The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

True I think I fucked them decimals up a couple spots tho 🥴
I was going to point that out but it’s still a very low number. If this were the beginning of the pandemic though a 0.01% death rate would be catastrophic. At this point with the vaccines, natural immunity, and unfortunately the people that have already died, it’s not as impactful as it once was.

I think I’d still rather get a mainly harmless shot than be in that 0.01%.

Reactions: StringerBell
I was going to point that out but it’s still a very low number. If this were the beginning of the pandemic though a 0.01% death rate would be catastrophic. At this point with the vaccines, natural immunity, and unfortunately the people that have already died, it’s not as impactful as it once was.

I think I’d still rather get a mainly harmless shot than be in that 0.01%.
I feel u but the vast majority wouldn't be in that .01% even without the shot. Those are still mainly older folks with comorbidities.

Regardless, the headlines make shit sound way scarier than it really is

I feel u but the vast majority wouldn't be in that .01% even without the shot. Those are still mainly older folks with comorbidities.

Regardless, the headlines make shit sound way scarier than it really is
Like all these people dying.
Yet it’s only .01
But dint spread it it’s killing people.

Like all these people dying.
Yet it’s only .01
But dint spread it it’s killing people.
It's the demonization of unvaxxed and it becoming a dirty word for me

Even the ones who were recovered and safer to be around than the vaxxed who were scared of em

🥴

It's the demonization of unvaxxed and it becoming a dirty word for me

Even the ones who were recovered and safer to be around than the vaxxed who were scared of em

🥴
Speaking of recovered, after now having it I will not be getting the booster unless my job makes me.

Maybe in about 8 months or so depending on what new research might come out about how long natural immunity lasts. If it lasts for a year I’ll get boosted in a year. 2 years then 2 years. Whatever the science says. Or my job, lol.

Reactions: ChicagoFigure
Screenshot_20220206-113041.png
Screenshot_20220206-113200.png
Screenshot_20220206-113233.png
Screenshot_20220206-113248.png

I already know how this is gonna go. As long as he dodges the questions, snaps his neck, scoffs every 40 secs, gives media a good soundbyte to "own" whoevers questioning him, that will be good enough for most.

Bc what's better than figuring out who f'd our lives up and even lost some of our loved one for the last two years? Is "owning" the other side

FLG8gLHXEA8t4pS.jpeg
FLG9fEVWQAA2YEs.jpeg

Screenshot_20220209-123652.png
Screenshot_20220209-123749.png

Follow the science politicians

View attachment 763511
View attachment 763512

View attachment 763513
View attachment 763514

Follow the science politicians

But did wearing masks in school hurt anybody? Some of this stuff was simply “out of an abundance of caution” scenarios. I don’t think anyone is questioning the possibility that a kid at school can catch it and bring it home either, which is one point for having them mask up.

Ya know what the masks will help with school kids with? It will help slow the spread of one of the most prolific parasites in the western world. 5000 eggs in a square foot!.... pinworms. While the masks won't stop all dirty fingers that have touched corridor walls going into mouths, it will sure minimize it!

But did wearing masks in school hurt anybody? Some of this stuff was simply “out of an abundance of caution” scenarios. I don’t think anyone is questioning the possibility that a kid at school can catch it and bring it home either, which is one point for having them mask up.
Whether it's harmful for kids development/learning etc is debatable

Whether it was actually necessary no longer is debatable. If teachers are vaxxed, they aren't at risk from catching severe covid from students. Students themselves are not high risk of severe infection.

I can see the abundance of caution argument before vaccines. But once anyone who wanted one can get one, and once the data showed Covid is practically harmless to kids this should've been dropped.

Closing schools has also negatively affected kids in even more ways.

It became politicized like everything else.

Last edited:
Whether it's harmful for kids development/learning etc is debatable

Whether it was actually necessary no longer is debatable. If teachers are vaxxed, they aren't at risk from catching severe covid from students. Students themselves are not high risk of severe infection.

I can see the abundance of caution argument before vaccines. But once anyone who wanted one can get one, and once the data showed Covid is practically harmless to kids this should've been dropped.

Closing schools has also negatively affected kids in even more ways.

It became politicized like everything else.
It's lunacy, I just follow along for the laughs.