Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiiiieeet. Underrated Ronny. It's a joke. People quick to forget

People get duped by stats and don't apply context.

Your analogy is poor. It just is.

I did not state Pogba was best midfielder ever.

I stated a requirement for a midfielder, passing.

I did not state Pogba was the best at the requirement, again passing.

I said he can perform the requirement, under any circumstance or degree of difficulty, better (because he's shown it consistently and over a prolonged period of time) than any one else.

If your choice of player can't even pass equally well with both foot, then wrong choice, 'cause that's just a level 1 for Pogba.

I know I should fall back but even if you can't see the fallacy in your ' he ain't the goat passer but he is the goat variation passer' plight, the first double footed player that comes to mind is Sneijder lol.

So since Pogs never reached that same lvl of variation that Sneijder had in 09/10 when he won the treble with Inter and allmost the world Cup with Holland, would you admit Pogs ain't the goat passer when it comes to variation?

Bruhhh. Are you serious? Loool

You just correlated an individual's capabilities with his team's accomplishments.

By your logic....Yannick bolasie isn't a more flamboyant/technical dribbler than theo walcott, because walcott won trophies at arsenal.

You're using one season of a retired player as your example. I'm talking about a 27yr's entire professional career as an example.

You're using a 'No 10' (shorter distance of passing), I'm using a player who's displayed it playing in all midfield positions (more variations in distance of passing).

What even makes your point, baffling is...Your point is devoid of context, and context is key in all aspect of life not just sport.

Inter did not play expansive flamboyant style for Sneidjer to even come close to Pogba's level of variation, you have to be flamboyant player or be in a flamboyant team. Doing outside of the foot curl to a 30 yard target is flamboyant. Flamboyance, highlights a degree of difficulty.

Inter winning against Barcelona had more to do with Sneidjer showing sacrifice and teamwork than his passing capabilites. I believe he should have won the Balon d'or that season based being the best player on the best team, that year and being the best player on a WC Finalist team...but UEFAlona couldn't have that

Last edited:
Bruhhh. Are you serious? Loool

You just correlated an individual's capabilities with his team's accomplishments.

By your logic....Yannick bolasie isn't a more flamboyant/technical dribbler than theo walcott, because walcott won trophies at arsenal.

You're using one season of a retired player as your example. I'm talking about a 27yr's entire professional career as an example.

You're using a 'No 10' (shorter distance of passing), I'm using a player who's displayed it playing in all midfield positions (more variations in distance of passing).

What even makes your point, baffling is...Your point is devoid of context, and context is key in all aspect of life not just sport.

Inter did not play expansive flamboyant style for Sneidjer to even come close to Pogba's level of variation, you have to be flamboyant player or be in a flamboyant team. Doing outside of the foot curl to a 30 yard target is flamboyant. Flamboyance, highlights a degree of difficulty.

Inter winning against Barcelona had more to do with Sneidjer showing sacrifice and teamwork than his passing capabilites. I believe he should have won the Balon d'or that season based being the best player on the best team, that year and being the best player on a WC Finalist team...but UEFAlona couldn't have that

Lol are you serious?

That 'flamboyant' outside the foot pass was his damn trademark lol, his entire game at Inter was long ridiculous passes to Eto o and at the national team to Robben lol.

Sneijder ain't even that special, those flamboyant passes happen all the damn time.

But you got it, Pogs variation of passes is greater than Dinho,, Iniesta, Seedorf etc.

Reality is that Pogs can't even hold a candle to Aimar or Mendieta.

Carry on fam.

Don’t know what he talking about, sneijder was doing it all on my Inter Team. Especially his “passing range”. Man U fans from London is hilarious. But I appreciate the honesty

Can’t wait for season to begin so Pogba can win Man U the treble with his “passings variables”.

@Hundredeyes When u said this dude is @DNB1 on steriods, u were not joking, lol.

Funny thing is @RetroLDN , i agree with your overall point. Pogba is a very talented player who unfortunately went to a joke club that refused to hire the right managers, refused to put the right players and refused to use adequate formations around him.

Unfortunately, u enjoy going to extremes to make those points.

Lol are you serious?

That 'flamboyant' outside the foot pass was his damn trademark lol, his entire game at Inter was long ridiculous passes to Eto o and at the national team to Robben lol.

Sneijder ain't even that special, those flamboyant passes happen all the damn time.

But you got it, Pogs variation of passes is greater than Dinho,, Iniesta, Seedorf etc.

Reality is that Pogs can't even hold a candle to Aimar or Mendieta.

Carry on fam.

Again i repeat... By your logic Yannick bolasie isn't a more flamboyant/technical dribbler than theo walcott, because walcott won trophies at arsenal.

The fact that i said that, and you didn't refute it proves it was in line with your logic. Don't try to refute now, unless you want to show that you were being selective with your arguments. I not touching on Aimer Mendieta, when they start pinging 40 yards passes from deep, they can talk to Pogba. If you want to say Pogba can't do it like them in advance positions, fine but i've pogba plenty in those positions. Why's plenty from deep from Aimar.

I've given descriptive and expansive detail into Pogba's (Mr-Do-It-All) passing capabilities, pings passes like pirlo (No. 6 role). Plays passes like his scholes (No. 8 role), plays passes like his Zico (No. 10 role), there's reason why he's been played in all midfield positions and still expected to create chances at a higher level than players in those positions. Look up Pirlo's assist/chance creation compared to pogba's in No. 6.

However you keep showing me Mr-Can-Do-Some or Mr-Specific.

Notice during this entire conversation KdB was not brought once as a strong challenger, only legends, even though he's a better chance creator.
It's 'cause everyone can clearly see, Pogba has more pass tools in his locker than KdB, however for example, KdB is still a better crosser (i just specified) than Pogba.

