Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Went to Microcenter the other day and decided to check out prices for graphic cards...

:yikes2:

My ex coworker wasn’t bs'n about the price when he built his PC.
Wait until the next generation, these cards out now are garbage in terms of price v performance.

Got an issue that I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is

My smallest gaming PC keeps periodically crashing. At first I thought it was me playing darkest dungeon 2 beta but it randomly crashes when I'm not even playing that

I'll post the specs later but everything is up to date in terms of drivers. Windows updates, gpu updates, etc..

Thought I had enough memory but IDK what's going on

My smallest gaming PC keeps periodically crashing. At first I thought it was me playing darkest dungeon 2 beta but it randomly crashes when I'm not even playing that

I'll post the specs later but everything is up to date in terms of drivers. Windows updates, gpu updates, etc..

Is it giving you a BSOD? Or is it just turning off? When did it start?

Also, DD >> DD2

If Darkest Dungeon of all things is crashing your shit you got a problem.

Although sometimes those type of games are so poorly optimized it happens. The steam version of Mysterium used to make my laptop into an induction cooker and some of those BigFish casual games do that shit.

But the obvious is always clean out your fans and heatsinks and depending on how old your machine is, put a new layer of thermal paste on the CPU.

Is it giving you a BSOD? Or is it just turning off? When did it start?

Also, DD >> DD2
Just random freezing but all the damn time

I'm pretty sure it's related to memory. This PC only has like 8gb of ram

And DD2>>>>DD1 by a mile

If Darkest Dungeon of all things is crashing your shit you got a problem.

Although sometimes those type of games are so poorly optimized it happens. The steam version of Mysterium used to make my laptop into an induction cooker and some of those BigFish casual games do that shit.

But the obvious is always clean out your fans and heatsinks and depending on how old your machine is, put a new layer of thermal paste on the CPU.
Maybe

I thought cause it was the beta but shit, cities skylines is freezing my shit too

And even when a brotha looking for some black women on the tube sites, my shit will freeze.

Now I do be having a hunnid tabs open but let's not talk about that unless it's relevant to the discussion

I did defrag and optimize my drives. Deleted a TON of files, turn off unnecessary background apps and some other maintenance stuff

I need a better way to get rid of dust though. I'm tired of buying canned air. Any recs?

I did defrag and optimize my drives. Deleted a TON of files, turn off unnecessary background apps and some other maintenance stuff

I need a better way to get rid of dust though. I'm tired of buying canned air. Any recs?
Get an electric duster, make sure it's for electronics. If you want to go a step further, look into an air filter for wherever the PC is. Levoit has some good ones.

you got 8GB... what OS?

Don't plan on playing Starfield?

Hadn't even heard of it until your post. Had to go look it up. Needs an SSD tho??? Might have to be a hard pass 'cause I ain't about to switch just for a vidya game.

Although... If what it's doing is streaming from the SSD straight into memory, the sheer amount of RAM I have could possibly negate the need for that. Chances are they designed it around a machine having 16-64GB of RAM. Well, I have 160GB and should be adding another 64-128GB in October (along with a more up-to-date Quadro card). That kind of memory should be more than enough to hold a significant amount of data while streaming from spinning disk.

Back