Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please...Miami can't have an all-star game because of the boat show, LA has the oscars I think, San Antonio has the rodeo, etc

There's some things you cant get around and interconference matchups make things extremely rigid as far as scheduling...

Shit I remember miami had a problem during the playoffs because of a Rihanna or marc Anthony concert
I hope they don’t change it but considering how Silver is strongly thinking about it I’m sure he has contingency plans in place to get around certain issues. But this all might be moot anyway.

They’re the conference “champions” based on record? Yeah I hope Silver leaves things the way they are.

brah, that conference champ shit is overrated anyway...imo

but whats the point of a conf champ in your opinion

Do you think in a 7 game series, the 4-8 teams in the West could beat the 4-8 teams in the East?

I hope they don’t change it but considering how Silver is strongly thinking about it I’m sure he has contingency plans in place to get around certain issues. But this all might be moot anyway.
Silver just saying that he ain't gonna do shit with his lima bean headed ass

Do you think in a 7 game series, the 4-8 teams in the West could beat the 4-8 teams in the East?
If the NBA Finals is say GS vs Houston two teams from the same conference then what’s the point of having conferences? Just do away with divisions and conferences and just let everybody play everybody, shit this years all star format wasn’t east vs west.

As for your question conference champion is earned once you beat teams in your conference en route to the Finals. The team that wins the conference isn’t even always the team with the best record.

4 vs 4
San Antonio and Philly can go either way

5 vs 5
I’d give the edge to OKC over Indy

6 vs 6
Washington and Utah can go either way

7 vs 7
I’d edge Minnesota over Miami

8 vs 8
Milwaukee and NO can go either way

So Cavs fans can brag about conference championships. At least, that's all @Jaemooms can cling to lol

If the NBA Finals is say GS vs Houston two teams from the same conference then what’s the point of having conferences? Just do away with divisions and conferences and just let everybody play everybody, shit this years all star format wasn’t east vs west.

As for your question conference champion is earned once you beat teams in your conference en route to the Finals. The team that wins the conference isn’t even always the team with the best record.

4 vs 4
San Antonio and Philly can go either way

5 vs 5
I’d give the edge to OKC over Indy

6 vs 6
Washington and Utah can go either way

7 vs 7
I’d edge Minnesota over Miami

8 vs 8
Milwaukee and NO can go either way

i didnt ask you to coin flip lol

but, see, your response, you are a traditionalist

you dont wanna see Hou and GS play if they are literally the two best teams in the league, you wanna see whoever come out the east lose to Hou or GS. What do you think makes a better series?

i didnt ask you to coin flip lol

but, see, your response, you are a traditionalist

you dont wanna see Hou and GS play if they are literally the two best teams in the league, you wanna see whoever come out the east lose to Hou or GS. What do you think makes a better series?
Yeah it’s such a given that they’ll lose to one of those teams. Right. Some things should never change. Imagine if we get an all NFC/AFC Super Bowl. Or an all AL/NL World Series? What sense does that make?

Yeah it’s such a given that they’ll lose to one of those teams. Right. Some things should never change. Imagine if we get an all NFC/AFC Super Bowl. Or an all AL/NL World Series? What sense does that make?
you not making an argument to support why it should stay the same outside of tradition lol

ol "well thats the way pawpaw and em did it" ass lol

jokes aside, there will still be some sort of division set up obviously due to travel and stuff

but im not familiar with soccer, but i know they do leagues...do they do actual conferences?

Please...Miami can't have an all-star game because of the boat show, LA has the oscars I think, San Antonio has the rodeo, etc

There's some things you cant get around and interconference matchups make things extremely rigid as far as scheduling...

Shit I remember miami had a problem during the playoffs because of a Rihanna or marc Anthony concert

Exactly.

Not to mention the television viewing being screwed up If a team on the Far East Coast has to play a team like Portland or Golden State in early rounds. It has the potential to kill ratings unless they make the playoffs longer so there is more rest in between games.

Like somebody stated already they would most likely have to change the regular season schedule, ie shorten it (which most owners aren’t going to want to do) so the season isn’t super long and to be fair they would have to have all teams play each other an equal amount during the regular season.

It’s a decent amount of things that would need to be changed to have the best 16 teams play in the playoffs. I would love to see it though.

Exactly.

Not to mention the television viewing being screwed up If a team on the Far East Coast has to play a team like Portland or Golden State in early rounds. It has the potential to kill ratings unless they make the playoffs longer so there is more rest in between games.

Like somebody stated already they would most likely have to change the regular season schedule, ie shorten it (which most owners aren’t going to want to do) so the season isn’t super long and to be fair they would have to have all teams play each other an equal amount during the regular season.

It’s a decent amount of things that would need to be changed to have the best 16 teams play in the playoffs. I would love to see it though.
its not gon kill ratings lol

you not making an argument to support why it should stay the same outside of tradition lol

ol "well thats the way pawpaw and em did it" ass lol
I did make a sound argument you just don’t agree with it and that’s fine.

jokes aside, there will still be some sort of division set up obviously due to travel and stuff

but im not familiar with soccer, but i know they do leagues...do they do actual conferences?
What division would be created? The logistics of this would be too much.

its not gon kill ratings lol

If they were to change the format without making the season longer it could.

People complain about the 1030 PM games now. Just imagine a 1st round matchup of Golden State vs the Bucks or Heat. How many fans of Miami or Milwaukee will stay up late during the weekday to watch that 1st round match up? I don’t think many will that live in the eastern time zone areas and that is where most of the viewers are.

If they were to change the format without making the season longer it could.

People complain about the 1030 PM games now. Just imagine a 1st round matchup of Golden State vs the Bucks or Heat. How many fans of Miami or Milwaukee will stay up late during the weekday to watch that 1st round match up? I don’t think many will that live in the eastern time zone areas and that is where most of the viewers are.
thats gonna happen regardless then brah

But why have them if the league is set up to have the best 16 teams in a playoffs as opposed to being separated by conference?
seeding, tie breakers, etc...

i mean, if your point is to play for some trophy outside of the NBA title

but again, it doesnt appear that soccer has this issue and they are the worlds most popular sport

seeding, tie breakers, etc...

i mean, if your point is to play for some trophy outside of the NBA title

but again, it doesnt appear that soccer has this issue and they are the worlds most popular sport
Huh? You realize that they’d have to set up the schedule so that east/west teams play each other more than twice a year right? They wouldn’t keep the same format, which then means less so called divisional games and as long as you’re a division winner under this current format you’re guaranteed a playoff spot. Too much logistics to work to make this happen. Soccer already established their rules, and they have a rule also where teams get kicked out of the league if they suck, maybe the NBA can do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back