Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Again, from what I've seen, the demonization of unvaxxed people has had less to do with them not being vaxxed and more with their reasoning for not being vaxxed. It's a pandemic and they basically turned getting vaxxed into a rights issue. And sure now that the variants have cut down on the efficacy of the vaccines at preventing transmission, you're probably right that it's not as vital for people who are healthier. However, when the vaccines were first released and the fervor against unvaxxed people was growing, all signs pointed to the vaccines being effective at cutting the spread. So yeah, people had the right to be upset with others choosing not to get vaxxed for flimsy or uninformed reasons. If you don't like that, that's your business, but we live in a society and everyone has the right to tell people who are basically taking the stance of "I can do what I want and I don't care how it affects the rest of you" to fuck off.
Being unvaxxed bc u have recovered from Covid within the past six months and still have antibodies is seen as "stupid" and "irresponsible".

While it's all relative, it's treated and discussed in very blanketed and barely nuanced ways.

Idc about what ppl have a right to say. When we talking laws and mandates that ignore science i do have a problem.

Being unvaxxed bc u have recovered from Covid within the past six months and still have antibodies is seen as "stupid" and "irresponsible".

While it's all relative, it's treated and discussed in very blanketed and barely nuanced ways.

Idc about what ppl have a right to say. When we talking laws and mandates that ignore science i do have a problem.

lol Well it is stupid and irresponsible considering we know that you can basically get back to back cases of it if you're not careful.

And you're the one that brought up people being demonized, so you obvious do care about what people say.

lol Well it is stupid and irresponsible considering we know that you can basically get back to back cases of it if you're not careful.
If u catch Covid while having natural immunity you're in the same space as catching it if fully vaxxed, if not better. Including severe cases and hospitalizations. How is that stupid?

And you're the one that brought up people being demonized, so you obvious do care about what people say.
The demonization is driving the politics and putting people out of work. That's what I care about.

If u catch Covid while having natural immunity you're in the same space as catching it if fully vaxxed, if not better. Including severe cases and hospitalizations. How is that stupid?

The demonization is driving the politics and putting people out of work. That's what I care about.

No, it wasn't. Again, when the vaccines were released, they were shown to be effective in reducing the spread of the disease. That's why mandates came out because companies didn't want to get sued for not providing safe work spaces. Even now, unvaxxed people are still have higher chances of having severe reactions to the virus. Companies don't want to take the chance that people catch the virus at work and die from it. Most of the places where people are losing their jobs are places where you're basically required to work in close contact with people, and whether you like it or not, under those circumstances, it is better to have the workforce vaccinated.

I'm pretty sure your first statement isn't true across the board. I believe it's probably true for young and healthy people that had an infection with light symptoms. However, I seriously doubt that a person that survived a tough battle with COVID is better off relying on natural immunity than someone who had been vaccinated all along.

No, it wasn't. Again, when the vaccines were released, they were shown to be effective in reducing the spread of the disease. That's why mandates came out because companies didn't want to get sued for not providing safe work spaces. Even now, unvaxxed people are still have higher chances of having severe reactions to the virus. Companies don't want to take the chance that people catch the virus at work and die from it. Most of the places where people are losing their jobs are places where you're basically required to work in close contact with people, and whether you like it or not, under those circumstances, it is better to have the workforce vaccinated.
So you're okay with CDC recommending going back to work 5 days after catching covid and not testing yourself?

Much needed nurses getting fired for not getting vaccinated even tho they have antibodies and t cells?

I'm pretty sure your first statement isn't true across the board. I believe it's probably true for young and healthy people that had an infection with light symptoms. However, I seriously doubt that a person that survived a tough battle with COVID is better off relying on natural immunity than someone who had been vaccinated all along.
Your knowledge is limited on this subject

So you're okay with CDC recommending going back to work 5 days after catching covid and not testing yourself?

Much needed nurses getting fired for not getting vaccinated even tho they have antibodies and t cells?

