Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Natural immunity for me..but I'm keeping my eyes open

gotcha. Me personally im still trying to learn about possible future booster shots, the effectiveness against these variants and potential side effects.

I aint too mixy these days and out and about like I used to be and keep my circle pretty small so I feel like I can wait a bit longer. I think i'll make a decision around the fall/winter tho one way or the other

gotcha. Me personally im still trying to learn about possible future booster shots, the effectiveness against these variants and potential side effects.

I aint too mixy these days and out and about like I used to be and keep my circle pretty small so I feel like I can wait a bit longer. I think i'll make a decision around the winter tho one way or the other
I'll just say if me and mine didn't already catch Covid I'd probly be pressed to get vaxxed. But beside that I'm all for a human practicing their right to make their own choice regardless of the shit heads that wanna shit on em.

So now I'm curious what's your hesitancy? Ie elaborate on booster shots & your thoughts on side effects

I'll just say if me and mine didn't already catch Covid I'd probly be pressed to get vaxxed. But beside that I'm all for a human practicing their right to make their own choice regardless of the shit heads that wanna shit on em.

So now I'm curious what's your hesitancy?

Initially I was hesitant about the side effects. While it's still in the back of my mind it's not the main concern at this stage. My main reservation is because it seems like theyre still trying to figure out how well it works against the variant(s) and there seems to be uncertainty about booster shots in the future. My hesitancy can be directly traced to information being put out saying one thing this week and something completely different the next week.

I understand this is an evolving situation but yeah thats where my hesitancies come from

I think dude made up some statistics to fit his narrative. Who he think he is, CNN? 😉
My mind is getting all confused by the percentages and lack of commas, idk what he's saying cuz its all smoothed together. I think he's saying the 50% can gtfo but not sure. Prolly doesn't matter what's he's saying but now it's gonna be one of those random things that pop into my head like: "maybe he meant that!?" And drive me crazy cuz its a grey area.

My mind is getting all confused by the percentages and lack of commas, idk what he's saying cuz its all smoothed together. I think he's saying the 50% can gtfo but not sure. Prolly doesn't matter what's he's saying but now it's gonna be one of those random things that pop into my head like: "maybe he meant that!?" And drive me crazy cuz its a grey area.
Well idk where he got his numbers from but some ppl definitely were forced to take it to keep their jobs/income/way of life.

Initially I was hesitant about the side effects. While it's still in the back of my mind it's not the main concern at this stage. My main reservation is because it seems like theyre still trying to figure out how well it works against the variant(s) and there seems to be uncertainty about booster shots in the future. My hesitancy can be directly traced to information being put out saying one thing this week and something completely different the next week.

I understand this is an evolving situation but yeah thats where my hesitancies come from
Shit I feel u man but being objective, the vaccines seem to minimize hospitalizations and death..also this variant seems to go after healthy & fit more than the original strain. So if you're healthy & fit plus vaxxed up? U probably fine.

Just talk to some people u know and trust that got both shots.

If u didn't already catch and beat Covid then vaccine is probably your best bet, but make that decision after u talk to people u know personally and a doctor.

The idea that this is going to be like the flu should've been done away with a long time ago
If this virus keeps mutating, which means the vaccine just given isn't going to to work against that variant, so another one has to be made, and then another variant will pop up and etc etc. Sounds flu like no?

There's some studies showing that these leaky vaccines (vaccines that allow breakthrough infections) can lead to mutations....if that's true, it's not the unvaxxed driving this pandemic..and while I'll assume vaccines manufacturers are acting in our best interest, y'all are dead wrong shitting on the unvaxxed.

There's some studies showing that these leaky vaccines (vaccines that allow breakthrough infections) can lead to mutations....if that's true, it's not the unvaxxed driving this pandemic..and while I'll assume vaccines manufacturers are acting in our best interest, y'all are dead wrong shitting on the unvaxxed.

