Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

Do you care about Chris Hemworth the actor or the character he's playing, QT is a hater but he's also right. You don't give a damn about Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield or that other dude, you just want to see Spiderman
People actually say “Toby’s Spiderman” and “Garfield’s Spiderman” and “Tom’s Spiderman” so I think the actor does matter. And each of them brought great performances to the role.

And in No Way Home, people cared a lot about Toby and Andrew. They were the major draws for that film and what made it as good as it was.

Not to mention, Andrew Garfield has done quite well outside of comic movies. So did Toby in his prime. So it’s not like these casting agents are just plucking randos off the street. If it was just about seeing Spiderman they wouldn’t care to choose solid actors.

These other actors mad at they own choices, lol. Don’t sign up for the shit if you think it’s goofy. Hate when people don’t take accountability for their own actions, smh.

View attachment 966313

lol, niggas just be needing a quick check man.
I remember that Denzel played Malcolm X. I remember that Chadwick played Jackie Robinson. I remember that Jamie played Ray.

Hell, I remember that Morgan Freeman played Nelson Mandela and that Matt Damon was in the movie.

Don’t remember Idris playing Mandela at all, lol. Either forgot or never knew. Point being, he must not have had a memorable performance.

I think these people complaining, while being good actors in their own right, are overvaluing their talents.

Last edited:
Lol @ him playing the race card.
Lol at you yearning for the days of Tarantino and Scorcese’s movies that are always set in a time when racism was running rampant, lol.

Tarantino hires black actors and then puts them on set only to get called nigger over and over again, lol. Yeah, the black dude usually gets getback, but the actor has to endure that shit in real life.

Movies about humanity...._you know like Second Act and Marry Me 🥴

I don't really think she was hating on Marvel to be honest. I think she was just talking about how the approach to building huge franchises has made it difficult to make smaller self contained movies. Sort of analogous to how the existence of Walmart can make it hard for the small Moms and Pops stories to survive.

That said, there is as much or more humanity in Marvel movies as there is in the silly RomComs that she does. In fact, I'd say that movies like Wakanda Forever gives us a deeper exploration of humanity than anything she's ever done.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Lol at you yearning for the days of Tarantino and Scorcese’s movies that are always set in a time when racism was running rampant, lol.

Tarantino hires black actors and then puts them on set only to get called nigger over and over again, lol. Yeah, the black dude usually gets getback, but the actor has to endure that shit in real life.

lol, when did I say that? But I would rather see Kill Bill Vol. 3 versus Shang Chi 2. And I do remember niggas on here being hyped about The Irishman.

So Simi Liu can fuck off. Google him and Reddit.

Talk about somebody overvaluing their talent. Replace him with Andrew Koji and he wouldn’t be missed.

EEAAO brought something new and fresh to the table more than Shang-Chi ever did.

Last edited:
As someone who enjoys Tanantino movies. He's overrated as shit. The Kill Bill movies were fun. They weren't deep cinema. I wouldn't say those movies were higher quality than something like Winter Soldier or Black Panther.
Tarantino movies are carried by the caliber of the actors he’s convinced to star in the movies. Plots aren't groundbreaking or anything. Just action and gore with the occasional 10 minute monologue and tons of cussing.

I enjoy them as well but he’s not doing timeless cinema. He just so happened to come along with an aesthetic that appealed to the edge of the 90’s.

lol, when did I say that? But I would rather see Kill Bill Vol. 3 versus Shang Chi 2. And I do remember niggas on here being hyped about The Irishman.

So Simi Liu can fuck off. Google him and Reddit.

Talk about somebody overvaluing their talent. Replace him with Andrew Koji and he wouldn’t be missed.

EEAAO brought something new and fresh to the table more than Shang-Chi ever did.
Bruh this is the internet, you know my counter has to paint you in the worst light possible, lol.

But nah, I’m not caping for Simi Liu. I have no idea who dude is outside of Shang Chi. My point was more so to how Tarantino degrades black people in his movies for 1:45 then they get some getback in the last 15.

Nate Moore with Marvel confirmedHulk and Namor aren't allowed to have solo movies in a recent interview.

I don't really think she was hating on Marvel to be honest. I think she was just talking about how the approach to building huge franchises has made it difficult to make smaller self contained movies. Sort of analogous to how the existence of Walmart can make it hard for the small Moms and Pops stories to survive.

That said, there is as much or more humanity in Marvel movies as there is in the silly RomComs that she does. In fact, I'd say that movies like Wakanda Forever gives us a deeper exploration of humanity than anything she's ever done.

Now she knows how Chante Moore feels.

The career J. Lo has was never hers.

She is a Puerto Rican clone of Janet, from career trajectory regarding song and movie selections to even snatching her dance choreographer.

“J. Lo” should not exist.

Now she knows how Chante Moore feels.

The career J. Lo has was never hers.

She is a Puerto Rican clone of Janet, from career trajectory regarding song and movie selections to even snatching her dance choreographer.

“J. Lo” should not exist.

lol @ J. Lo should not exist.

I won't be that harsh. We live in a world where the Kardashians, a whole family of boring talentless people, are billionaires and household names. J. Lo does at least have a talent. She is by all accounts a hard worker and did come up from basically nothing. Yeah, she bit from other artists, but lots of stars have done that. My only problem with her is that she sometimes behaves like she is something else that she is. Like I'd have no problem if she was more humble and kinda acknowledged that she kinda lucked into stardom.

The realest shit I ever heard Ice T say was: "I'm not a good rapper, but I've made a lot of money rapping. I'm not a good singer, but I've made money in a heavy metal band. I'm not a good actor, but I've starred in movies and on TV shows. That's pimpin'." That should more or less be J. Lo's stance.

LMAO AND SMH @ niggas breaking down J.Lo in a MCU thread.

Look what niggas do when you diss their comic book movies. QT is now overrated and J.Lo shouldn’t exist.

:hahaha:

If Chante would have topped off Puff then Jlo would not exist.

QT is an eccentric asshole playing his part to the letter.

Of course he see the MCU and all involved as philistines

Back