Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? You realize that they’d have to set up the schedule so that east/west teams play each other more than twice a year right? They wouldn’t keep the same format, which then means less so called divisional games and as long as you’re a division winner under this current format you’re guaranteed a playoff spot. Too much logistics to work to make this happen. Soccer already established their rules, and they have a rule also where teams get kicked out of the league if they suck, maybe the NBA can do that too.
NOTHING would change that drastic

you STILL have your divisions...you just dont have East/West conf.

thats gonna happen regardless then brah

When it’s all eastern or western conference teams playing each other in the playoffs the times of the games are for the fan bases of the teams in that area. If they have inter-conference playoff games then it causes viewing issues. That isn’t like how it is now. Lol.

The NBA is a business and they are trying to get as many viewers as they can, especially during the playoffs. The only way they can do that and not run the players down if it’s the best 16 is by extending the playoffs or cutting the regular season some from what I’m seeing.

When it’s all eastern or western conference teams playing each other the times of the her games for the fan bases of the teams. If they have inter-conference playoff games then it causes viewing issues. It isn’t like how it isn’t now. Lol.

The NBA is a business and they are trying to get as many viewers as they can, especially during the playoffs. The only way they can do that and not run the players down if it’s the best 16 is by extending the playoffs or cutting the regular season some from what I’m seeing.
man its the playoffs

cats stay up on a tuesday in the middle of the year for some of the games

i cant imagine this changes with a interconference format

they are even doing more streaming platforms, so you can watch it on ya phone/tablet if you wanna lay in bed

man its the playoffs

cats stay up on a tuesday in the middle of the year for some of the games

i cant imagine this changes with a interconference format

they are even doing more streaming platforms, so you can watch it on ya phone/tablet if you wanna lay in bed

Lmao. Eastern conference playoff teams games aren’t starting at 1030 PM eastern time. That’s the point I’ve been saying over and over again that you seem to not grasp. You can’t show on television or sell tickets to games at that time. You kill a whole fan base doing so

Lmao. Eastern conference playoff teams games aren’t starting at 1030 PM eastern time. That’s the point I’ve been saying over and over again that you seem to not grasp. You can’t show on television or sell tickets to games at that time. You kill a whole fan base doing so
i dont see your point when the Western Conference games starting around that time too

How about the west coast fans? Games starting at 4:30-5:00 while they’re still at work. It’s a reason why the Finals start at 9 est. but you obviously can’t start every playoff game around the same time

Not to mention If Miami played Portland in the 1st round of the playoffs that’s serious travel time back and forth between both teams.

Unless they extend the season that’s big time wear and tear on the players. I know most would think it isn’t that big of a deal with them traveling private and all but it does take a toll on the players and staff.

How about the west coast fans? Games starting at 4:30-5:00 while they’re still at work. It’s a reason why the Finals start at 9 est. but you obviously can’t start every playoff game around the same time

Exactly. See you get what I’ve been saying. Lmao.

The finals you can do that because it’s only 2 teams left but the early rounds every playoff team is getting shine.

nah they start around 8:30 AP....which is 10:30 for us

had to think about it cuz I was gonna say the same

Im used to only seeing the Warriors after like 10:30-11

Exactly. See you get what I’ve been saying. Lmao.

The finals you can do that because it’s only 2 teams left but the early rounds every playoff team is getting shine.
so niggas dont leave work early to go to professional sporting events

got it

nah they start around 8:30 AP....which is 10:30 for us

had to think about it cuz I was gonna say the same

Im used to only seeing the Warriors after like 10:30-11
im talking EST

i know PST

but ya'll got it...lol

ya'll trying to find every reason under the sun as to why it wouldnt work when it seems ya'll have issues with the current system as it exists today

cant have it both ways

Lmao.

It’s 730 or 830 PM those teams time in the West coast outside of Memphis
wasnt your entire point what times the games start on the east coast? why does it matter what time they start on the west coast if the start times are the same for your coast?

im talking EST

i know PST

but ya'll got it...lol

ya'll trying to find every reason under the sun as to why it wouldnt work when it seems ya'll have issues with the current system as it exists today

cant have it both ways

Nobody is trying to find reasons. Me personally I would like to see the best 16 but these are legit reason because the league is about making money and they could potentially lose a lot without careful planning

Get rid of conferences all together everyone play a team equally through the year or treat it like the NFL schedule. They schedule you against teams that had the same record or standing. So tanking teams will play more against other teams that tanked the next year. Winning teams will play more games against winning teams. In a way it takes care of the tanking problem because two bad teams play each other. Somebody has to win.

In the playoffs, they would have to space out the games and go to a 2-3-2 format giving the higher seed the last two games.

yeah i dont even know what ya'll were talking about bro

just responded to you saying the western games started at 10:30

Get rid of conferences all together everyone play a team equally through the year or treat it like the NFL schedule. They schedule you against teams that had the same record or standing. So tanking teams will play more against other teams that tanked the next year. Winning teams will play more games against winning teams. In a way it takes care of the tanking problem because two bad teams play each other. Somebody has to win.

In the playoffs, they would have to space out the games and go to a 2-3-2 format giving the higher seed the last two games.

i even like this suggestion

@5th Letter...where you at ol "remember the times" ass

wasnt your entire point what times the games start on the east coast? why does it matter what time they start on the west coast if the start times are the same for your coast?

It’s what time the start in general was my point but I did throw in the fact that it’s a lot of viewers on the east coast which muddled the waters so I apologize.

But it’s easy to see that when you mix the conference playoff match ups it causes issues with the times of the games. That’s the main issue along with travel for the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back