Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official DCU Thread

lmao I was arguing my ass off when BvS came out defending it. Once Suicide Squad dropped i kind of eased back, then as soon as it was revealed Snyder was leaving and Justice League eventually dropped, i was like "theres no way in hell im defending this shit."

Im still holding on to hope, word to superman, but WB needs to release some concrete plans of wtf they are doing moving forward. They are just announcing movie after movie with 1-2 releases a year and they're all hit or miss. Shazam is looking like a step in the right direction. Im not mad at the goofiness in the trailer, because you're dealing with a 13 year old kid with super powers. Definitely not gonna be the most mature thing ever. Im confident Patty and the Wonder Woman crew will do good with WW84, but besides that I'm weary to be excited for anything coming related to this DCEU.

Excited for Joker though. Mainly cuz Phoenix is a great actor imo. Todd Phillips, the director, is one of my favorite comedy directors ever. Plus its being produced my scorcese and the combination of Scorcese and Phillips is so weird that its interesting to see what they'll come up with. Also with it not being connected to the DCEU and a completely stand alone movie I can go into it with a completely open mind.

Lmao I fear the worst for Cavill, he's been filming the witcher and chances are that he ain't coming back as Supes... Whoever is in charge at Warner bros fucked up...Snyder's trilogy would have been epic - if that vid in the other thread was true where the JL would initially lose to Darkseid and had to travel back in time and shit - but I read Snyder's daughter committed suicide so I can't imagine in what place he is right now nore do I blame him for all the fuck ups.

I'm looking forward to phoenix as the joker and Reeves's detective mystery long Halloweenesque Batman they're supposedly working on...

But Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps trilogy/universe seems further away than ever...

4276E412-8B82-4404-8447-97C42D55EBC8.jpeg

Following the rumors about Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, now it is being said Supergirl may be on the chopping block and could get potentially canceled and replaced by a Tyler Hoechlin Superman series.

Is claimed that due to low ratings that Supergirl could get canceled, as Warner Bros. is said to be unhappy, and if things continue, may end the series following next season. It's also claimed that next season's big Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover may be the catalyst that brings about the end of the current Arrowverse, save for The Flash, and creates some sort of new CW DC TV universe said to be "drastically different."

Regarding a potential Superman series, last we saw of the Tyler Hoechlin Man of Steel was during theElseworlds crossover event when it became known that Lois Lane is pregnant and that they are engaged. In addition, the episode left Superman's return wide open as Clark told Supergirl he was taking some time off for an unspecified amount of time. A Superman TV series has also been said to be a big possibility.

While it is being claimed ratings is an issue for the cancelations, worth a mention is that I pointed out in my previous article that Warner Bros. is developing movies for Supergirl and The Flash, and we know that WB doesn't like to have the same characters appearing on television and in the movies at the same time (i.e. Suicide Squad, Deathstroke), so the movies could very well be the reason why Arrowverse shows are really getting canceled, in addition to Stephen Amell being done with Oliver Queen and Arrow. Obviously, using low ratings as an excuse for the cancelations would come off better than simply canceling them because of movies, which if true, would tick off a lot of fans.

The Supergirl movie has been said to possibly be a soft reboot for Superman, as much like Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill has been rumored to be leaving the role. So we see with a Supergirl movie in development and no Man of Steel 2, WB possibly cancels the TV series and starts one for Clark Kent and Lois Lane (the ol' switcheroo).

Regarding The Flash TV series, it is said to be safe. Interestingly enough, just today saw Ezra Miller tease a "Speedster multiverse" for his own movie which connects to other versions of characters. I wonder if the new DCEU is going to connect Ezra Miller's Flash to Grant Gustin?

C269A41A-C42B-4409-92D9-ADDB7BC1C08C.jpeg

That just sounds horrible

I'm not happy with any of that.

The arrowverse is great, and I'm not ready for it to be over.

Yes arrow had it's run....

And I can understand them cutting legends even though I love it...

But Supergirl is in my opinion the strongest this season. And had been getting progressively better. I feel they should not let what the movies dictate them.

Cavill and Affleck leaving are disappointing.... But not the end of the world.

The right script with the right director kills the casting controversy....

Just make good movies based on strong comic stories... Shit is so frustrating when you hear how they stumble..

I really thought they had things together... But I can admit I was being over optimistic, cuz shit is looking bad again

I'm not familiar with armies movies I dont think, but that pic looks convincing enough. Looks like he could play a batman around the same age as batfleck too. Maybe they will do this first one as a prequel then incorporate him into the later movies aged a bit.

