Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it I'd do a sign and trade

Nerlens and broken down golden eagle wes for Whiteside then trade TJ to get rid of his albatross contract..

Then wes expires the season after and now you got some money

Champions league games be having wild swing on time. Hell some games mfer be up 3 in the morning to catch a game.

But that time shit is overrated. They gon watch cause they will just slot the games accordingly. It is just a 4 hour time swing.

The problem I see is flights and jetlag.

Isn’t all the teams in the Champions league in Europe around the same areas, ie, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc? I’m not a futbol fan so I don’t know but if they are......the time zones for these countries are very similar if not the same.

So the main fan base of this league isn’t being hurt like it would for the NBA teams would. Turkey is 2 hour time difference from England which I believe is the biggest gap in time. Once again I don’t know because I don’t watch the sport but in that league isn’t Turkey the furthest country away that participates in that league?

Not to mention If Miami played Portland in the 1st round of the playoffs that’s serious travel time back and forth between both teams.

Unless they extend the season that’s big time wear and tear on the players. I know most would think it isn’t that big of a deal with them traveling private and all but it does take a toll on the players and staff.

Not only that but you would have to take into consideration the logistics of the local / national media travel also. Using your same example of Portland / Miami, its not cost effective for the local media (newspaper, radio and tv sports reporters) to fly out to the host city, arrange transportation, set up in a hotel (which is close vicinity to the arena and hotel the players stay at), perform postgame / pregame interviews, type of the article, return to the hotel and fly out....thats a logistical nightmare that you have to take into consideration for each round of the playoffs

Not only that but you would have to take into consideration the logistics of the local / national media travel also. Using your same example of Portland / Miami, its not cost effective for the local media (newspaper, radio and tv sports reporters) to fly out to the host city, arrange transportation, set up in a hotel (which is close vicinity to the arena and hotel the players stay at), perform postgame / pregame interviews, type of the article, return to the hotel and fly out....thats a logistical nightmare that you have to take into consideration for each round of the playoffs
so it works for the finals should those two meet, but a quarterfinals game, then it wont?

Isn’t all the teams in the Champions league in Europe around the same areas, ie, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc? I’m not a futbol fan so I don’t know but if they are......the time zones for these countries are very similar if not the same.

So the main fan base of this league isn’t being hurt like it would for the NBA teams would. Turkey is 2 hour time difference from England which I believe is the biggest gap in time. Once again I don’t know because I don’t watch the sport but in that league isn’t Turkey the furthest country away that participates in that league?

Russia and i believe it is 4 or 5 hour difference from Scotland. But champions league fans are worldwide. That is why i brought up that being up early in the morning stuff.

Time doesnt matter because west coast team are used to it. Hell i cant stay up to watch west coast games on weekdays.

so it works for the finals should those two meet, but a quarterfinals game, then it wont?

it could happen but its cost prohibitive......what happens if Portland beats Miami in a 7 game quarterfinal series, and the play Boston in a best of seven semifinal series and so on.......it could happen but at what cost to the players, media, stadium hosts, etc

it could happen but its cost prohibitive......what happens if Portland beats Miami in a 7 game quarterfinal series, and the play Boston in a best of seven semifinal series and so on.......it could happen but at what cost to the players, media, stadium hosts, etc
let me think about this

too many games I wanna watch tonight

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back