Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Think my two kale is ready to pick, aside from bunch in the middle as that was originally grown in a small pots and transferred to the Trug so thats pretty far behind... May give it another week though... I especially love the 'curly' which seems to have grown turbo...

w1xdDG.jpg

Think my two kale is ready to pick, aside from bunch in the middle as that was originally grown in a small pots and transferred to the Trug so thats pretty far behind... May give it another week though... I especially love the 'curly' which seems to have grown turbo...

w1xdDG.jpg

dope! You gonna pull the whole plant up or just trim some of the leaves and come back for the new growth when it's ready?

dope! You gonna pull the whole plant up or just trim some of the leaves and come back for the new growth when it's ready?

I just take off a stem and then it grows (or should) grow back!!! Think I did over crowded the Trug this year though, I put down a ton of seeds expecting loads of the to not take but it seems they did lol

Ive been watching a ton of this dudes videos recently, defo one of my go to channels recently, even for sh!t Im not growing!!!

edit: Im gonna give the Kale Chips a try too, I'll post some pics if Im successful... or even if I fail lol

Last edited:
Im yet to successfully grow ginger, just realised looks like Ive been burying it too deep and facing the wrong way... I normally soak it for 24yrs which seems I dont need to do either...

Has anyone here actually grown ginger???

Some good watering advice too...

Im yet to successfully grow ginger, just realised looks like Ive been burying it too deep and facing the wrong way... I normally soak it for 24yrs which seems I dont need to do either...

Has anyone here actually grown ginger???

Some good watering advice too...

I've grown it twice. I think it's a more shallow plant and the roots seem to grow across rather than down. I've only gotten small pieces of ginger though. Never managed to get a massive one like you see in the stores. Ima keep trying tho

I've grown it twice. I think it's a more shallow plant and the roots seem to grow across rather than down. I've only gotten small pieces of ginger though. Never managed to get a massive one like you see in the stores. Ima keep trying tho

Yeah Im determined too, Im gonna give another try soon... I think its all about getting the right peice of ginger like in the video, so the roots face upwards when the ginger is placed on its side...

Came back home after a couple months and as expected my garden is in shambles.. lol a couple survivors tho

ONE butternut squash PXL_20220611_233326442.jpg

a couple Pinocchio Tomatos barely holdin on
PXL_20220611_233312453.jpg

Some beautiful basil. I copped this kind cuz they flower HUGE and I thought they would bring more bees around to pollinate my tomatoes and peppers. None of the peppers survived but we had a tropical storm last week too so
PXL_20220611_233302345.jpg
PXL_20220611_233300371.jpg

Im for sure drying some of this out for herbs.. Might try to make pesto from the flower/buds. It's a little whipped up from the storm but still holding on.

This is what I got up next hopefully
PXL_20220611_233541764.MP.jpg

Came back home after a couple months and as expected my garden is in shambles.. lol a couple survivors tho

ONE butternut squashView attachment 860080

a couple Pinocchio Tomatos barely holdin on
View attachment 860082

Some beautiful basil. I copped this kind cuz they flower HUGE and I thought they would bring more bees around to pollinate my tomatoes and peppers. None of the peppers survived but we had a tropical storm last week too so
View attachment 860079
View attachment 860081

Im for sure drying some of this out for herbs.. Might try to make pesto from the flower/buds. It's a little whipped up from the storm but still holding on.

This is what I got up next hopefully
View attachment 860078

Thats dope... With tomatoes though they seem to be susceptible to disease, they do also seem quite hardy when they are just damaged or abit under or over watered, they seem to come back to life when they look battered!!!

Also those pink jazz tomatoes on the packet look delicious!!!

Just picked my first courgette (or zucchini as they called in north america)... Think I may have left it on the plant too long though as it could be used as a deadly weapon its so hard lol

NdkLDj.jpg

My Loganberry bush just started turning pink/red too, so hopefully they will be ready soon... Just hope my fruit cage arrives soon as the birds will be munching on them before me at this rate!!!

D4B3ly.jpg

Back