In addition to Marek’s disease, Read has been studying malaria, which is the target of several leaky vaccines currently in development. In a 2012 paper published in PLOS Biology, Read and Vicki Barclay, his postdoc at the time, inoculated mice with a component of several leaky malaria vaccines currently being tested in clinical trials. They then used these infected-but-not-sick mice to infect other vaccinated mice. After the parasites circulated through 21 rounds of vaccinated mice, Barclay and Read studied them and compared them to malaria parasites that had circulated through 21 rounds of unvaccinated mice. The strains from the vaccinated mice, they found, had grown far more virulent, in that they replicated faster and killed more red blood cells. At the end of 21 rounds of infection, these more quickly growing, deadly parasites were the only ones left.
From an article I posted before. You may have read it already.

blame your president.

are you vaccinated?

From an article I posted before. You may have read it already.
Yup that's one of the studies. And these Covid vaccines that allow the disease to live inside us are potentially the type to fall under this perpetual variant pumping pandemic..meaning if 100% of the world population was vaxxed, we would STILL be going thru this.

But 100% of the world will never be vaxxed bc there's no profit in vaxxing poor countries, which may also be potential grounds for new variants.

As Fauci says "a virus will not mutate unless u allow it to replicate"

How are they addressing vaccine inequity? Or are they at all? 🤔

Yup that's one of the studies. And these Covid vaccines that allow the disease to live inside us are potentially the type to fall under this perpetual variant pumping pandemic..meaning if 100% of the world population was vaxxed, we would STILL be going thru this.

But 100% of the world will never be vaxxed bc there's no profit in vaxxing poor countries, which may also be potential grounds for new variants.

As Fauci says "a virus will not mutate unless u allow it to replicate"

How are they addressing vaccine inequity? Or are they at all? 🤔
They don't know wtf to address. Ya know, cuz its a lot to unpack.

If this virus keeps mutating, which means the vaccine just given isn't going to to work against that variant, so another one has to be made, and then another variant will pop up and etc etc. Sounds flu like no?

This is not how this works at all.

First and foremost the whole reason why variants exist and the virus has mutated is because not enough people have been vaccinated in the first place.

The slow pace in which people were initially vaccinated combined with the quickness in which the virus spreads is what causes variants to form in the first place.

In other words, if in March 2020 we implemented a lockdown stronger then any we have previously had along with mandatory universal mask wearing and mandatory universal social distancing we would’ve never experienced the high surges that we saw. The virus would’ve never spread as hard as it did and it would’ve been contained enough to a point where we would’ve already been back to “normal” in 2021.

But the problem was once the virus got politicized we were done. Then mask wearing got politicized and then…..yup you guessed it, the vaccine was politicized.

We were doomed when as early as last spring people were talking about heard immunity which is a complete uneducated thing to bring up that early in this whole ordeal. The reason why any talk of heard immunity was always ridiculously stupid was because suggesting heard immunity is never an option. It’s a result. Heard immunity happens naturally after all other options have been exhausted and since we have too many stupid and uneducated people in this country we never collectively put in enough effort to fully implement the very first basic requirements which were mask wearing, hand sanitizing, and social distancing.

Now as for your second point about another vaccine having to be made that’s also not necessarily true.

The best and most efficient way to combat variants is to get as many people vaccinated with the vaccines that are already available. That is how the virus gets contained.

Variants are not going to miraculously pop up out of the blue. The exist in the first place because the virus has been able to remain too active and spread without enough containment.

It’s like having an infection go untreated.If you ignore the initial infection long enough it will spread to other areas and depending on which area that is, it could be critical. Deadly even.

So any talk about creating a new vaccine just for the variants is skipping all the way to a result like I mentioned in my previous post.

If enough people get vaccinated right now there won’t be any more variants that pop up and there won’t be a need for a vaccine just for a variant.

But……….

The vaccines have been available for almost a year and we still have too many people taking a wait and see approach but what they don’t realize is this.

Yiu cannot take a wait and see approach in this situation with a virus as deadly and contagious as this one is. If you think you’re gonna wait until more info or more data is available then your going to literally be waiting forever. As long as the virus can’t be contained it will continue to evolve and mutate creating more variants. So I’m this case waiting is not the answer since it is the act of waiting and refusing to get the vaccine in the first place that is allow the virus to have the freedom to evolve.

TL;DR

There is no magic pill coming. No cure on the horizon. No lucky charms at the end of this rainbow. The way to defeat this virus is to get vaccinated by one of the vaccines available all of which have been proven to be extremely effective against this virus. Once enough people have been vaccinated the virus will struggle to exist.

Back