Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

All my cucumber leaves have gone droopy, after a Google the first thing that pops up is 'cucumber beetle' which gives it a fungus disease...

The second thing is hot or cold temperatures, Im hoping its just because the plant has gotten too hot... Im gonna give it a water tonight when the temperature drops and hope its not the rasclart cucumber beetle, otherwise its toast and you cant plant there for 3 years!!!

Mad thing is I leave the door open in the polytunel now and have put net over the entrance to try keep the temperature down in there and now this happens ffs...

edit: Wow, the power of a good water!!! This is cuke when I thought it was toast, then after a good watering I just went back out and it looks good again...

MCt6Aj.jpg

NPuj5E.jpg

Last edited:
First cuke of the season, nice and refreshing...

One lesson learned is to pick them early rather than late, this one was kinda boarderline late... Think 8 inches *pause* is the right size, any bigger and they go yellow and over ripe...

16g5jk.jpg

IMG_20230702_204237785.jpg

My bell pepper plants. The one on the right is getting so big, but no peppers yet. The little on the left though got like 6 peppers on it already, but hasn't gotten much bigger since I planted her. Wondering if should take the peppers off so she can focus on actually getting bigger...

IMG_20230702_204246366.jpg
I can cut some kale!!!

IMG_20230702_204201195.jpg

Cucumber plant #2 is doing much better....

Hows everyone fruit and veg doing???

Hopefully not long until I can pick some tomatoes, the cherry tomato plant fruit has started to turn a redish colour last couple days...

My cucumber is producing tons of fruit too, Ive picked 4 cukes so far... The last couple were abit bitter though, so I had a little Google and that can happen if you dont water enough, which I dont think I have... So keeping it well watered seems to be the key to less bitter taste and more juicy taste...

Also does everyone ignore the leaf curl if they get it on their tomatoes??? Couple of my plants have it but does seem to be effecting growth...

Yeah the temp changes really messes with them... Werent you in Swiss or somewhere in Europe for abit??? Where you at now???
I’m on a mountain in Cali.
I’m headed back to Swiss end of the month.

But im not sure elevations bother tomatoes

Think some of these golden cherry tomatoes will be ready in a day or two maybe??? I wanna pick them ripe so the inside is all juicy flesh with none of that tough white piffy like stuff... Thats what annoys me with tomatoes from the shop... Though I dont wanna leave them on the stem too long either!!!

55RTKF.jpg

'Its like a jungle sometime it makes me wonder'

Need to give the plants a good water tomorrow, my method is to let the plants to slightly wilt...

MNOlJl.jpg

Back