Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when we used to play Arsenal in the CL back when Henry was still ballin and during the pre game commentary Cruyff broke down Arsenal's attack...game was barely 5 min in and Henry scored exactly the way he described it lol smh.

Arsenal was the shit back then. Dominated Europe without ever lifting that CL throphy.

Shame to see Wenger go but yeah, cest la vie mes amis

I remember when we used to play Arsenal in the CL back when Henry was still ballin and during the pre game commentary Cruyff broke down Arsenal's attack...game was barely 5 min in and Henry scored exactly the way he described it lol smh.

Arsenal was the shit back then. Dominated Europe without ever lifting that CL throphy.

Shame to see Wenger go but yeah, cest la vie mes amis

A shame? Smh

Yeah I know its time to move on but what will happen? Even if the board would allow the new coach to splash the cash like Jose n Pep, thats no guarantee for succes...

That's the fear people need to stop having. Bringing in a new manager doesn't guaantee success, I agree but it's clear as day that change is needed. It was needed in 1996 and it's needed now.

The right manager splashing the cash will have this team challenging for the PL and CL.

the reality is both teams came into tonight's game knowing what they needed to do; Arsenal to score at least 1 to go through and Atletico knowing as long as they keep a clean sheet they're through.

Atletico did their job and then some!

"Supporting this team is a full time job, no question about it. It's mental torture week in week out and these players aren't worth a **** when it comes to performing in big games.

Wenger put all his chips in the technical basket thinking it will get the job done, but they're all soft as pudding and can't even do the basics right.
It's sad that it finished like this for him, but he brought it on himself time and time again."

This sums up the current state.

You never get any other legends adress their teams that way.

We was awful against barcelona lampard was constructive didn't call anyone out that way.

Chelsea just won the league last year and in 2015. In the champions league.

Look at Arsenal. Winning the FA Cup but never seriously challenging for the league or CL. Players like Özil getting paid £350k a week but having regular mental lapses. Little to no effort at all on the defensive end. He made a good point that even Bergkamp and Henry put in work on defense.

The man has 3 PL winners medals. He has earned the right.

I been trying to get into basketball this season why is there so many games?
The "regular season" was killing me the playoffs is more enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back