Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Covid having the same mortality rate as the flu is a common misconception. Flu kills anywhere between 20 and 80k people annually in the US. Covid has killed almost 650k in the US in just one year. So you’re looking at an almost 10x mortality rate as compared to the flu.
Ehhhh

years vs year

you can’t compare the two because immune system access

just saying

Y’all also gotta remember.....

while we get access to a lot in the US by way of medicine and vaccines

it also weakens US in other ways.

Don’t take our healthcare system for granted.

the very thing that’s a back and forth in here is a first world issue.

kinda like saying the stimulus check is only $1000 when people are living on less than a $100 a month.

Ehhhh

years vs year

you can’t compare the two because immune system access

just saying
Sorry, I’m not following. Years vs. year? Meaning we’ve built up some natural immunity to the flu because it’s been around so long?

Even so, the version of the flu we deal with was probably never as deadly, unless it’s an offshoot of the Spanish Flu, and I don’t believe it is. If it ever was as deadly, I’m sure it would have been mentioned at some point.

But do you know the main reason it’s not as deadly as it could be?

Vaccines!

And vaccines that are not nearly as effective as the Covid vaccine. I think they’re 50-65% effective usually.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what they are waiting to see, when they are on a ventilator struggling?? Not to sound harsh but I'm trying see what they trying to see that wouldn't make it too late at that point.

I'm not sure what they are waiting to see, when they are on a ventilator struggling?? Not to sound harsh but I'm trying see what they trying to see that wouldn't make it too late at that point.
It's takes an average of ten years after something new is introduced into the population to get a good idea of how it affected them overall as a whole.

It's funny ive seen people talk down on other blacks for not wanting to get it (@Sion ) but its the other way. Most blacks are just taking a wait and see approach. And are the most likely to get it if it becomes required.

Alot of white people aren't planning to get it regardless.

20210523_034452.jpg

Back