Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

I don't have a problem with your post.

But u believe there is a genocide in progress

I guess with Trump u believe it will be a quicker genocide? I won't dispute that

What I'm saying is same end result

If Trump were president from Oct. 7 to now, much more people would be dead right now. From the use of more 2000 lbs bombs, and from more approvals of strikes with very large number of predicted civilian causalities. And if he's elected, there could be permanent ethnic cleansing of Gaza: genocide and ethnic cleansing is much, much worse than genocide alone, especially for a people who essentially have been fighting ethnic cleansing for generations. (And keep in mind that even if we include the people buried under the ruble, less than 100k have been killed so far. So it's not like we are talking about a much more complete genocide where almost everyone has been or will be killed anyway.) And then there's a chance that Kamala use American leverage more effectively by conditioning aid and arms sales on Israel doing certain things which Trump won't do (though I'm not sure how much such an action now will effect the war on Gaza).

I just read a business insider article from today that addressed the specifics of the "how" regardless of the fact that she would need Congress to act

How is that any different from asking for specifics on her price gouging policy?

You're asking for specifics from her in a public forum on an issue that will require congressional intervention.

So.............................you're not asking for specifics in good faith because the answer will never be satisfactory due to the inevitable congressional intervention which would negate any specifics you're looking for in a campaign speech.

Harping on specifics in this manner is akin to the media bitching about her not talking to them but then wasting the few opportunities that she gives them to ask her a question about Trump.

You get one question for Kamala tonight on the night she accepts the Democratic nomination and you waste it on asking for specifics on an Agenda that will assuredly require a Democratic controlled House and Democratic controlled Senate (both of which are still up in the air) to have any chance of actually coming to fruition. What do you expect to gain from that? Do the specifics on an agenda that will relay on other undecided factors sway your vote? If they do then you should be just as or even more focused on the House and Senate races. If they don't then what are you even doing?

If Trump were president from Oct. 7 to now, much more people would be dead right now. From the use of more 2000 lbs bombs, and from more approvals of strikes with very large number of predicted civilian causalities. And if he's elected, there could be permanent ethnic cleansing of Gaza: genocide and ethnic cleansing is much, much worse than genocide alone, especially for a people who essentially have been fighting ethnic cleansing for generations. (And keep in mind that even if we include the people buried under the ruble, less than 100k have been killed so far. So it's not like we are talking about a much more complete genocide where almost everyone has been or will be killed anyway.) And then there's a chance that Kamala use American leverage more effectively by conditioning aid and arms sales on Israel doing certain things which Trump won't do (though I'm not sure how much such an action now will effect the war on Gaza).
Eh look I'm not gonna say that Trump wouldn't handle it worse but when we start talking about 'genocide' vs 'much more complete genocide' i feel like the bar is pretty damn low and unacceptable.

What Kamala said regarding Gaza when Netanyahu came to Congress sounded good but it seems like she's gonna follow the Biden playbook. Scold publicly while keeping a very loose leash.

You're asking for specifics from her in a public forum on an issue that will require congressional intervention.

So.............................you're not asking for specifics in good faith because the answer will never be satisfactory due to the inevitable congressional intervention which would negate any specifics you're looking for in a campaign speech.

Harping on specifics in this manner is akin to the media bitching about her not talking to them but then wasting the few opportunities that she gives them to ask her a question about Trump.

You get one question for Kamala tonight on the night she accepts the Democratic nomination and you waste it on asking for specifics on an Agenda that will assuredly require a Democratic controlled House and Democratic controlled Senate (both of which are still up in the air) to have any chance of actually coming to fruition. What do you expect to gain from that? Do the specifics on an agenda that will relay on other undecided factors sway your vote? If they do then you should be just as or even more focused on the House and Senate races. If they don't then what are you even doing?
You're doing too much bro lol

She gave specifics to her housing plan im just asking for specifics on some of her other plans.

And idk who said it needed to happen during the convention but it def wasn't me. I'm open to her doing it at any time, the sooner the better.

Eh look I'm not gonna say that Trump wouldn't handle it worse but when we start talking about 'genocide' vs 'much more complete genocide' i feel like the bar is pretty damn low and unacceptable.

What Kamala said regarding Gaza when Netanyahu came to Congress sounded good but it seems like she's gonna follow the Biden playbook. Scold publicly while keeping a very loose leash.

Sounds like you think one genocide can't really be much worse than another genocide.

Let's put aside the term 'genocide.'

Is there not a big difference between killing 75,000 and killing 2.075 million people? There are still over 2 million people in Gaza.

The things I took away from the DNC the most:

Less pandering than I thought. Didn’t need Lil’ Jon there, but he made a normally boring process a bit less boring.

The Obamas are both still 2 of the top 10 speech makers we’ve seen this century.

SO many Republicans spoke out against The Mango Manchild. I mean, damn. They can’t ALL be RINOs, right?

I said four years ago that if VP Harris really wanted the Oval Throne, she’d have to prove it. Game on, it seems. Not a bad speech, but not spectacular. And she can’t play both sides with Israel/Palestine. Her base IS going to ask her to draw a line somewhere….I hope she chooses wisely.

And finally…..

Yall know I’ve been in Special Education for years. It’s written on my Master’s. It’s in my title. So, to watch these MAGAt dicks go after a Special Needs young man in Gus Waltz - Tim Waltz’s son - is just disgusting, and disturbing, but not surprising. Yall seen these humans. Yall know what they are by now. The question is now if the American people will align with THAT come Election Day.

Like I’ve been saying, not siding with CopMala is one thing. Supporting THAT Orange 🤡 and his Circus de Shitle is something else altogether.

Here go. Election season is now upon us.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Sounds like you think one genocide can't really be much worse than another genocide.

Let's put aside the term 'genocide.'

Is there not a big difference between killing 75,000 and killing 2.075 million people? There are still over 2 million people in Gaza.
Yea there is a big difference but we don't know for a fact an actual ethnic cleansing would happen under trump. We can only speculate.

The issue right now is that under the current administration the number of dead keeps climbing while the majority of the land itself is already decimated.

Back