Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

I see that a lot of y'all have no understanding of how polling works.
Let me know if yall have a better way to objectively measure her status prior to her 2020 run

As long as it’s not a random puff piece article, something using actual numbers

Nah it usually happens during the primary which would be prior to the convention. Candidates usually campaign on policies(ie a platform) during the primaries no?
I’m telling you when u can expect it what u choose to do w it is on you lol

She ll pivot to policy talk after receiving the official nomination at the convention but if you ve lived here in the past 4 years and listen to her recent speeches u have an idea of what she’s offering

Let me know if yall have a better way to objectively measure her status prior to her 2020 run

As long as it’s not a random puff piece article, something using actual numbers

A targeted poll that included candidates that didn't even garner 1% of the Primary vote is certainly not a way to objectively measure any of their status.

I'm not gonna talk down on you or call you names or shit like that.

However, I would like to know how serious you paid attention to politics back then or even now. It sounds like you're not as informed as you think that you are. The evidence is that your recollection of 2019 is way off compared to what the perception of Kamala Harris was at that time.

A targeted poll that included candidates that didn't even garner 1% of the Primary vote is certainly not a way to objectively measure any of their status.

I'm not gonna talk down on you or call you names or shit like that.

However, I would like to know how serious you paid attention to politics back then or even now. It sounds like you're not as informed as you think that you are. The evidence is that your recollection of 2019 is way off compared to what the perception of Kamala Harris was at that time.
From about 2006 forward I was locked into politics through the MSNBC lens to an embarrassing degree…

I was a big Olbermann fan before he went all the way crazy

But I’m just looking for some type of measurement that yall agree is valid. Is that not a thing?

From about 2006 forward I was locked into politics through the MSNBC lens to an embarrassing degree…

I was a big Olbermann fan before he went all the way crazy

But I’m just looking for some type of measurement that yall agree is valid. Is that not a thing?

Well that depends on what you're trying to measure. If you are trying to measure to popularity and perception of a politician (Kamala Harris) at a specific point in time, then you have to consider several factors. There won't be a single factor like a single poll, interview, action, that will be a clear indicator.

These things are measured using combinations of data and done by multiple entities.

A good example of this is people like Umar and Tariq. Online, those niggas names rings bells. They have their online movements. They get engagement online.

Offline, in the real world per say, their names do NOT ring bells. Out of 10 Black people on Twitter/Facebook/IG/etc, you might get 4 people who know of Umar and Tariq. Might get 4/10 and that's being generous as fuck. Offline in the real world, you will be very luck to get 2 out of 10 Black people who even know who they are.

How many Black people offline knew who Kamal Harris was in 2019? Out of 10 Black people, you would get NO LESS THAN 6 who would've known of Kamala Harris.

Keep in mind that not all of these Black people are seriously engaged politically. I'm just using this as an example to show how measuring the popularity or rock star quality of a politician entails a lot of factors.

Also, take this same data and switch Black people with white people both offline and online. The numbers for Umar and Tariq will drop DRASTICALLY while the numbers for Kamala will stay the same or maybe even increase.

Well that depends on what you're trying to measure. If you are trying to measure to popularity and perception of a politician (Kamala Harris) at a specific point in time, then you have to consider several factors. There won't be a single factor like a single poll, interview, action, that will be a clear indicator.

These things are measured using combinations of data and done by multiple entities.

A good example of this is people like Umar and Tariq. Online, those niggas names rings bells. They have their online movements. They get engagement online.

Offline, in the real world per say, their names do NOT ring bells. Out of 10 Black people on Twitter/Facebook/IG/etc, you might get 4 people who know of Umar and Tariq. Might get 4/10 and that's being generous as fuck. Offline in the real world, you will be very luck to get 2 out of 10 Black people who even know who they are.

How many Black people offline knew who Kamal Harris was in 2019? Out of 10 Black people, you would get NO LESS THAN 6 who would've known of Kamala Harris.

Keep in mind that not all of these Black people are seriously engaged politically. I'm just using this as an example to show how measuring the popularity or rock star quality of a politician entails a lot of factors.

Also, take this same data and switch Black people with white people both offline and online. The numbers for Umar and Tariq will drop DRASTICALLY while the numbers for Kamala will stay the same or maybe even increase.
Ok I’ll be specific

I want a measurement that shows her popularity/favorability compared directly against the rest of the Democratic field, from any year 2019 or earlier.

I need that to re-evaluate bruh’s claim that she was considered a rock star at the time

I’m telling you when u can expect it what u choose to do w it is on you lol

She ll pivot to policy talk after receiving the official nomination at the convention but if you ve lived here in the past 4 years and listen to her recent speeches u have an idea of what she’s offering

This isn't a normal Primary

Lmaoo so by “usually” you meant for the first time ever in history…gotcha

Back