Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

Then you need to come out and admit that you don't like what she is saying because as a POTUS candidate giving campaign speeches and nomination acceptance speeches, she's saying as much as she can say policy wise.

You think she's gonna go up there on the DNC stage and give a C-SPAN speech? This isn't a Senate Judiciary hearing while we've seen her in action before.

I dont deal in extremes bruh. Nobody asked for a powerpoint presentation.

She can explain some things she hopes to accomplish and say how she hopes to accomplish them with the help of the house and senate but apparently thats asking too much

I dont deal in extremes bruh. Nobody asked for a powerpoint presentation.

She can explain some things she hopes to accomplish and say how she hopes to accomplish them with the help of the house and senate but apparently thats asking too much

WTF??????

Is that not what she did? Are you listening to what she is saying?

The specifics requires..................................................

Congress. The Senate.

The President of The United States is not a Dictator. Y'all let Trump convince you that Presidents are supposed to lead by just saying and proclaiming shit.

At least pretend like you know how the government works.

Asking for specifics on a subject THAT REQUIRES CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL is intentionally trying to dismiss what someone is saying before they can even act on it. You're not really trying to hear those specifics.
So she can just throw a bunch of ideas out there and when ppl legitimately ask "how?" It's acceptable for u to only hear "we'll see"?

The $25k housing assistance for instance, will increase demand for housing. If the shortage of housing continues, housing will become more expensive, thus softening and potentially cancelling the benefit of the $25k to begin with.

Trust me, I'm really trying to hear the specifics.

I can already see that "Policy" is going to start (it already has) getting terribly misused.

There's a difference between policy, messaging, and agenda. Asking for policy at a nomination acceptance speech is being intentionally disingenuous.

Y'all ain't asking for Policy. What you're describing is an Agenda and she is delivering her Political Agenda pretty clearly.

Her Policy will not be singular to her beliefs unlike Trump. Her Policy will REQUIRE congressional intervention. That's why it's called a Policy my niggas.

What you're asking for is an Agenda. Not a Policy.

There are a lot more differences. And if you are particularly interested in sending arms to Israel, there might be a difference there too. But it would be unwise in the extreme for her to show her hand about what she intends to do on this issue. If she came out now and said publicly, "Yes, I will not be sending arms to Israel" or "I will condition any arms sales on it doing x,y, z," it could cost her the election. There will be more discussion about it now than there will be if she gets elected and actually changes the policy.

Many pro-Palestinian supporters want her to do what can only decrease her chances of getting elected, and if Trump is elected, he will be worse for Palestinians.
Do u believe what is happening in Gaza currently is a genocide in progress?

So she can just throw a bunch of ideas out there and when ppl legitimately ask "how?" It's acceptable for u to only hear "we'll see"?

Uh.......yes? That's what a Political Agenda is. her throwing ideas out there is her establishing her Political Agenda.

Walk with me................

The $25k housing assistance for instance, will increase demand for housing. If the shortage of housing continues, housing will become more expensive, thus softening and potentially cancelling the benefit of the $25k to begin with.

What? Read this again.

Their proposal is to build 3 Million homes while also offering a $25K credit for first time home buyers. I don't know if you understand this but the investment pays for itself. She explains it briefly here.

Do u believe what is happening in Gaza currently is a genocide in progress?
The difference is the Biden admin is putting pressure on Israel to seek a cease fire. They are refusing to send certain types of bombs. Biden actually held off on aid for a minute, which he eventually conceded on which was a mistake. Biden admin is at least sympathetic to Palestine and its people.

Trump would send anything Israel wants. He wouldn’t even be seeking out a cease fire. He’d encourage Israel to do whatever is necessary to wipe Hamas out, even if it ended with Israel occupying Palestine for good.

You’re right that the end result is close to the same, but it’s not exactly the same. Biden is doing a balancing act but Trump would completely tip the scales.

Trust me, I'm really trying to hear the specifics.
She actually mentioned increasing the supply of homes in her speech. Sounds to me like they have a plan to do this. I can’t remember who exactly mentioned it earlier in the convention, maybe Walz, but they also spoke on increasing the supply of homes.

They will probably flesh out their policies now that the DNC is over. I’d expect them to roll out a policy that encourages home building. Some sort of builder incentives for people who build a home versus buying a used home.

Yes. Hard to deny that with the blockade on food, medicines, etc.

What does this have to do with what I said?
I don't have a problem with your post.

But u believe there is a genocide in progress

I guess with Trump u believe it will be a quicker genocide? I won't dispute that

What I'm saying is same end result

Uh.......yes? That's what a Political Agenda is. her throwing ideas out there is her establishing her Political Agenda.

Walk with me................

What? Read this again.

Their proposal is to build 3 Million homes while also offering a $25K credit for first time home buyers. I don't know if you understand this but the investment pays for itself. She explains it briefly here.

I just read a business insider article from today that addressed the specifics of the "how" regardless of the fact that she would need Congress to act

How is that any different from asking for specifics on her price gouging policy?

I don't have a problem with your post.

But u believe there is a genocide in progress

I guess with Trump u believe it will be a quicker genocide? I won't dispute that

What I'm saying is same end result
It’s a difference between the potential for a full genicide and the guarantee of a genocide. At least with one side there’s hope of a positive outcome which means work can be done to prevent it.

She actually mentioned increasing the supply of homes in her speech. Sounds to me like they have a plan to do this. I can’t remember who exactly mentioned it earlier in the convention, maybe Walz, but they also spoke on increasing the supply of homes.

They will probably flesh out their policies now that the DNC is over. I’d expect them to roll out a policy that encourages home building. Some sort of builder incentives for people who build a home versus buying a used home.
Okay, so now that I've gotten more details and specifics, especially reducing red tape for home construction which is plaguing some states already, it sounds like a good idea.

That's all I was asking for lol.

Okay, so now that I've gotten more details and specifics, especially reducing red tape for home construction which is plaguing some states already, it sounds like a good idea.

That's all I was asking for lol.
And it’s cool to be skeptical as we seek out more info. To that point, it is up to the candidate to make that additional info clear and available.

I’m hoping now that the DNC is over we start to get more of those specifics by way of direct communication or in interviews and debates.

As far as the DNC, they did what they set out to do. Familiarize those that aren’t politics heads and make people feel good about them and the party.

It’s a difference between the potential for a full genicide and the guarantee of a genocide. At least with one side there’s hope of a positive outcome which means work can be done to prevent it.
Structural and farmland damage in Gaza is estimated anywhere between 52-80%

I'm not saying there is no distinction between either administration, but I think u are exaggerating the difference.

The genocide is happening now under Biden/Kamala watch.

Back