Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like with most things in life, the answer is somewhere in the middle. World Cup Pogba would get run out of Man Utd especially at the wages he is asking for. But blending some of that tactical discipline to his crazy natural talent would make him one of the best players in the world.

I believe that was what Mourinho was trying to do, but Pogba was not willing to cooperate.
You were doing so well up until that last sentence lol

Ok, i went away for a lil bit. I come back to jokes.

Let me break it down.

*Class is in session*

:sayword:

Pogba was the WC's MVP. You can only make a case for Mbappe.

Now cah some of you don't understand, first any one who wasn't on the winner team can't be the MVP.

Why because if they were playing or not playing the team would lost eventually. That doesn't mean they weren't impacful but clear it wasn't the most impactful because there were impactful plays on the winning team

I hope every one in the back got that... there's more

Yeah it's coz the reason Pogba is supposed to be a top player is coz he can pass, he has physicality and can dribble.

What's the point of havin' someone like that if they can't use those skills in tandem with good positionin'?

Either you give Pogba a free role and tell him do whatever or you bench him imo. He wasn't even that good in the WC until the final.
I get that people's expectations of him were sky high, mine were too, but I would take consistent solid performances over occasional excellent ones. I always said he should be rivalling KDB every year for assists and POTY awards but if he can't stand out on an individual level like that, then his performances should facilitate the team doing well.

I get that people's expectations of him were sky high, mine were too, but I would take consistent solid performances over occasional excellent ones. I always said he should be rivalling KDB every year for assists and POTY awards but if he can't stand out on an individual level like that, then his performances should facilitate the team doing well.

Noooooo no no noooo its not because of expectations. Stop stop stop. It's because he wasn't that good. Compared to other players, not compared to what people thought he would he.

Again for me the KDB comparisons are crazy. I get thinkin' Pogba would be that player in 2016 but its 2020 now. Its not happenin', it won't happen. KDB is the best midfielder in the world and Pogba will never reach anywhere near that level.

Pogba's role in the team was irreplaceable, there was no one else on that team could even come close to displaying the degree of the difficulty of his passes, that were required to create the bulk of the team's chances.. Exhibit A

The only game france played poorly or average (if you want) was against Denmark. Pogba didn't play and Mbappe came as a sub in that game, also the only game France didn't score a goal.

Kante played though, same Kante who played poorly in the final but gets glossed over. Same Kante, was taken a few off times for N'zonzi, a good defensive midfielder. Also matuidi can play the same role as kante (albeit not to his level) but his good at it. Clearly Deschamps understands Kante's role can filled by a competent replacement.

Do I really need to carry on about the Pogba's influence on the French WC team.

@RetroLDN this was a ten minute cameo from Scholes. Notice all the passes lead to clear cut goal scorin' opportunities, notice the way he makes space for himself before the pass and notice the tekkers on the strike. This was a guy who's just spent 6 months in retirement

Pogba the best passer in history fam what on earth are you on

Apart from the haters everyone acknowledged that Pogba was great at the WC...

Even Jose

"I hope that he understands why he was very good," Mourinho said.

"I think that's the point about his performance level and his contribution to a winning team – for him to understand why he was so good, especially in the second part of the competition.

"In the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final he was absolutely brilliant."

Mourinho added: "To win the World Cup can only be a positive thing. It’s difficult to say that to win the World Cup is not good for a player's career. So many good players never have the change to be a world champion.

You gotta either except certain man have no clue about football or accept that they just hating...

Even Jose

"I think that's the point about his performance level and his contribution to a winning team – for him to understand why he was so good, especially in the second part of the competition.

Mourinho added: "To win the World Cup can only be a positive thing. It’s difficult to say that to win the World Cup is not good for a player's career. So many good players never have the change to be a world champion.

You gotta either except certain man have no clue about football or accept that they just hating...

Cool, what have Pogba done for Man U since Jose lead the club to 2 trophies (he didn’t play in 2 of those finals)?

Lol mofos saying Pogba was the MVP in the world Cup final as if Mbappe wasn't ballin and Croatia wasn't the far better team in that first half which got decided by a Griezmann dive and a highly questionable handball desicion by the ref.

I actually like Pogba, fam was a beast at Juve - but not the greatest player on that Conte squad - and I had high hopes for him at United but some of yall man U boys are bigging him up in a way fam himself doesn't even believe lol.

Even Jose

So when Jose says something you agree with its gospel?

Jose also said Pogba is a virus who shouldn't be at Old Trafford

@RetroLDN this was a ten minute cameo from Scholes. Notice all the passes lead to clear cut goal scorin' opportunities, notice the way he makes space for himself before the pass and notice the tekkers on the strike. This was a guy who's just spent 6 months in retirement

Pogba the best passer in history fam what on earth are you on

Reading comprehension is at an all time low nowadays.

I said variations: meaning a diverse, a wide range.. I've seen Pogba tussling with a man, control it with his chest, then his knee, look up to see rashford sprinting, hit on the half-volley, outside of the foot 30-40 yards. There's levels to it, hence variations

I actually think Scholes is the best passer and the best midfield shooter over the last 30 years.

I never once said Pogba is the best passer, to be that he would need to be in a system, role and with teammates that would allow him to consistently showcase it.

Reading comprehension is at an all time low nowadays.

I said variations: meaning a diverse, a wide range.. I've seen Pogba tussling with a man, control it with his chest, then his knee, look up to see rashford sprinting, hit on the half-volley, outside of the foot 30-40 yards. There's levels to it, hence variations

I actually think Scholes is the best passer and the best midfield shooter over the last 30 years.

I never once said Pogba is the best passer, to be that he would need to be in a system, role and with teammates that would allow him to consistently showcase it.

Bro you're gassed about a half volley pass. In that very video Scholes does the same thing. Nuff ballers can do that I don't understand why you think it's some Pogba trademark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back