Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Nah not this time.

im trying to see if they stopping requiring the vax yet
If I wanna dine in anywhere in Chicago I need to provide proof of vaccination.

Or I can drive 20 min to Arlington heights where no one wearing a mask or asking my medical information and live like a normal human being.

:js4:

Whether it's harmful for kids development/learning etc is debatable

Whether it was actually necessary no longer is debatable. If teachers are vaxxed, they aren't at risk from catching severe covid from students. Students themselves are not high risk of severe infection.

I can see the abundance of caution argument before vaccines. But once anyone who wanted one can get one, and once the data showed Covid is practically harmless to kids this should've been dropped.

Closing schools has also negatively affected kids in even more ways.

It became politicized like everything else.
But if a student catches it from another student and takes it home, it could be severe to that family member. Severity isn’t based on the person that transmits it, it’s based on the person that catches it.

Now closing schools absolutely did harm children and I wish it would have never been done. I understand why it was done at first when everything was so new, but once it was found to not be needed they should have lifted it.

But if a student catches it from another student and takes it home, it could be severe to that family member. Severity isn’t based on the person that transmits it, it’s based on the person that catches it.

Now closing schools absolutely did harm children and I wish it would have never been done.
Children are less likely to catch Covid than vaccinated adults.

We are talking a miniscule rate.

When they do catch it, their symptoms are milder meaning their rate of transmission is lower.

Than fully vaxxed adults.

Lollapalooza was a greater risk as a super spreader event than any classroom in America.

Lollapalooza raged on for four+ straight days. How long were classrooms closed?

That's not even the point. The lowest risk group is facing the harshest restrictions.

Those imposing those restrictions don't abide by them.

Children are less likely to catch Covid than vaccinated adults.

We are talking a miniscule rate.

When they do catch it, their symptoms are milder meaning their rate of transmission is lower.

Than fully vaxxed adults.

Lollapalooza was a greater risk as a super spreader event than any classroom in America.

Lollapalooza raged on for four+ straight days. How long were classrooms closed?

That's not even the point. The lowest risk group is facing the harshest restrictions.

Those imposing those restrictions don't abide by them.
Looks like we just disagree about masking being harsh and rate of transmission from children to adults. My kids wear masks all day at school and it’s never been an issue. I have one in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school so each age range. And we got Covid from my daughter. I know my one experience is anecdotal, but still.

And yes, lollapalooza shouldn’t have happened either.

Looks like we just disagree about masking being harsh. My kids wear masks all day at school and it’s never been an issue. I have one in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school so each age range.

And yes, lollapalooza shouldn’t have happened either.
I'm not saying masking is harsh.

I'm saying at this point it's unnecessary.

U basically cool with your kids doing something they don't have to bc politicians tryna get points.

I updated my post. And as far as masking, it is an abundance of caution argument for me. I think masks do work, so it has nothing to do with politicians.
My kids wear masks all day at school and it’s never been an issue. I have one in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school so each age range. And we got Covid from my daughter. I know my one experience is anecdotal, but still.
Abundance of caution.

Yet u caught Covid from your daughter who was masked up at school all day

🤔

Is it working?

Back