuck Matt Ryan.

Last edited:
Back