Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I've seen @B_A say shes taking the wait and see approach but wants to wait like 10 years.

I'm curious for the others who are also waiting.. how long are yall thinking on waiting before you make a decision to get it or not?

I'm waiting myself to see how this all plays out but I think 10 years is a bit much for me. I'd might consider it next year sometime.. particularly when I see where the chips fall with the things we're seeing coming up about not letting unvaccinated folks go certain places or do certain things

I've seen @B_A say shes taking the wait and see approach but wants to wait like 10 years.

I'm curious for the others who are also waiting.. how long are yall thinking on waiting before you make a decision to get it or not?

I'm waiting myself to see how this all plays out but I think 10 years is a bit much for me. I'd might consider it next year sometime.. particularly when I see where the chips fall with the things we're seeing coming up about not letting unvaccinated folks go certain places or do certain things

Depends. I'd like to wait it out as long as possible cause like @B_A says those longterm side effects not gonna rear their ugly heads for years and I want to know what those are before I put that in my body.

Because the whole pandemic, how, when and where it started is suss. Was it a mistake or a motivated act?

But I understand I can't afford to just stay at home forever unless I'm gonna start hustling again which I'd rather not do. My savings getting ran through.

Depending on where I land work wise whether back doing what I was doing before when things open up or doing something else. It might be required for me to be vaccinated. I have a couple friends who didn't want to take it but were pressured by work or spouse/family.

My biggest issue is here in Canada no matter what vaccine you get they are giving out the doses at the AstraZeneca rate of 3-4 months between doses. So the fact Pfizer and moderna vaccines not even being administered at the proper efficacy is a non starter for me. I'd rather them fix that issue before I even consider it.

I'm just taking in the information as things go along. If I catch it while waiting it out I just gotta hope its something I can handle.

🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm more concerned with any auto immune diseases that may occur down the road as that was one of their concerns about the vaccine. That may have changed in the last 6mth but I don't think so. It's also takes an average of 10 years after something is introduced into the population to get a better idea of how it affected them as a whole. This vaccine is being pushed as the be all end all, when science knows for a fact, it isn't nor could it ever be.

I need consistent information about side effects and how it interacts with certain medicines and compromised systems.

real talk

it’s not just as simple as the odds are for getting it for everyone.

plus a lot of shit ain’t adding up. I said this earlier but people skip over a lot of data but then claim data.

im not against taking it.....I’m against the lack of information about it

Plus......with so many millions of people getting the shot and NOTdying.....why if this has been sstudied for years they still surprised at some side effects and whole governments refusing to take certain vaccines?
and if millions are ok....they stop pause it over a few deaths or side effects? That makes no sense

That mixed in with them not being liable for anything that goes wrong just doesn’t sit right.

reasonable concerns to have all around imo

Lol no, they aren't reasonable concerns. Brudda up there wonderin' if covid is some conspiracy.

Vaccines don't cause auto immune issues so that's not a reasonable concern either.

"science says this vaccine is the be all and end all", that sounds like a reasonable comment to you?

Lol no, they aren't reasonable concerns. Brudda up there wonderin' if covid is some conspiracy.

Vaccines don't cause auto immune issues so that's not a reasonable concern either.

"science says this vaccine is the be all and end all", that sounds like a reasonable comment to you?

I didnt get conspiracy vibes from @King Freeman post. Seemed like he was just questioning if COVID getting out of a lab was a mistake or intentional. *shrugs*

Maybe I should have been more specific with my comment... I think some hesitancy to the vaccine is reasonable. The concerns freeman @DOS_patos and @B_A expressed seemed reasonable(to me) and all three of them have expressed a willingness to get more information and learning more. I'm never gonna clown someone for wanting more information

If you're going to quote me at least quote me right and not misrepresent me by paraphrasing.

I mean... one would think after a whole year more information came to light
Maybe that's what it is, maybe not. Fact is NIH and WHO didn't press China hard enough and took their word for it.

I could be wrong but it's a lil coincidental that over a billion in funding for gain of function research, which is possibly what led to lab leak, was just approved..now that the bag secured Fauci changing his tune.

I'ma eventually look more into that though.

Back