Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

holy shit this dude has no fuckin idea about the shit he's talking about!

Talmbout only recently were the XBox and PS similar to PC's when the original XBox was essentially a PC. It ran a 733MHz Pentium 3 processor with an Nvidia Geforce 3 derived GPU, 64MB of RAM, Nvidia SoundStorm audio (same thing integrated into nVidia nForce PC chipsets), and a hard drive. When it came out in '01, PC's were already on the Pentium 4 and faster Geforce 3 Titanium GPU's with the Geforce 4 dropping only a few months later so technically it was already behind the PC in terms of power.

Now, it's true that the PS2 was quite different from your normal PC. Everything in that box is completely custom.

XBox 360 is closer to a PowerMac than a PC considering they use the same type of processor: A PowerPC but one somewhere between a G4 and G5 PPC. The GPU is basically the same as a Radeon X1800XT but with a handful of features that wouldn't be seen until Terrascale (Radeon HD2000+).

He got one thing right: The XBox One as well as the PS4 uses another PC processor and it's built-in GPU: and AMD APU from the Kabini architechture.

In the market for some new monitors. I don't remember this shit being so confusing AND expensive.

The next card I get will definitely have 16GB of VRAM minimum.

This is why I tend to buy older workstation cards over gaming cards. Nvidia will take the same GPU, make some bios tweaks, and sell it as a workstation GPU with twice the memory they offer for their gaming cards. My Quadro K6000 is basically the same thing as a Geforce Titan Black, except with 12GB of RAM which was never offered on the Titan Black.

This is why I tend to buy older workstation cards over gaming cards. Nvidia will take the same GPU, make some bios tweaks, and sell it as a workstation GPU with twice the memory they offer for their gaming cards. My Quadro K6000 is basically the same thing as a Geforce Titan Black, except with 12GB of RAM which was never offered on the Titan Black.
Does AMD do this also?

So the monitors I want must have deep black levels. The only panel type that really provides that are OLEDs. However, they are expensive and are susceptible to burn-in. A lot of warranties cover burn-in, but warranties are a pain in the ass, especially when dealing with these SEA companies.

The average price for a good 27" OLED seems to be north $1k, though.

VAs are next up in terms of black levels/contrast, but they apparently do this weird thing where depending on the viewing angle the colors change. Also, they have issues with ghosting.

IPS are great for gaming, but have shitty contrast and backlight bleed. Plus I don't really play competitive or fast paced titles, anymore. So high refresh rates or response times aren't a must.

Finally there are TN panels, but those are pretty outdated at this point.

What exactly is the pros & cons of building a PC wit the water coolant components?

I only ask b/c I've watching a bunch of PC building videos, to kinda prepare myself when I begin mines. Was debating if that could be an option or not.

What exactly is the pros & cons of building a PC wit the water coolant components?

I only ask b/c I've watching a bunch of PC building videos, to kinda prepare myself when I begin mines. Was debating if that could be an option or not.
The only pros are cooler temperatures and lower decibels.

The maintenance that has to go into water cooling just isn't worth it for me. Not to mention the risk of having liquids in your PC is wild. Also, it's more expensive than air cooling.

Personally, I've felt that if you don't plan on doing any overclocking, you don't need it. You can get great results with air cooling. Noctua has some good stuff, beQuiet, too.

The only pros are cooler temperatures and lower decibels.

The maintenance that has to go into water cooling just isn't worth it for me. Not to mention the risk of having liquids in your PC is wild. Also, it's more expensive than air cooling.

Personally, I've felt that if you don't plan on doing any overclocking, you don't need it. You can get great results with air cooling. Noctua has some good stuff, beQuiet, too.
This

Just buy a nice ass fan for the cpu.

I bought a big ass one with led lighting and while it was a bitch to get on (my fault), my shit doesn't overheat or get close to it at all.

You not gonna need no water cooling for what you trying to do IP.

@Golan

Do yo bro bro a solid and find me two cheap 24-27" monitors. I also need the lil gizmo so I can hook up my work laptop to. The docking station or whatever it's called

I'm just working from home so it ain't gotta be fancy. HDMI connections por favor

@Golan

Do yo bro bro a solid and find me two cheap 24-27" monitors. I also need the lil gizmo so I can hook up my work laptop to. The docking station or whatever it's called

I'm just working from home so it ain't gotta be fancy. HDMI connections por favor
How cheap are we talking? What res? Also, do you know the model of the laptop?

We use AOCs at work, they aren't gonna blow you away, but they get the job done. I don't see the models we use, but the AOC 24B2XH 24" looks pretty similar and have good reviews. If you're willing to spend $50/60 more, you can't go wrong with one of the IPS monitors from Dell like the Dell 24 Monitor - S2421HS.

As far as the docks, just make sure they have two hdmi ports and don't pay hundreds for one.

How cheap are we talking? What res? Also, do you know the model of the laptop?

We use AOCs at work, they aren't gonna blow you away, but they get the job done. I don't see the models we use, but the AOC 24B2XH 24" looks pretty similar and have good reviews. If you're willing to spend $50/60 more, you can't go wrong with one of the IPS monitors from Dell like the Dell 24 Monitor - S2421HS.

As far as the docks, just make sure they have two hdmi ports and don't pay hundreds for one.
I have an HP laptop I think. I'll double check.

Resolution doesn't have to be 4k or anything. These monitors will primarily serve as my work joints but I think I'm also going to try and hook my personal desktop to it so I can play all of my PC games that are primarily mouse/kb.

I play all the triple A games and controller centric ones on the other rig I got that's hooked up to a TV.

Man I just built a new pc for the first time in years yesterday and now you got me about to install friggin starcraft out of nostalgia.

I installed it about two months ago. It's free nowadays but I still have a copy along with Brood War. There's a version you can also buy from Blizzard that is modified so it fits newer monitors properly.

Went to Microcenter the other day and decided to check out prices for graphic cards...

:yikes2:

My ex coworker wasn’t bs'n about the price when he built his PC.

Back