Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Nah, I don't know any of them niggas but I just think your phrasing of certain things can be disingenuous at times. That's all
Please point out where you thought I went wrong

I was pretty much just saying I think the expectations Out side of here were that y’all were pushing for the playoffs

2 of y’all said it’s a transitional year so I’m just saying based on that development choosing Lonzo would be the best choice

I’m sorry if my phrasing triggered you because you brought up Miami and the finals and now I’m on the defensive it seems. Im just saying I think nationally ppl expected more out of y’all

Kira Lewis fast af

ill check some Pelicans games to see what’s up with Bledsoe. He got outplayed by Rozier in a playoff series so I’m not expecting much. I figured at least Kira should be able to get into the paint at will

I swear we be watching two different games LMAO

He played in 9 games bruh.

He couldn’t shoot the 3 ball in college and was a guard that drive to the hoop.

He don’t play so we don’t know if he can shoot the ball better now.

We watching the same games. The games where he lucky if he sees the court

Got lucky and played a good amount and went 1-6 from the field and didn’t attempt a 3

Played against Houston due to a blowout and didn’t see the court the game before that

Please point out where you thought I went wrong

I was pretty much just saying I think the expectations Out side of here were that y’all were pushing for the playoffs

2 of y’all said it’s a transitional year so I’m just saying based on that development choosing Lonzo would be the best choice

I’m sorry if my phrasing triggered you because you brought up Miami and the finals and now I’m on the defensive it seems. Im just saying I think nationally ppl expected more out of y’all
Understood

The way I've viewed this season from jump was yes this was a development year. It certain things broke their way, they could perhaps get into the play in scenario. I think a lot of things had to go right in order for that to be a possibility.

I also didn't look at the bledsoe/Adams signings in vacuums either. You can't have a roster this young and no veteran presence. Even as talented as they might be on paper, a team that young isn't going to beat a more veteran savvy team in a 7 game series in any round of the playoffs.

What neither I or anyone not named Dwayne saw coming the severe regression of Lonzo. I'm not blaming all of their misfortunes on him at all because that's not fair but no one also saw JJ struggling this bad either. Zion has done everything possible on the offensive end. Defensively, he's a turnstyle right now.

Bledsoe has been a mixed bag. I'm willing to go on a limb and say he's had just as many bad games as he's had his ones. But you needed a veteran (or 2) to help bring the younger guards along. For some reason, it just hasn't translated to wins. Jrue played a huge role in this regard but, Jrue as a player isn't AD where he is going to get you a win here and there just off his talent alone.

I'm not sure what to call my feelings regarding other people's expectations but if you're a fan of this team, you can't be down for rebuilding/developing in one breath then get pissy when they act like a young ass team who is, you guessed it, developing. A lot of teams have been fortunate to avoid having a complete rebuild but not every team has that fortune. Things will get even uglier before it gets better.

He played in 9 games bruh.

He couldn’t shoot the 3 ball in college and was a guard that drive to the hoop.

He don’t play so we don’t know if he can shoot the ball better now.

We watching the same games. The games where he lucky if he sees the court

Got lucky and played a good amount and went 1-6 from the field and didn’t attempt a 3

Played against Houston due to a blowout and didn’t see the court the game before that
So you give lonzo all the rope in the world when comparing him to bledsoe because he's younger than bledsoe only for you to not apply this to a 19 yr old rookie?

Do I have this right?

Understood

The way I've viewed this season from jump was yes this was a development year. It certain things broke their way, they could perhaps get into the play in scenario. I think a lot of things had to go right in order for that to be a possibility.

I also didn't look at the bledsoe/Adams signings in vacuums either. You can't have a roster this young and no veteran presence. Even as talented as they might be on paper, a team that young isn't going to beat a more veteran savvy team in a 7 game series in any round of the playoffs.

What neither I or anyone not named Dwayne saw coming the severe regression of Lonzo. I'm not blaming all of their misfortunes on him at all because that's not fair but no one also saw JJ struggling this bad either. Zion has done everything possible on the offensive end. Defensively, he's a turnstyle right now.

Bledsoe has been a mixed bag. I'm willing to go on a limb and say he's had just as many bad games as he's had his ones. But you needed a veteran (or 2) to help bring the younger guards along. For some reason, it just hasn't translated to wins. Jrue played a huge role in this regard but, Jrue as a player isn't AD where he is going to get you a win here and there just off his talent alone.

I'm not sure what to call my feelings regarding other people's expectations but if you're a fan of this team, you can't be down for rebuilding/developing in one breath then get pissy when they act like a young ass team who is, you guessed it, developing. A lot of teams have been fortunate to avoid having a complete rebuild but not every team has that fortune. Things will get even uglier before it gets better.
My frustrations stemmed from the supposed vets on this team playing like youngings but I'm passed that now. Im a new Silverfoxx and can't nothing steal my joy from this season. The Pelicans will figure it out and in the mean time I'll watch other teams for future purposes.

Back