The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Gotta respect the opinions and feelings of these irrationally angry people. Must wish them well.
People disowned family cuz they wouldnt get the vaccine. That's pretty irrational to me. It's both sides saying and acting irrational, and it's been that way since the beginning. Remember the great toilet paper crisis? We all will.

This is going to be like the flu, something we have to stay on top of every year. If we keep up with sanitization, masks, social distancing, staying the fuck home when sick(thank gawd businesses stopped expecting you to come in when you feel like shit) we won't have to contend with the flu/cold because our efforts made those illnesses virtually non existent, I do believe we're my health department's specific words, so we'll be able to focus our attention on covid and how it's getting around these safety measure that have worked so well on the cold and flu that we've been battling for ages.

Reactions: Royal and VIBE

A friend of mine sent this video to me yesterday. It keeps getting taken down from social media sites and YouTube so might be gone by time you view, but just sharing to add to the discussion.

I could post Valid research about the flaws of this vaccine & why it affirms being uncomfortable about the thought of taking it. But why do that? To make those who took it uneasy? Nah I don’t move like that. Shit isn’t my place & I’m not looking to win a debate.

Everyone here are adults and make their own decisions. I have to respect & hold space for that. I’m not gonna say some outlandish shit like wish death on a nigga or toss out insults.

I could post Valid research about the flaws of this vaccine & why it affirms being uncomfortable about the thought of taking it. But why do that? To make those who took it uneasy? Nah I don’t move like that. Shit isn’t my place & I’m not looking to win a debate.

Everyone here are adults and make their own decisions. I have to respect & hold space for that. I’m not gonna say some outlandish shit like wish death on a nigga or toss out insults.
Well put it in a spoiler. I would like to read it if you don't mind

I'm this close to wishing ill will on people who are against the vaccine. I honestly don't think that makes me a bad person either.

One of the biggest problems we have in this country is dumbass people thinking that their dumbass opinions and statements should be treated equally. Dumb shit should always be called out.
Trash post all around.

But stick around I enjoy these dumb ass posts

I feel you on this. I think people only post what confirms their bias, from both sides. And when people do I think “are they trying to convince others or themselves?” Not saying I’m right in that assumption, just my initial thought.

At the end of the day though, I appreciate the info we get here from both sides because even if individuals only post from one perspective, as a community we’re getting a pretty good comprehensive view.

A friend of mine sent this video to me yesterday. It keeps getting taken down from social media sites and YouTube so might be gone by time you view, but just sharing to add to the discussion.

I got a lil gripe....

...the clapping don't match with the vid. Why is that? Otherwise I'm curious about this guy's credentials

People disowned family cuz they wouldnt get the vaccine. That's pretty irrational to me. It's both sides saying and acting irrational, and it's been that way since the beginning. Remember the great toilet paper crisis? We all will.

This is going to be like the flu, something we have to stay on top of every year. If we keep up with sanitization, masks, social distancing, staying the fuck home when sick(thank gawd businesses stopped expecting you to come in when you feel like shit) we won't have to contend with the flu/cold because our efforts made those illnesses virtually non existent, I do believe we're my health department's specific words, so we'll be able to focus our attention on covid and how it's getting around these safety measure that have worked so well on the cold and flu that we've been battling for ages.

The idea that this is going to be like the flu should've been done away with a long time ago

Curious question for those that are still hesitant..

Is it governmental distrust mainly?
The need for more information?
Or something else? A combination?

Disclaimer: I am personally still hesitant and havent been vaccinated yet.

Curious question for those that are still hesitant..

Is it governmental distrust mainly?
The need for more information?
Or something else? A combination?

Disclaimer: I am personally still hesitant and havent been vaccinated yet.
Natural immunity for me..but I'm keeping my eyes open