The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rockets are always looking for a quick fix. Instead of drafting well and looking for young talent we always getting the nigga that use to be hot. We give up out future for the now.

Harden holds the ball and doesn't know how to play off the ball, CP3 aint having that shit. But i think Harden will adjust. If their bigs step up they're gonna be a problem.

Technically a nigga named Holiday. But like I said, Cousins and Davis mainly be taking turns holding the ball and bringing it up the court.
not accurate, but i'ma let you cook

Nah I'm sure you watch more Nola games than me, so you're probably more informed than me. How would you describe how they've been playing since the trade?

its gonna take more than a handful of games to develop chemistry

I thought they showed flashes of how good they can be. The only problem is, they werent consistent enough which has been the story of the team since CP3 left. Their role players HAVE to step up. They HAVE to hit the open shots.

there is this perception from Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon that they got more shots in Houston, but of course, some pelican blogs ran the data and saw their looks were identical to their last season in NOLA.

I'm calling it now.
Next year CP3, Melo, LeBron, and D Wade, gonna form like voltron to be became the Washed Squad and win a tittle.

its gonna take more than a handful of games to develop chemistry

I thought they showed flashes of how good they can be. The only problem is, they werent consistent enough which has been the story of the team since CP3 left. Their role players HAVE to step up. They HAVE to hit the open shots.

there is this perception from Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon that they got more shots in Houston, but of course, some pelican blogs ran the data and saw their looks were identical to their last season in NOLA.

It's prolly cuz I was a pg in school I know the importance of a pg and that they're the QB of the floor. So watching bigs bring the ball up the court and hold the ball at the top of the key irks me and the few times I watched a nola game, they were doing that.

That's why I say CP3 would be perfect for them cuz he aint gonna allow that shit, he's the type that will bark on u in front of millions for doing some dumb shit. Imo, once they get a true PG, they're gonna be a problem.

It's prolly cuz I was a pg in school I know the importance of a pg and that they're the QB of the floor. So watching bigs bring the ball up the court and hold the ball at the top of the key irks me and the few times I watched a nola game, they were doing that.

That's why I say CP3 would be perfect for them cuz he aint gonna allow that shit, he's the type that will bark on u in front of millions for doing some dumb shit. Imo, once they get a true PG, they're gonna be a problem.
i mean, thats one perspective, but thats the way the game is headed

Draymond brings the ball up the court, so does the greek freak...but in high school, you have 10 seconds to cross the half court line, so the bigs usually wait a couple of seconds looking for the outlet or PG, in the NBA, they have 8 secs now and that shit goes by quick as you try and wait for your pg to break off his defender, so if he can bring the ball up the court just to keep from getting a violation, i dont see the issue. Its not like he is initiating offense bring the ball up.

Honestly I'm not even interested in free agency, my squad not a factor and about to go years into tanking. These next few years are about to suck.

i mean, thats one perspective, but thats the way the game is headed

Draymond brings the ball up the court, so does the greek freak...but in high school, you have 10 seconds to cross the half court line, so the bigs usually wait a couple of seconds looking for the outlet or PG, in the NBA, they have 8 secs now and that shit goes by quick as you try and wait for your pg to break off his defender, so if he can bring the ball up the court just to keep from getting a violation, i dont see the issue. Its not like he is initiating offense bring the ball up.

Ofc once in a while is cool, but they do it alot and there's no excuse for those niggas always holding the ball beyond the 3 point line.

But they do @ bolded

Ofc once in a while is cool, but they do it alot and there's no excuse for those niggas always holding the ball beyond the 3 point line.

But they do @ bolded

i mean initiate the offense from the standpoint of starting the first pass. if they bring it past the half court line then look for the PG, i dont really call that initiating the offense

however, with the Finch hire, yes, Boogie and AD will be looking to initiate the offense from the standpoint of when they receive the initial pass, then everyone else is cutting and they are supposed to make the appropriate read, but lets not act like they are doing what traditional PGs have done b/c thats not whats happening for a huge chunk of the game.

index.php

put it like this

todays game is geared towards positionless basketball

Westbrook, is on the roster as a PG, but plays like an SG

Giannis is a center, who can shoot the midrange, rebound, turn over both shoulders, bring the ball up and initiate the offense

Draymond is PF who is undersized when they play him at Center

Positions were created so that fans could follow the game

Status
Not open for further replies.