Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Look like grapes making that transition to raisins.

They do look abit like big raisins or bell shaped blueberries... Funny some describe certain varieties with a grape taste but these dont taste like grapes...

they taste like blueberries?

No this variety doesnt, they do look like them though...

I would say they taste sweet, like I would say there is defo a honey taste to them but its kinda hard to explain... They are very soft too, think that might because I picked them whilst they were easy to pick of the bush (i read thats when best to pick) so they were nice and ripe...

Ive read some say their honeyberries taste like jam, grapes or kiwi etc so I guess the varieties do vary alot in taste...

Tomatoes and cucumber coming along... They have shot up this last week!!!

I ended up using a clothes horse made for hanging clothes over the bath for the cucumber to clime through, to keep the fruit off the ground...

Does anyone know why some of my tomato branches are pointing up??? Guess its better than them welting?!?

SeBknJ.jpg

D0B8FM.jpg

Im worried Ive overwatered by tomatoes man...

:ohshit2:

Its been crazy hot over here and the polytunnel its like a sauna, couple days ago I noticed some of the leaves were curled up and the top of one of the fruiting leaves was saggy as fck... Figured it needed a good soaking as its been hottest days of the year...

Go back this morning, gave it another good soaking as the heat is crazy in there, went back just after lunch and some of the sun leaves are now sagging...

I swear if Ive killed them Im burning the polytunnel down and quitting gardening for good!!!

PLEASE TOMATO GODS, SAVE MY TOMATOES!!!

Its been crazy hot over here and the polytunnel its like a sauna, couple days ago I noticed some of the leaves were curled up and the top of one of the fruiting leaves was saggy as fck... Figured it needed a good soaking as its been hottest days of the year...

Go back this morning, gave it another good soaking as the heat is crazy in there, went back just after lunch and some of the sun leaves are now sagging...

I swear if Ive killed them Im burning the polytunnel down and quitting gardening for good!!!

Are you able to open the tunnel up and let it dry out a bit?

what kinda soil you got in there? Maybe you should get some better draining soil that doesnt hold as much water. Do you have a dehumidifier?

what kinda soil you got in there? Maybe you should get some better draining soil that doesnt hold as much water. Do you have a dehumidifier?

It drains well, think Ive just been a dummy and overwatered... Fingers crossed its sorts itself out... Its topsoil from a company recommended by The Royal Horticultural Society, they mix blended sand/soils/compost etc

I planted the tomatoes really deep as I watched a video on how it encourages them to grow bigger and and quicker, which they have but my thinking was the water has further to travel down too which is why I may have gone OTT with the water...

The fckrs on YouTube seem to water their plants like mad, I only do it 1 or 2 times a week too like they say, not everyday... I thought gardening was suppose to be relaxing, not stressful like your caring for an infant child!!! lol

Think my tomatoes might be fighting back like a scene from Baywatch, like The Hoff or Pammy dragging a drowning swimmer from the water and reviving them...

I cut a few limp leaves away but as you can see theres still a few limp ones on about 4 plants, is this normal???

PkT8d9.jpg

Also noticed some fruit popping up on a few plants over the last couple days too!!!

1zLDIT.jpg

Loganberries coming through, cant wait to get stuck into these.... Cucumbers got some mini cukes too...

05Wf8b.jpg

Are those just different variations of raspberries?

Kind of, apparently they are a cross between a raspberry and blackberry... I had never heard of them until I was given the little cutting couple years back...

They grow like mad though and are really low maintenance, so its a fruit I would recommend growing for rookie growers like me!!!

Kind of, apparently they are a cross between a raspberry and blackberry... I had never heard of them until I was given the little cutting couple years back...

They grow like mad though and are really low maintenance, so its a fruit I would recommend growing for rookie growers like me!!!
They look good as hell and possibly sweet. You plan on making any jam/jelly with em

They look good as hell and possibly sweet. You plan on making any jam/jelly with em

Yeah depending on when how ripe they are, they have a sweet, tarty taste to them... They are tasty as hell...

My boys Dad, that gave me the orginal cutting said he makes loganberry ice cream, which sounds dope... Jams a good idea too, Im not sure Im capable of making jam though lol I might give some to my ma dukes to make... Think I'll be getting a bigger crop then last year so I should have more than enough...

Back