Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

You just named established characters with established movie fanbases. Ironman, Captain America, and Thor were not household names when they entered the MCU. The actors did a lot in selling us those characters. T'Chala is the prime example. If the actors didn't matter, recasting would have been the obvious decision even if Coogler and the rest of the cast didn't want to do it. The problem is that a lot of the fanbase didn't want to see the character recast either. The same goes with Tony Stark. The directors commented on the decision of killing him off and how it was easier to do that because a lot of fans didn't want to see Tony played by anyone other than RDJ.
Right and non established characters failed even though Ben Afleck was a big star

Right and non established characters failed even though Ben Afleck was a big star

True, so success of these movies is a combination of things, but the actors selected for MCU roles have made a difference. They didn't just run out there and get a big name. They found people they thought could embody the role, and that has made a difference.

Tarantino has a point about alot of Marvel actors. Alot of them actors are typecast and there aren't really any movie stars today outside of maybe The Rock and...Vin Diesel? Remember that one Hemsworth movie he did where he was like a hacker or something? Did nothing iirc. People coming for the characters, not the stars/actors except for MAYBE RDJ as Iron Man

Ahhh the headline is click bait cause she also mentions being stuck in franchises such as the guardians, Star Trek and avatar

Looks-wise or as an actress?
I mean she don’t really drive me crazy looks wise but as an actress

I mean like who goes to see movies because she’s in it?

I will say I do think she needs to do less franchise stuff because she never gonna get a chance to shine

Her biggest thing was Colombiana and that was meh even though If you go on social media ppl hype that shit up lol

I mean she don’t really drive me crazy looks wise but as an actress

I mean like who goes to see movies because she’s in it?

I will say I do think she needs to do less franchise stuff because she never gonna get a chance to shine

Her biggest thing was Colombiana and that was meh even though If you go on social media ppl hype that shit up lol
Lol it's funny you say that cause I always see this on my timeline

Back