Your knowledge is limited on this subject

I don't think it was a good idea to cut down to 5 days without testing. The CDC has been called out on that, and it's my understanding they are reassessing now. after being given new data from South Korea.

If my knowledge is limited, please show me data demonstrating that people who were compromised physically by COVID and had difficult fights with it and then choose to rely on natural immunity are safer than people who went the vaccine route from the start. Help me expand my knowledge.

I don't think it was a good idea to cut down to 5 days without testing. The CDC has been called out on that, and it's my understanding they are reassessing now. after being given new data from South Korea.
Do u realize that the CDC's guidance change, whether they are reassessing or not, is not based in science or data? Do u realize how this can farther exacerbate the pandemic?

people who were compromised physically by COVID and had difficult fights with it and then choose to rely on natural immunity are safer than people who went the vaccine route from the start. Help me expand my knowledge.
I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Anyone compromised has higher chance of severe Covid, vaxxed or not..please elaborate

Do u realize that the CDC's guidance change, whether they are reassessing or not, is not based in science or data? Do u realize how this can farther exacerbate the pandemic?

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Anyone compromised has higher chance of severe Covid, vaxxed or not..please elaborate

I don't personally know where they came up with the 5 days. It seems dubious to me, so I have no intent on defending it. All I know is that they have been called out on it already, and I believe they are reassessing.

And sorry, I should have chose a different word that compromise.

What I'm saying is that people who choose not to get vaxxed have a higher chance of having a tough experience with COVID and that I don't believe that the people that went through that then going on to rely on natural immunity are in a better position that people who were vaxxed from the start. You seem to think otherwise, so I'd like to see the evidence that has led you to that belief.

What I'm saying is that people who choose not to get vaxxed have a higher chance of having a tough experience with COVID
The main factors are comorbidities and age. Regardless of vaxx status. Were u unaware of this?

I don't believe that the people that went through that then going on to rely on natural immunity are in a better position that people who were vaxxed from the start. You seem to think otherwise, so I'd like to see the evidence that has led you to that belief.
The Israel study comparing natural immunity v fully vaccinated is a great example. Tens of thousands sample size. Then CDC comes out with a study out of Kentucky with a few hundred or more sample size max and the ignorant lost their minds. Common sense says, if u compare standard v standard, the Kentucky study that CDC based their guidelines off of wouldnt even suffice.

Screenshot_20220111-210321.png
Screenshot_20220111-210411.png

Screenshot_20211112-131132.png
Screenshot_20211112-131243.png
Screenshot_20211112-131429.png
Screenshot_20211112-131513.png
Screenshot_20211112-131703.png

If u get bored with these.i have more

Maybe I didn't word my question right.

Pretty much all those articles/reports simply provide evidence that people form some natural immunity following exposure to COVID-19. I don't doubt that's true. That's how the immune system is designed to work. For people, that are young and healthy and can take a bout with COVID and come out ok, that's fine.

However, that still leaves millions of people in this country alone that may not fare so well in an exposure. My point was that I don't believe them relying on natural immunity following a tough bout with COVID is better than just being vaxxed to begin with. You suggested I was wrong about that. That's what I want to see proof for.

And yes, I know age and co-morbidities are the key factors to consider, but the thing that you keep missing out on is that the concern isn't always about the person infected. Like I've said multiple times, initially, the vaccines were pretty effective at slowing the spread. So sure, non-vaxxed young people could survive the disease no problem, but they'd still be putting older or sicker people around them at a higher risk.

That doesn't matter so much now since it's been admitted that the vaccines aren't all that useful for stopping the spread of these newer variants, but the anti-vaxxer hysteria was in full swing before these variants popped up.

