Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Maybe I missed something but I gotta say that tho I completely despise WHO's handling of covid origin investigation they seem to be the most consistent and on the money with how to handle the virus itself

The governor ordered them to release the numbers to PROVE that people were in the hospital WITH Covid and not because of Covid. Lol

The LIBERAL governor of NY is trying to prove that the numbers are misleading. Lol The agency refused so she released the numbers. Then the CEO of some hospitals got up there and said his hospital has 50% vaccinated people and 50% unvaccinated people.

You are saying the majority of the people in the hospital are unvaccinated.. The governor of one of the worst hit cities is saying different . The CEO of these hospitals are saying different.

All over America that narrative is falling apart because it’s not useful anymore. It’s time for people to get back to work.

That's one city. I can surf the net right now and find three counter examples in like three seconds. Or I can post reports from hospitals in FL that are being accused of undercounting cases to fit their narrative. Or I can post individual accounts of experts saying that numbers are always undercounted in pandemics. That's why I said we aren't doing that. The anecdotes are pointless.

If some kinda meta analysis comes out and shows that they been overcounting COVID cases, then I'm open to read, but one city's impropriety doesn't mean anything when all these people are fudging shit to prove agendas.

The governor ordered them to release the numbers to PROVE that people were in the hospital WITH Covid and not because of Covid. Lol

The LIBERAL governor of NY is trying to prove that the numbers are misleading. Lol The agency refused so she released the numbers. Then the CEO of some hospitals got up there and said his hospital has 50% vaccinated people and 50% unvaccinated people.

You are saying the majority of the people in the hospital are unvaccinated.. The governor of one of the worst hit cities is saying different . The CEO of these hospitals are saying different.

All over America that narrative is falling apart because it’s not useful anymore. It’s time for people to get back to work.
People in car accidents with COVID are being counted as hospitalize because of COVID

He's downplaying the impact the vaccines could have had by ignoring the sequence of events that led us to where we are now.

When the vaccines were first released, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were said to be about ~95% effective at preventing transmission, which turned out to be roughly true. Basically, the disease could still break through, but the vast majority of people vaccinated would have both a smaller chance of catching it and a smaller chance of spreading if caught. So, of course medical professionals believed that the vaccines could have gotten us to something like herd immunity. However, the rollout of the vaccines took a long time, and we had a lot of people refusing to get the vaccination. In all that time, the virus mutated, something we have known it could do for a long time, and those new variants became more and more resistant to the vaccination.

He's making it seem like the leaders were just selling a dream, when that's not what happened. There was a chance that the vaccines could have gotten us past COVID. Hell, there was a chance that early shutdowns, masking, and social distancing could have gotten us past COVID, but we botched all that. I'm tired of people talking like tried and true methods for dealing with outbreaks are the problem instead of the politicization of this pandemic and people, in general, refusing to be responsible.

ummm what

it was clear early on the vaccines weren't as effective as previously stated and should be used in conjunction with other preventative measures when they said vaccinated people could carry the virus at the same rate as the unvaccinated in their nose

it was clear early on when pharmaceutical companies stated immunity waned after 3 months lmao

Plus why people make fun of dead unvaxxed without know why?
Or even if they was anti vax.
Do we shame gays why died from aids? Say they shoulda not been gay and they still be here.
Do we shame poor people who are victims of violence? Shoulda just not been poor.

this shit really brought out peoples true colors when they think they are apart of something.

because the majority of americans are stupid and subscribe to whatever is being spoon fed to them by mass media.

Like this would have been tremendously different if Donald Trump wasnt president

at least we wouldve got checks

I know you’re a Thanos fan so I’ll make an Infinity War reference, the rona collected all the damn stones and did the snap before everyone realized what was going on.

and now you’re just acting like Dr. Strange in this bitch talking about ‘there is only one way!’.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 i legit hollered

Just heard this morning on NPR that Omicron may actually be a good thing because it will bring about endemicity more quickly. It’s a less severe strain that’s more transmissible so it’s taking over the severe Delta strain in the population and boosting natural immunity at the same time.

An increase in natural immunity combined with vaccinations will reduce the number of hospitalizations and deaths and it will start to be treated like the flu sooner than expected.

Plus why people make fun of dead unvaxxed without know why?
Or even if they was anti vax.
Do we shame gays why died from aids? Say they shoulda not been gay and they still be here.
Do we shame poor people who are victims of violence? Shoulda just not been poor.

this shit really brought out peoples true colors when they think they are apart of something.

Actually the answer to your questions is...yes...all those people do get shamed unfortunately. Hell there was just a thread on here recently where Vibe went on a "gay people live a deadlier lifestyle and thats how they contract HIV" rant.

With people who aren't vaccinated against covid there's a bit of nuance that you and some others seem to miss which is the failure to acknowledge that despite you having a good reason medical or otherwise to not get vaccinated there's plenty of people who continue to promote very stupid and unfounded/unproven reasons as to why they're not. And that's who those comments are intended for. Same as the people who went around claiming wearing masks would somehow get you "infected with 5g technology" got made fun of at this point anyone who is making dubious claims about the vaccine being "DNA changing technology" "them putting a chip in you" or whatever batshit crazy theory is out this week those people are actively spreading misinformation so when they suffer the consequences of their actions there's gonna be little to no sympathy.

Back