Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017-2018 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

No they arent. Randle is an expiring looking to get paid. Clarkson is overpaid. You might have to throw a 2nd round pick or 2 at a team to take em.

Clarkson's deal really isn't that bad.

Out: Clarkson, Lakers 2018 high 2nd round pick

In: Ilyasova, Bellineli, Hawks 2018 late 1st round pick (via Houston)

Makes sense for both teams. Contracts match up. Expiring deals from Atlanta, players to space the floor for the rest of the season, and we move up a lil bit in the draft.

Atlanta will be trying to tank for the next couple seasons and JC could be a good role player for them we they do start playing better.

As far as Randle, someone will want him to get his bird rights. We could attach something else with it. Shit, a team like OKC should trade us Paul George for Randle and KCP straight up.

LOL, why would Atlanta do that??? Only a team in contention that needs a spark off the bench would trade for Clarkson. And i doubt they will give much up. We got a late 1st for Lou Will last season, doubt we get close to that for Clarkson.

LOL, why would Atlanta do that??? Only a team in contention that needs a spark off the bench would trade for Clarkson. And i doubt they will give much up. We got a late 1st for Lou Will last season, doubt we get close to that for Clarkson.

It's just a placehold player for them to pick up to keep the tank going. Ilyasova and Bellineli are free agents, they're going to need to fill the spot.

Nice win for the squad. Kuz was on fire in the 4th. They tried to give it away at the free throw though.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a whole team collectively shoot free throws as bad as we do this season.

That aside though, surprising win tonight. Especially without Lonzo..

Last edited:
More winnable games coming up with Chicago, Toronto, Orlando, Brooklyn.

I might try to go to the game in Brooklyn next Friday..

It’s only January I know, but right know PG sounding like he’s thinking about staying in OKC with Russ....

Still think it depends on if OKC is able to go deep in the playoffs or not though.

At least we tried to battle back at the end of the game. I think our rotations were poor but we were still somewhat disruptive on the defensive end. Toronto is just a better team. Aside from the free throws I can live with that loss.

Very winnable game in Orlando on Wednesday.

Also they said the timetable for Lonzo's sprained MCL should be 1-3 weeks. He's been out for 2 weeks now so the wait shouldn't be too much longer.

Y'all see 3 of our players were selected for Rising Stars challenge.

Trade idea: Randle and KCP for Kevin Love. Cleveland needs this at this vulnerable time. Love would fit with us seamlessly.

Would we still have enough cap space to sign Paul George?

We still have Brook coming off the books 22 million, Corey Brewer 7.5 million off the books. Pretty sure we'll be able to afford that max slot if we can get rid of Clarkson's $12 million. I'm thinking PG starts out around $30 mill but it depends if he gets all NBA and everything, not exactly sure what the cap and new CBA is.

What we would really be nice is if we somehow someway could get a 1st rounder back for Clarkson without taking on salary. They're saying teams have offered 1st rounders for both Clarkson and Randle but we would be taking on salary. Now dig this... what if we also included Nance or even Ingram or Kuzma (I know this would be extremely hard to swallow), now we got a first rounder back. We could then trade the 1st round pick and our 2020 1st round pick in order to get rid of Deng for an expiring contract. This would create enough salary to maybe get Paul George and another max spot or at least enough cap room to sign several solid players. It would probably take us sacrificing Nance (best case) or Ingram (worst case) to get rid of Deng. Otherwise we have to consider extending-stretching Deng or just riding the shit out.

Back