He was in the "social network" movie. He doubled as hisself and played the winklevoss twins.

He is actually a good fit to play batman if he does..

View attachment 113624

Following the rumors about Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, now it is being said Supergirl may be on the chopping block and could get potentially canceled and replaced by a Tyler Hoechlin Superman series.

Is claimed that due to low ratings that Supergirl could get canceled, as Warner Bros. is said to be unhappy, and if things continue, may end the series following next season. It's also claimed that next season's big Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover may be the catalyst that brings about the end of the current Arrowverse, save for The Flash, and creates some sort of new CW DC TV universe said to be "drastically different."

Regarding a potential Superman series, last we saw of the Tyler Hoechlin Man of Steel was during theElseworlds crossover event when it became known that Lois Lane is pregnant and that they are engaged. In addition, the episode left Superman's return wide open as Clark told Supergirl he was taking some time off for an unspecified amount of time. A Superman TV series has also been said to be a big possibility.

While it is being claimed ratings is an issue for the cancelations, worth a mention is that I pointed out in my previous article that Warner Bros. is developing movies for Supergirl and The Flash, and we know that WB doesn't like to have the same characters appearing on television and in the movies at the same time (i.e. Suicide Squad, Deathstroke), so the movies could very well be the reason why Arrowverse shows are really getting canceled, in addition to Stephen Amell being done with Oliver Queen and Arrow. Obviously, using low ratings as an excuse for the cancelations would come off better than simply canceling them because of movies, which if true, would tick off a lot of fans.

The Supergirl movie has been said to possibly be a soft reboot for Superman, as much like Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill has been rumored to be leaving the role. So we see with a Supergirl movie in development and no Man of Steel 2, WB possibly cancels the TV series and starts one for Clark Kent and Lois Lane (the ol' switcheroo).

Regarding The Flash TV series, it is said to be safe. Interestingly enough, just today saw Ezra Miller tease a "Speedster multiverse" for his own movie which connects to other versions of characters. I wonder if the new DCEU is going to connect Ezra Miller's Flash to Grant Gustin?

View attachment 113627

Why do ANOTHER Superman tv show?

All the properties DC has why not take a shot w/ some lesser or unknown characters.

View attachment 113624

View attachment 113627

How is it that they still don't have any idea what it is they want to do over there at WB. Wow.

Du please don't kill yourself. Not worth it man.

That just sounds horrible

I'm not happy with any of that.

The arrowverse is great, and I'm not ready for it to be over.

Yes arrow had it's run....

And I can understand them cutting legends even though I love it...

But Supergirl is in my opinion the strongest this season. And had been getting progressively better. I feel they should not let what the movies dictate them.

Cavill and Affleck leaving are disappointing.... But not the end of the world.

The right script with the right director kills the casting controversy....

Just make good movies based on strong comic stories... Shit is so frustrating when you hear how they stumble..

I really thought they had things together... But I can admit I was being over optimistic, cuz shit is looking bad again

Wasn’t the last crossover kinda testing the waters for a Superman show? That’s why they brought in Lois right? But I agree I hope they don’t cancel Supergirl it’s been great this season. Cancel Arrow, and bring in Batwoman and the Superman show. I don’t mind two Super shows as long as the stories are done right. Thing is Supergirl is taking all of Superman’s rogue gallery for her storyline. So idk what else they’d use.

Im happy if they destroy every CW show and try them again with less corny melodrama and shitty jokes. Hell, i'll even tune into the finale's and cheer them on if it means their destruction.

Arrowverse has been taking bold strides...I say let them continue. Leave Supergirl alone

Heard they were gonna do a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold flick.

If true, I'd pay folding money to see it if it's any good. Booster Gold has been my favorite DC character since issue #1.

Heard they were gonna do a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold flick.

If true, I'd pay folding money to see it if it's any good. Booster Gold has been my favorite DC character since issue #1.
I honestly don't know what to expect going forward, but the fact that that have so many jewels in the stash will always have me ready to support

Wb also confirmed deadshot/will Smith will not be returning for suicide squad. Apparently the film was to feature characters from the first movie but mainly Smith and robbie leading a new team.

Do they really think after a few years the audience just forgets what happen in movies before because if they call it Suicide Squad 2 and nobody returns that would be awkward.

Back