Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official NFL Offseason Thread

Ok.. in you guys opinion, which team as of now is most likely to fall off in 2018? Which team is most likely to get it together and make the playoffs (that didn’t last year)?

Came in to say Rams for fall off

Broncos will sign Cousins or veteran QB and make playoffs. Chargers also had a nice run too.

Of course I wanna say giants will make a turnaround, but until I see improvements on Oline, I'm not getting my hopes up.

San Fran been building there Dline for a few seasons. Gonna take a few seasons to fix that secondary though. At least two. They can speed the process by drafting a first round DB and signing a proven vet this off-season. They also need WRs. Too many holes too fix in one off-season.

I think they address the CB situation thru free agency this off season (and of course the draft).

Williams and Witherspoon played better as the season went along.

Niners LB Reuben Foster arrested, held on $75,000 bail

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was booked Sunday in Santa Clara County Jail, according to police records obtained by NFL.com.

He was held on $75,000 bail.

The Los Gatos Police Department did not respond to calls when asked to confirm the charges.

"The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the report regarding Reuben Foster," a 49ers spokesman said. "We take matters of this nature seriously and are gathering all pertinent information."

The arrest is the second for Foster in the last month. The 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft was booked on Jan. 13 in Alabama on a possession of marijuana charge and was later released after posting $2,500 bond.

Foster, widely regarded as a top-10 talent in last spring's NFL draft, slid down draft boards because of character and injury concerns. The linebacker was sent home from the NFL Scouting Combine last March for arguing with a hospital worker.

Niners general manager John Lynch told NFL Network's Steve Wyche after drafting Foster they had no concerns about the linebacker's character: "We were exhaustive in getting to know the kid. We met him at the combine. We had him out here for a visit. [Coach] Kyle [Shanahan] and I spent a lot of time on the phone with him Facetiming ... He's going to be disappointed [with being picked No. 31] because he feels he was one of the better players."

Foster started 10 games for the 49ers this past season, tallying 72 tackles.

I bet Reich ends up being the better choice in the end

I think if Luck gets healthy he’ll have a coach that can help elevate his game. Personally I’m rooting for Frank Reich. Led Maryland to the largest comeback in college football history against the U back in the day.

I think if Luck gets healthy he’ll have a coach that can help elevate his game. Personally I’m rooting for Frank Reich. Led Maryland to the largest comeback in college football history against the U back in the day.

What if Luck isnt even factored into the plans going forward at all? technically Reich isnt married to him. neither is Ballard. and if its true about how he hasnt thrown a ball, and still hasn't by the draft, you would have to think that Reich and Ballard would have conversations about pulling the trigger to draft another QB. instead of placing all their bets on the chance Luck will be in a suitable enough condition to start next season.

Niners LB Reuben Foster arrested, held on $75,000 bail

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster was booked Sunday in Santa Clara County Jail, according to police records obtained by NFL.com.

He was held on $75,000 bail.

The Los Gatos Police Department did not respond to calls when asked to confirm the charges.

"The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the report regarding Reuben Foster," a 49ers spokesman said. "We take matters of this nature seriously and are gathering all pertinent information."

The arrest is the second for Foster in the last month. The 31st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft was booked on Jan. 13 in Alabama on a possession of marijuana charge and was later released after posting $2,500 bond.

Foster, widely regarded as a top-10 talent in last spring's NFL draft, slid down draft boards because of character and injury concerns. The linebacker was sent home from the NFL Scouting Combine last March for arguing with a hospital worker.

Niners general manager John Lynch told NFL Network's Steve Wyche after drafting Foster they had no concerns about the linebacker's character: "We were exhaustive in getting to know the kid. We met him at the combine. We had him out here for a visit. [Coach] Kyle [Shanahan] and I spent a lot of time on the phone with him Facetiming ... He's going to be disappointed [with being picked No. 31] because he feels he was one of the better players."

Foster started 10 games for the 49ers this past season, tallying 72 tackles.

Glad the lions didn't draft him

What if Luck isnt even factored into the plans going forward at all? technically Reich isnt married to him. neither is Ballard. and if its true about how he hasnt thrown a ball, and still hasn't by the draft, you would have to think that Reich and Ballard would have conversations about pulling the trigger to draft another QB. instead of placing all their bets on the chance Luck will be in a suitable enough condition to start next season.

I see what you’re saying. I’m sure Indy will either draft a QB in the middle rounds or get one in FA (or both). However given that Luck was a number one overall pick and the Colts have a lot more holes than just QB, they’re gonna do all they can to build around Luck for the foreseeable future. He shown so many flashes of greatness those years before the shoulder injury that Irsay won’t let the coach and GM give up on him at this point.

Unless Luck is projected to never play again, it will still revolve around him.

SAS was spot on about Johnny Football.....

Johnny Football needs to prove he can live life drama free and more than likely excel in the CFL before he can even dream of a shot in the NFL again. He’s still young. If he can work on himself personally and professionally it’s possible... but it probably won’t happen.

Johnny Football claims he is bipolar and tryin to make a NFL comeback. smh. Nigga, you better take that CFL money and stfu.
Drug addiction and alcoholism always comes with an excuse when it's a white person. Whenever it's a brother he's just an irredeemable, no good, junkie ass thug. But everytime the addict is white it becomes a mental illness issue. It's kind of like the terrorism thing. Whenever a person of color goes on a killing spree they're aautomatically a terrorist but whenever a white person does the same thing or worse (which is usually the case) they're mentally ill. Gtfohwtbs. Fuck Johnny Manziel and his hypocritical cac apologist. If Kaep can't play that piece of shit Manziel shouldn't even be considered.

Never thought of this, but makes sense

Of course your hating ass would think that but luck will be fine

Back