@Hundredeyes When u said this dude is @DNB1 on steriods, u were not joking, lol.

Funny thing is @RetroLDN , i agree with your overall point. Pogba is a very talented player who unfortunately went to a joke club that refused to hire the right managers, refused to put the right players and refused to use adequate formations around him.

Unfortunately, u enjoy going to extremes to make those points.

Smh. Yeah. You right. :uknowimright:

Ayo @Hundredeyes forget about the last post.

How's your day going?

Funniest day in this thread for time.

Sidenote I love Mourinho and I hate that guy at the same time. Taking shots at Man Utd in the Amazon doc talking about Spurs have better players around Kane than he had at Utd. We got some trash in our ranks but we'll never be Spurs. Straight disrespect kmt

Wait wait, while we are here, What are your "thoughts"about Ole? I think u picked up a fan or 2 with your Pogba takes, time to lose them with your Ole takes.

To put it this way...when Ole was first manager Nagelsmann was 21. Ole couldn't even get into the building, talk less of sitting at his table for tactical discourse. Nagelsmann showed Klopp, Firmino was versatile, by playing all about at Hoffeheim. Top teams are signing Nagelsmann coached players (Leipzig/Hoffenheim.
This is the manager of "the biggest club in the world". Plays the oldest/simplest style ever against top teams (sit deep and counter), still the fans back him. Which other "biggest club in world" would that be tolerated, 18 months into his reign still get outsmarted by a Southampton manager.

Ole got Cardiff relegated (biggest transfer budget of any promoted side that year), kept the job, stunk in the championship: BYE.
Won at Molde: HIP HIP HOORAY

Look at the list of all the managers, this upcoming season, which could you (confidently) say is more tactically inept than Ole.

Certainly none that stayed up, how about Bielsa (i know i shouldn't bring him up, manager of United's 2nd biggest rivals. Peak).
Slavan Bilic (Err no..just dominated with brilliant attacking football in the c'ship)
Scott Parker (no.. showed a wrinkle in his game by changing tactics to defeat the best tactically set-up side in brentford in the final as underdogs)

Here's a question if Ole gets sacked tomorrow, which Prem club will give a job with his glowing and reliable CV. OK, how about c'ship (but remember he failed when he was last managing there too.)

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
Again i repeat... By your logic Yannick bolasie isn't a more flamboyant/technical dribbler than theo walcott, because walcott won trophies at arsenal.

The fact that i said that, and you didn't refute it proves it was in line with your logic. Don't try to refute now, unless you want to show that you were being selective with your arguments. I not touching on Aimer Mendieta, when they start pinging 40 yards passes from deep, they can talk to Pogba. If you want to say Pogba can't do it like them in advance positions, fine but i've pogba plenty in those positions. Why's plenty from deep from Aimar.

I've given descriptive and expansive detail into Pogba's (Mr-Do-It-All) passing capabilities, pings passes like pirlo (No. 6 role). Plays passes like his scholes (No. 8 role), plays passes like his Zico (No. 10 role), there's reason why he's been played in all midfield positions and still expected to create chances at a higher level than players in those positions. Look up Pirlo's assist/chance creation compared to pogba's in No. 6.

However you keep showing me Mr-Can-Do-Some or Mr-Specific.

Notice during this entire conversation KdB was not brought once as a strong challenger, only legends, even though he's a better chance creator.
It's 'cause everyone can clearly see, Pogba has more pass tools in his locker than KdB, however for example, KdB is still a better crosser (i just specified) than Pogba.

Nah my point was that Pogba so far hasn't reached that same lvl that Sneijder had back in 09/10, not because he won trophies but because he operated at the highest lvl - since we are measuring players operating at the highest lvl - cause by your logic Pogs is the goat variation passer on the highest lvl etc...

You babbled about Sneijder not being 'flamboyant' or didnt play in teams that require such type of play when the reality is that Sneijder was throwing around ridiculous passes from all over the pitch at total footy Ajax, Van Basten's 'fuck a defense' Dutch national team - remember them games vs Italy n France? - Real (back then) fuck a gameplan Madrid, Jose's legendary 100 different tactics custom made Inter etc...

But again this entire 'variation passing' argument is silly. Pogs played at a incredible Juve team and would have been Atleast top 10 in the world right now if he had went to a better organised club... Now he ain't even top 10 in the Prem.

To put it this way...when Ole was first manager Nagelsmann was 21. Ole couldn't even get into the building, talk less of sitting at his table for tactical discourse. Nagelsmann showed Klopp, Firmino was versatile, by playing all about at Hoffeheim. Top teams are signing Nagelsmann coached players (Leipzig/Hoffenheim.
This is the manager of "the biggest club in the world". Plays the oldest/simplest style ever against top teams (sit deep and counter), still the fans back him. Which other "biggest club in world" would that be tolerated, 18 months into his reign still get outsmarted by a Southampton manager.

Ole got Cardiff relegated (biggest transfer budget of any promoted side that year), kept the job, stunk in the championship: BYE.
Won at Molde: HIP HIP HOORAY

Look at the list of all the managers, this upcoming season, which could you (confidently) say is more tactically inept than Ole.

Certainly on that stayed up, how about Bielsa (i know don't to bring him up, manager of United's 2nd biggest rivals. Peak).
Slavan Bilic (Err no..just dominated with brilliant attacking football in the c'ship)
Scott Parker (no.. showed a wrinkle in his game by changing tactics to defeat the best tactically set-up side in brentford in the final as underdogs)

Here's a question if Ole gets sacked tomorrow, which Prem club will give a job with his glowing and reliable CV. OK, how about c'ship (but remember he failed when he was last managing there too.)
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back