Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

So pick them or don’t feed the whole plant?
It’s not clear

Im not sure... Though he said once its started fruiting pick one, then experiment by depriving the plant of water when it has some ripe fruit after picking your first tomato???

Try find some vids or articles on how to make peppers stronger by water deprivation and copy on a tomato plant...

It could go wrong though, think thats why he said challenge yourself by setting aside one plant and experimenting with that one plant, so then you dont fck your whole harvest!!!

Im not sure... Though he said once its started fruiting pick one, then experiment by depriving the plant of water when it has some ripe fruit after picking your first tomato???

Try find some vids or articles on how to make peppers stronger by water deprivation and copy on a tomato plant...

It could go wrong though, think thats why he said challenge yourself by setting aside one plant and experimenting with that one plant, so then you dont fck your whole harvest!!!
I already got two but like 10 more going to pop at the same time. I wonder if I pluck it while half green would be considered starving and would it start growing

I already got two but like 10 more going to pop at the same time. I wonder if I pluck it while half green would be considered starving and would it start growing

Once it starts turning colors it's not gonna grow anymore.. just ripen.

Maybe try those methods mentioned earlier.. but also try picking a green one and let it ripen off the vine.. compare it to a red one you've taken off the vine... and maybe one thats in between the green and red stage on the vine. See which one has the flavor/texture youre looking for.

Also, dont store tomatoes in the fridge.. that takes away from the flavor

Once it starts turning colors it's not gonna grow anymore.. just ripen.

Maybe try those methods mentioned earlier.. but also try picking a green one and let it ripen off the vine.. compare it to a red one you've taken off the vine... and maybe one thats in between the green and red stage on the vine. See which one has the flavor/texture youre looking for.

Also, dont store tomatoes in the fridge.. that takes away from the flavor
Man shit they don’t teach the fridge. I pluck that bitch and put it in an omelette….stuntin.
But thank you for the advice

I had a little Google, seems on pepper forums/articles they say dont completely starve off the plant with lack of water just keep it thirsty so it it uses all its power to drink the water it gets...

Now your plant is fruiting, guess you could give it ago, just keep an eye on the leaves and the stem, lookout for wilting etc

Blueberries starting to come through...

NmRbDq.jpg

My sweetcorn died!!!! FFS

Weve had mad heatwaves over here, the hottest ever on record and the polytunnel gets ridiculously hot so Ive been doing some extra watering in there...

Anyways, yesterday I went in the polytunel and my sweetcorn was fckd... One of the plants had completely wilted and bent in half and the others arnt far behind, loads of spotting and disclouration etc

I had a feeling I may had been overwatering it, so I googled it and sure enough it says 'Overwatering corn can be just as detrimental as underwatering. Overwatered plants will not produce ears, and will eventually wilt and die. Keep this in mind when watering.'

Another gardening fail!!! UGHHHHHH

Has anyone grown carrots before??? Did they look this strange???

I pick some of today, to varying degrees of success lol

yFOhJM.jpg

jNbukP.jpg

Another learning curve for next time I guess... I should had thinned them out when they starting sprouting as they were clearly fighting each other for nutrition... Also when they popped out of the ground abit early, I should had covered the tops in soil to stopped the greening on the tops...

Has anyone grown carrots before??? Did they look this strange???

I pick some of today, to varying degrees of success lol

yFOhJM.jpg

jNbukP.jpg

Another learning curve for next time I guess... I should had thinned them out when they starting sprouting as they were clearly fighting each other for nutrition... Also when they popped out of the ground abit early, I should had covered the tops in soil to stopped the greening on the tops...

lol I've seen stranger ones than that. Looks like they coulda been left down a bit longer though. Still a good harvest!

lol I've seen stranger ones than that. Looks like they coulda been left down a bit longer though. Still a good harvest!

Yeah Ive still got plenty in the ground I'll think I will let sit for a while longer... They are baby carrots though, I think even baby carrots are suppose to be bigger than some of them!!! lol

Im so confused 😆

I dnt even know what im looking at there lol

Im guessing shitake mushrooms are a wood loving mushroom not a poo loving mushroom

First blueberries of the year, they seem alot smaller than last year... Though I think it could be down to my soil not being acidic enough, I know blueberries like pretty acidic soil, so I will test the PH level of soil at some point...

I also water them with tap water and I think youre really suppose to use rainwater (again to do with the acidity)...

But they will do for now as I eat quite a few blueberries with my breakfast!!!

Nb8ZG2.jpg

Not much going on in the garden at the moment save for a few tomato trees and watermelons. Getting grazed by hurricane Earl later on this evening so we're trying to cover up as much as we can lol we'll see how effective the buckets and trash bags will be.

PXL_20220908_181231917.jpeg
PXL_20220908_181213022.MP.jpg
PXL_20220908_181225089.jpeg

Just trying to stop them from getting whipped up by the wind too much. The ones under the buckets should survive.. The ones with bags over them... it's a tossup lol

Not much going on in the garden at the moment save for a few tomato trees and watermelons. Getting grazed by hurricane Earl later on this evening so we're trying to cover up as much as we can lol we'll see how effective the buckets and trash bags will be.

View attachment 920424
View attachment 920422
View attachment 920423

Just trying to stop them from getting whipped up by the wind too much. The ones under the buckets should survive.. The ones with bags over them... it's a tossup lol

Best of luck, bro...

Back