Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

If Tom Holland quit Spider-Man today, any white actor on a top 10 under 25 years old list, can step in and take over and movie would still do $250 mill opening weekend.

what is we doing. Y’all know this.

You said anybody can play the characters cause the characters are more important.
I gave you an example of how ridiculous that was and you tried to deflect foh
Any actor that fit the part, it doesn't matter who. I didn't think I needed to say Cedric The Entertainer shouldn't be cast as Superman

Nah, people go see these comic movies for the character. It don't matter who's playing Spiderman, Batman or any other. The character sells the movie

You just named established characters with established movie fanbases. Ironman, Captain America, and Thor were not household names when they entered the MCU. The actors did a lot in selling us those characters. T'Chala is the prime example. If the actors didn't matter, recasting would have been the obvious decision even if Coogler and the rest of the cast didn't want to do it. The problem is that a lot of the fanbase didn't want to see the character recast either. The same goes with Tony Stark. The directors commented on the decision of killing him off and how it was easier to do that because a lot of fans didn't want to see Tony played by anyone other than RDJ.

Back