Again, from what I've seen, the demonization of unvaxxed people has had less to do with them not being vaxxed and more with their reasoning for not being vaxxed. It's a pandemic and they basically turned getting vaxxed into a rights issue. And sure now that the variants have cut down on the efficacy of the vaccines at preventing transmission, you're probably right that it's not as vital for people who are healthier. However, when the vaccines were first released and the fervor against unvaxxed people was growing, all signs pointed to the vaccines being effective at cutting the spread. So yeah, people had the right to be upset with others choosing not to get vaxxed for flimsy or uninformed reasons. If you don't like that, that's your business, but we live in a society and everyone has the right to tell people who are basically taking the stance of "I can do what I want and I don't care how it affects the rest of you" to fuck off.
I’m so confused by this.

cut the spread?

but …..

mom not doing this.
I’ll just watch.

im getting old

Maybe I didn't word my question right.

Pretty much all those articles/reports simply provide evidence that people form some natural immunity following exposure to COVID-19. I don't doubt that's true. That's how the immune system is designed to work. For people, that are young and healthy and can take a bout with COVID and come out ok, that's fine.

However, that still leaves millions of people in this country alone that may not fare so well in an exposure. My point was that I don't believe them relying on natural immunity following a tough bout with COVID is better than just being vaxxed to begin with. You suggested I was wrong about that. That's what I want to see proof for.

And yes, I know age and co-morbidities are the key factors to consider, but the thing that you keep missing out on is that the concern isn't always about the person infected. Like I've said multiple times, initially, the vaccines were pretty effective at slowing the spread. So sure, non-vaxxed young people could survive the disease no problem, but they'd still be putting older or sicker people around them at a higher risk.

That doesn't matter so much now since it's been admitted that the vaccines aren't all that useful for stopping the spread of these newer variants, but the anti-vaxxer hysteria was in full swing before these variants popped up.
Some of the articles state that natural immunity is stronger than being fully vaccinated. Admittedly boosters maychange that and "hybrid immunity" still seems to reign supreme.

Fact of the matter is...if u already caught Covid and survived, mandating the shot is meaningless. This doesn't mean "catch Covid on purpose" so please don't conflate that.

Nurses are being forced off their job for not getting vaxxed, even if they have strong immunity, then we hear stories about understaffed hospitals being flooded. It's fuckin retarded.

Also, with omicron, u are more likely to be reinfected JUST AS u are more likely to have a breakthrough infection.

BUT

Articles state "u can still catch Covid if u have natural immunity, so get vaxxed anyway!!"

While others say "u can still catch covid if u are fully vaxxed, this doesn't mean the vaccines aren't working!"

Do u see the double standard here?

Some of the articles state that natural immunity is stronger than being fully vaccinated. Admittedly boosters maychange that and "hybrid immunity" still seems to reign supreme.

Fact of the matter is...if u already caught Covid and survived, mandating the shot is meaningless. This doesn't mean "catch Covid on purpose" so please don't conflate that.

Nurses are being forced off their job for not getting vaxxed, even if they have strong immunity, then we hear stories about understaffed hospitals being flooded. It's fuckin retarded.

Also, with omicron, u are more likely to be reinfected JUST AS u are more likely to have a breakthrough infection.

BUT

Articles state "u can still catch Covid if u have natural immunity, so get vaxxed anyway!!"

While others say "u can still catch covid if u are fully vaxxed, this doesn't mean the vaccines aren't working!"

Do u see the double standard here?

To be more precise, most of those articles are saying that the immunity is longer lasting not so much that it is more effective at screening for infection. I just scanned them quickly, but it doesn't see any of the articles go into depth about the severity of the reactions during infection. I mean, I think one did, but it didn't really provide any numbers for that point. If the vaxxed reaction is still superior then that would be reason for getting vaxxed even after having the disease.

Your point is taken though. There's reason to excuse people who have had the disease from being mandated to get a vaccine.

U came at me fam. I'm just informing u.

I came at you about what? I said were oversimplifying. In that particular post, you were. Even now, you're providing decent evidence for the fact that there may be reason to have certain exceptions to vaccine mandates, but none of this is proof that the government shouldn't have pushed strongly for vaccinating the populace.

Back