Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brighton sacked Chris Hughton... I thought he was gone when they had that terrible run (and terrible football on the eye)... But since Brighton survived the drop and looked good against Arsenal and the first half against City I thought he might stay...

At the end of the day the board and fans want entertaining/attacking football and Chris's philosophy is defend first and keep a clean sheet, I guess they fact he was a defender in his day reflects his style management... I really wanted him to stay and just adapt his style slightly to make it more attacking, he showed its possible the last couple games where it looked like he gave the players more freedom to play...

But has done wonders for the club and even though they arnt my main team Im kinda gutted to see him go...

All that fancy football yall can play in the championship, he did his job and yall kicked him to the dirt. To me, he deserved another season but that just the Spurs fan in me, talking.

So Brighton sacked Chris Hughton... I thought he was gone when they had that terrible run of I think it was 3 wins in 23 games (and terrible football on the eye)... But since Brighton survived the drop and looked good against Arsenal and the first half against City I thought he might stay...

At the end of the day the board and fans want entertaining/attacking football and Chris's philosophy is defend first and keep a clean sheet, I guess they fact he was a defender in his day reflects his style management... I really wanted him to stay and just adapt his style slightly to make it more attacking, he showed its possible the last couple games where it looked like he gave the players more freedom to play...

But has done wonders for the club and even though they arnt my main team Im kinda gutted to see him go...

Disgusting how they done him...didn't deserve that after keeping them up...maybe give him the players for more attacking football cause if tried it with this lot y'all would have been down.

Disgusting how they done him...didn't deserve that after keeping them up...maybe give him the players for more attacking football cause if tried it with this lot y'all would have been down.

Yeah this is it, look at what happens when newly promoted clubs try to trade punches when they first get promoted, they end up like Fulham and Huddersfield...

With that being said the football has been dreadful to watch and there have been alot of boo's at half and full time, look at what pundits and commentators have been saying during the games, basically calling the team anti football... I remember McManaman slaughtering them against Newcastle on TV, but them only winning 3 games in 23 and not scoring for nearly 10 games straight would have got alot of managers sacked but Chris has built ALOT of goodwill for incredible things he has done for the club, which is why this came as shock... Another thing that hasnt helped is the club spent and gambled alot of money on untested players that havnt worked out too, which he prolly gets the blame for...

But still, the next manger has some HUGE boots to fill and if someone comes in tries to play like Wolves and they get relegated, the old saying of 'the grass is not always greener' will ring true... Also Chrisy has previous experience of getting clubs promoted from the Championship too, which alot managers cant do...

Juventus kit for next season looks wack

D6YdhcqUwAAYlz-.jpg

Lol bro if he stays we're gonna get the Pogba of the past three years, probably a worse version coz he'd be on stupid money. I really don't understand how any fan can want him to stay. Seriously I don't get it.

And this 'best player' stuff I imagine he can do the most kick ups but has he had the most impact on the team in the three years he's been here???

Ibra was our best player Pogba’s first season, Matic and Lukaku were best his second and no one this, with De Gea bein' the only constant.

Pogba is trash at United (yes I'm usin' that word) because he doesn't respect the club or have the mentality to be a good player.

He'll be the same at Madrid, just they'll have Hazard (who is an actual world class player) and others

Out of curiosity, who would you sign to replace Pogba...realistic targets?

To be fair living in Connecticut (home of ESPN and NBCSN) I haven't seen folks rocking that many Serie A jerseys. Seen a few folks with Roma shirts on, but mostly see people with AC Milan tops but I think that's mainly due to them having fly Emirates as a sponsor.

To be fair living in Connecticut (home of ESPN and NBCSN) I haven't seen folks rocking that many Serie A jerseys. Seen a few folks with Roma shirts on, but mostly see people with AC Milan tops but I think that's mainly due to them having fly Emirates as a sponsor.

You see a lotta people wearin' football shit there?

You see a lotta people wearin' football shit there?

Hell yeah. There's alot of immigrants out here and it's the most popular youth sports out here.

I think it's peak was after the 2014 WC so from 2014-16 hood dudes was wearing anything fly Emirates to the club, they couldn't tell you what team it was but it looked fly.

Streets is saying the deal is done for Hazard and will be announced by RM after the Europa Cup final...€100m

Streets also saying €150m has been offered for Pogba but there’s issues with his wage demands as he wants €15m a year which doesn’t fit in with RM wage structure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back