Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

He obviously has a better working relationship with the Russo's when it comes to Thor and his overall career with the extraction so working with Russo's Thor vs Taika waititi's Thor has probably left a bad taste in his mouth. They did low key waste the character but not so much they can't run it back some.

Whether he’s right or wrong about the stars or the characters being a chicken or egg scenario, is irrelevant.

This whole “blame superhero movies for all these other movies being trash” argument is weak as hell.

Make better movies. Write better scripts. Fuck you worried about box office numbers for, if you in it for the “art”?

Reason why we keep running to MCU is because they keep hard selling weak ass movies like The Northman and Irishman as “true cinema”.

Reason why we keep running to MCU is because they keep hard selling weak ass movies like The Northman and Irishman as “true cinema”.

And at it's core them movies are just as simple and basic as they claim superhero movies to be.

Neither one are deep, thought provoking shit.

Killmongers view Vs T'Chilla/Wakanda view of the world/black people. Was more thought provoking than Anything ol Marty or Tarantino has ever done.

Lol, the MCU brand is the movie star.

That's true, but the actors do matter. Like, I don't think Iron Man would have even lit the MCU spark the way it did if not for RDJ.

And at it's core them movies are just as simple and basic as they claim superhero movies to be.

Neither one are deep, thought provoking shit.

Killmongers view Vs T'Chilla/Wakanda view of the world/black people. Was more thought provoking than Anything ol Marty or Tarantino has ever done.

This. I liked both the Northman and the Irishman, but I really struggle to see how either of those movies is deeper than the good MCU movies. And I'll just be real, I don't think some of these other directors could make movies like Infinity War or Endgame work. Those movies had about 1000 more moving pieces than anything Tarantino has ever dreamed of doing.

That's true, but the actors do matter. Like, I don't think Iron Man would have even lit the MCU spark the way it did if not for RDJ.

This. I liked both the Northman and the Irishman, but I really struggle to see how either of those movies is deeper than the good MCU movies. And I'll just be real, I don't think some of these other directors could make movies like Infinity War or Endgame work. Those movies had about 1000 more moving pieces than anything Tarantino has ever dreamed of doing.
Nah, people go see these comic movies for the character. It don't matter who's playing Spiderman, Batman or any other. The character sells the movie

Lol @ a MCU movie being deeper than “Taxi Driver”.

What’s wrong with y’all?

Kevin Feige somewhere, feet up, saying: “When I got a bitch, I got a bitch.”

Lol @ a MCU movie being deeper than “Taxi Driver”.

What’s wrong with y’all?

Kevin Feige somewhere, feet up, saying: “When I got a bitch, I got a bitch.”

First ain't shit that deep in Taxi Driver

second you gotta bring up a film he did damn near 50 years ago. He's had quite a few more since then........:hahaha:

Back