View attachment 883940

I took a snipping of the basil and put it in water.. roots coming
View attachment 883939

More chicken bones.. more bone meal
View attachment 883946
Educate me on bone meal

Educate me on bone meal

Check these posts from a page or two back

quick update.. so I had some wings last night(muhfuckin FLATS) and decided to try to make some bone meal to use for the garden instead of throwing the scraps out.

They say to boil them for some hours to soften the bones and make it easier to remove the meat and gristle.. I said fuck all that and put them in the pressure cooker for a little over an hour.

After that I rinsed them off and got any remaining meat or gristle off the bone. Then put them in the over for another hour. After that I put them in the grinder and came out with this bone meal. Ima keep doing it so I have a decent amount to use in my garden

View attachment 869519

bonemeal has alot of calcium but more importantly phosphorus.

If you look at fertilizers you will prolly see something they have 3 numbers on the packaging like this

View attachment 869738

Those numbers represent the amount of NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium).

Phosphorus is supposed to be really good for the roots and blooming/flowering of plants

Alright I consider myself a friend to animals but this fucking groundhog ate my first tomato of the season today and I kinda want to get my BB gun going. I already had the squirrels eat all my hazlenuts and the deers and birds ate my grapes and cherries and the motherfucking lanter nflies are infesting my figs.

I'm not even looking for some tips or advice right now. I'm literally thinking about burning my whole backyard down on some if I don't eat nobody eats type shit.

I spent the past year learning how to keep these trees alive and healthy and even took a gardening course at rutgers only for these fuckers to eateth all my goddamn bounty!

Next year I'm growing strictly hot peppers. These fruit trees can eat a dick.

Alright I consider myself a friend to animals but this fucking groundhog ate my first tomato of the season today and I kinda want to get my BB gun going. I already had the squirrels eat all my hazlenuts and the deers and birds ate my grapes and cherries and the motherfucking lanter nflies are infesting my figs.

I'm not even looking for some tips or advice right now. I'm literally thinking about burning my whole backyard down on some if I don't eat nobody eats type shit.

I spent the past year learning how to keep these trees alive and healthy and even took a gardening course at rutgers only for these fuckers to eateth all my goddamn bounty!

Next year I'm growing strictly hot peppers. These fruit trees can eat a dick.

lmao I feel ya pain bruh.. I had about 7 tomato plants... all but two got fuckin decimated by slugs/snails

dont get it fucked up tho.. certain bugs eat hot peppers too
:cry:

20220720_152255.jpg 20220720_152255.jpg

I caught a picture of this fat fuck coming back to the scene of the crime. My cat was just staring at him like it was tv. No treats tonight!

(And yeah I got mad garbage cans. They came with the house. Funny thing... how do you throw away a garbage can? They just keep leaving those fuckers there. Like... please take that shit! I left a note and everything!)

View attachment 888890View attachment 888890

I caught a picture of this fat fuck coming back to the scene of the crime. My cat was just staring at him like it was tv. No treats tonight!

(And yeah I got mad garbage cans. They came with the house. Funny thing... how do you throw away a garbage can? They just keep leaving those fuckers there. Like... please take that shit! I left a note and everything!)

Shoulda opened up the door or the window and let lil homie get to work on the intruder.

Lol at yall both looking out the window at the disrespect unfolding in ya yard

lmao I feel ya pain bruh.. I had about 7 tomato plants... all but two got fuckin decimated by slugs/snails

dont get it fucked up tho.. certain bugs eat hot peppers too

I spent the past two years learning how to deal with bugs and soil ph and a fertilizers and all this shit and was treating the squirells and deers and bird like they were my woodland friends.

Now I'm some fuck everybody shit like where can I get some DDT?

Last edited:
Shoulda opened up the door or the window and let lil homie get to work on the intruder.

Lol at yall both looking out the window at the disrespect unfolding in ya yard

Nah my cat hasn't ever been outside before and I'm not trying to let him. I got him from some old ladies in that weird russian part of brooklyn.

And for the record after I took the pic I went outside and scared him away but that bastard wiggled under the janky fence and just sat there with his tail still under the fence like "is you finished or is you done?"

I'm gonna grow these next but since I got the seeds so late I'm gonna do them in my basement in my semi-hydroponic setup that I haven't used in a while...

The Story of Fish Peppers, a Legacy of the African American Garden

Fish-Pepper-Seeds.jpg

There’s a pepper that’s fruity and spicy, similar in texture to a serrano, but without any bitterness in its bite. It transforms from milky white to yellow to stripy green to blazing red as it matures: a sunset on the vine. This is the fish pepper, and its history is as compelling as its flavor.

Although the exact origins of the fish pepper are unknown, it is widely believed that it came from somewhere in the Caribbean, arriving in the United States in the late 1800s. Culinary historian Michael Twitty believes that fish peppers were brought to the Baltimore, Maryland, area by Haitians, and soon began to pop up in gardens, kitchens, and produce markets in the city.

Once they were here, fish peppers thrived. While it seems that white people didn’t grow them very often, African Americans all along the Chesapeake Bay began to plant the peppers in their gardens. There’s a saying that what grows together goes together, and Black caterers and cooks often used the pepper in seafood dishes, taking advantage of the local bounty. Since one out of every 50 or so fish peppers lacks chlorophyll and remains pale in color, fish peppers were especially useful in recipes that had a cream base, where they provided a stealthy flavor while remaining stylishly invisible.

Back