Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

damn what happened?

We had a really bad thunderstorm the other day and blew one of my peppers plants over. I put it back up, but today I went make sure everything was watered cause it's super hot and she's wilted. I think it broke off at the root....

We had a really bad thunderstorm the other day and blew one of my peppers plants over. I put it back up, but today I went make sure everything was watered cause it's super hot and she's wilted. I think it broke off at the root....

Ah damn that sucks. You can try a little experiment. I havent tried with a pepper before but it may work.

Take a cutting of the pepper plant and place it in some water. Make sure to change the water every couple of days and you may start to see some roots forming. Once you see the roots you can replant that in the soil.

I'm trying to do that now with one of my battered tomato plants..

PXL_20220614_231645422.jpeg PXL_20220614_231615559.jpeg

It might work it might not.. worth a try!

Advice on what to do for my dying tomato plant?

rught now I over water it before sunrise

Inori is 100x more knowledgeable then me, my advice would be to cut back any leafs touching the base/dirt and any discoloured leaves too...

Maybe prune it abit too so the plant uses its energy abit more economically and can focus on growing....

Put it in the sunniest spot you can find and put some Tomorite feed in with the water (once a week or fortnightly whatever it recommends), feed it via capillary, keep an eye on it, when the plant has drank the water put more in the base...

Advice on what to do for my dying tomato plant?

rught now I over water it before sunrise
Tomato plants love water especially in summer months so give em a lot of water. And give it some plant food that may give it the boost to grow back strong. Or try cutting the wilted part off

What the fellas have already suggested is what I would have recommended as well. Do you know if it's a determinate or an indeterminate?
Do you notice alot of water in the pan under your pot after watering? Drainage might be an issue. Doesnt look like any mold or fungus is on the plant. Doesnt look like pests are the issue either

Aite so I did some basil salt for the first time. Tastes pretty damn good too!

I trimmed off the flowers/buds from my basil plant to promote leaf growth..
PXL_20220615_193941180.jpg

Instead of tossing it out I figured Id try something new.. I took the leaves and flowers I trimmed and put them into a grinder to break it down. After that I mixed in some coarse sea salt and ground it a little more.

From there I spread it out and put it into my dehydrator for like 12 hours. Opening it up every few hours to break it up and spread it out some more.
PXL_20220616_140638972.jpg

PXL_20220616_140838544.jpg

I tried to put it into a jar but it wouldnt fit, but I had a salt container on deck
PXL_20220616_141043384.jpg

PXL_20220616_141301954.jpg PXL_20220616_141257384.jpg PXL_20220616_141310471.jpg

I was told to trim the flowers and lower branches to focus the energy.

the soil I treated so it has food and I recycle any water out the bottom to try to keep more nutrients.

View attachment 863773

Instead of tossing it out I figured Id try something new.. I took the leaves and flowers I trimmed and put them into a grinder to break it down. After that I mixed in some coarse sea salt and ground it a little more.

From there I spread it out and put it into my dehydrator for like 12 hours. Opening it up every few hours to break it up and spread it out some more.
View attachment 863782

View attachment 863772

I tried to put it into a jar but it wouldnt fit, but I had a salt container on deck
View attachment 863775

View attachment 863774View attachment 863777View attachment 863776
I’m hating

View attachment 863773

View attachment 863782

View attachment 863772

View attachment 863775

View attachment 863774View attachment 863777View attachment 863776

Thats dope bro, so you dried out the basil and mixed in rock salt??? Or you dried the basil with your rock salt???

You can sprinkle basil salt on your chips now (not sure what americans call fat fries lol), that sounds tasty as fck...

Thats dope bro, so you dried out the basil and mixed in rock salt??? Or you dried the basil with your rock salt???

You can sprinkle basil salt on your chips now (not sure what americans call fat fries lol), that sounds tasty as fck...

I thought about dehydrating the basil first and then adding the salt to it but I just took the fresh basil and put the milling blade on my nutribullet joint and ground up all the basil first. Put the salt in and grinded it some more then dried them both together.

I think If I dried the basil first then ground everything up together I mightve been able to get it finer that how I have it now tho. Might try that next time and see which way I like better. Now that it's dry I could grind it again but I dont mind coarse salt. Dont need much

Back