Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Got a lil green tomato but dying leaves.
I’m winning and losing at the same time.

View attachment 875515

Bro, Im in the same position with one of my tomato plants, its wilting to fck but still has tomatoes on it...

At first I thought it was overwatering, now I dont know wtf is going on...

Check these and see if any of the descriptions fits yalls plants

Picked a couple cucumbers today, both have a light yellow patch going down the back, think its were they have sat in damp soil???

I watched a video on how to prune cucumbers couple weeks ago that was interesting, I didnt know they had suckers very similar to tomatoes, soon as I started pruning them it made a massive difference to the growth...

This guy is abit annoying but it was productive vid for me lol

fovJkE.jpg

WtqAfz.jpg

Check these and see if any of the descriptions fits yalls plants

Good looking out, I'll give them a read... I thought I found the problem, the overwatering pics and descriptions looked identical to my plant, though Im not too sure now, maybe I then UNDER watered it trying to fix the problem lol thankfully the others seem to be doing OK...

Picked a couple cucumbers today, both have a light yellow patch going down the back, think its were they have sat in damp soil???

I watched a video on how to prune cucumbers couple weeks ago that was interesting, I didnt know they had suckers very similar to tomatoes, soon as I started pruning them it made a massive difference to the growth...

This guy is abit annoying but it was productive vid for me lol

fovJkE.jpg

WtqAfz.jpg

From my experience cucumbers like to climb. Do you have a trellis or something for the vines to wrap around and climb so that they arent resting on the ground?

From my experience cucumbers like to climb. Do you have a trellis or something for the vines to wrap around and climb so that they arent resting on the ground?

Yeah thats where I missed up, I need a trellis haha my dumb ass just planted it and left the cucumbers resting on the soil, even when I was watering I was think 'these cucumbers are gonna get wet' smh... Im gonna get one this week...

I dont know how it is in North America but in the UK we have a serious lack of bees...

Ive seen very few the last couple years so Im gonna plant some plants in the garden that try attract more, this Borage plant (technically a herb) looks perfect... Looks nice, attracts bees, self pollinates and self sows and you can eat the whole plant...

My tomato plants have blight!!! Ive had to chuck my best one away as loads of the leaves were covered in brown spots and spreading like wildfire... 3 of my other plants had it too but not on all the leaves, so Ive cut all the stems and leaves of with the spots in hopes I can selvage the plants smh

Add that to my tomato plant that is wilting its not been a good tomato growing season...

:cry:

My little update...View attachment 882694
My tomatoes have started to come😁

View attachment 882695
My cucumber plant is growing nicely, but has yet to produce anything yet 😬
View attachment 882697
View attachment 882698View attachment 882699

One mother nature's creatures snacked on my cabbage and broccoli 🤬
View attachment 882700View attachment 882701
My peppers...

View attachment 882702
And I almost killed my strawberry plant, but I brought her back.

:aye:

lookin good @Tayboo !!!!

Keep an eye on that cabbage and broccoli. They look damn near ready or past ready to pick.. That broccoli look like its almost bout to go to seed

lookin good @Tayboo !!!!

Keep an eye on that cabbage and broccoli. They look damn near ready or past ready to pick.. That broccoli look like its almost bout to go to seed

Yeah I'm about to cut my cabbage off and I was thinking the same about my broccoli....

Yeah I'm about to cut my cabbage off and I was thinking the same about my broccoli....

One thing my dad taught me, if you cut that broccoli off but you see lil heads growing lower down on the stem.. leave them.. youll get another set.. I think it only works that second time tho

One thing my dad taught me, if you cut that broccoli off but you see lil heads growing lower down on the stem.. leave them.. youll get another set.. I think it only works that second time tho

Thank you for the video. This my first time growing broccoli so it's a good learning experience

lookin good @Tayboo !!!!

She really does need to keep an eye on this cabbage.
4E8D8341-F7BA-4A2A-8790-76C58FCA1410.jpeg

If she keeps letting it grow she might have a Little Shop of Horrors situation to deal with.

AF31269C-8424-4075-9791-5DC1D2F369E7.gif

Nah, good shit @Tayboo ! My wife’s garden is coming along great too. Already pulled a few huge squash and zucchini out and some radishes. Cucumbers and okra coming in now. I’ll get some pics soon.

A few things my girls picked from the garden today. A big ass Okra, some green beans, a cucumber, a zucchiniand some apples from the apple tree.

View attachment 883181

Damn Japanese beetles keep getting to the apples. We put some milky spore down though so hopefully won’t have this problem for long.

Good stuff bruh!

You gonna try to pickle the cucumbers or just chop em and put them in a salad?

Good stuff bruh!

You gonna try to pickle the cucumbers or just chop em and put them in a salad?
Just chop and eat raw, in a salad or on a sandwich or something. The Mrs. usually sautées the squash and zucchini or puts it in a stir fry. Probably try to bread and fry the okra.

Back