Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Some low end chromebook that ain't even meant for gaming so anything is an improvement lol

throw-up-vomit.gif

To be honest, some of those chromebooks got a lil "oomph" to 'em which is why they can even run shit like Fortnite. Does his happen to have an AMD APU in it or do you know?

throw-up-vomit.gif

To be honest, some of those chromebooks got a lil "oomph" to 'em which is why they can even run shit like Fortnite. Does his happen to have an AMD APU in it or do you know?

Not sure but it's not great whichever one it is. Thats why im looking to get him a lil entry level joint. Ill see if I can get the specs later

Why cant he just get a switch or something?

He has a switch. I asked him why he aint want a console like a PS5 but he said he wants a keyboard/mouse combo. Plus he can play the laptop wherever instead of trying to get his siblings off the tv so he can play when he wants to

He has a switch. I asked him why he aint want a console like a PS5 but he said he wants a keyboard/mouse combo. Plus he can play the laptop wherever instead of trying to get his siblings off the tv so he can play when he wants to
How old is he again?

Your nephew not gonna wanna play no games on no laptop too long lol

Could I interest you in getting him a Steamdeck?

He wants a laptop fam lol. I'm willing to pay like 3-400 tops for one but wasnt sure what specs would work for those particular games that he wants to play

He wants a laptop fam lol. I'm willing to pay like 3-400 tops for one but wasnt sure what specs would work for those particular games that he wants to play

Once you get the specs of the one he currently has I can make a recommendation.

Once you get the specs of the one he currently has I can make a recommendation.

lol aite so he had two.. one from school and one personal one that died on him. Neither of them shits were meant for gaming lol im offended lookin at these specs

Dell Chromebook 11 3100
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 3.31.35 PM.jpg

HP Chromebook 11A G8 EE
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 3.33.23 PM.jpg

Gross.. so yeah im tryna get him a lil entry level joint that aint as ASS as these two

lol aite so he had two.. one from school and one personal one that died on him. Neither of them shits were meant for gaming lol im offended lookin at these specs

Dell Chromebook 11 3100
View attachment 1233908

HP Chromebook 11A G8 EE
View attachment 1233909

Gross.. so yeah im tryna get him a lil entry level joint that aint as ASS as these two

damn.gif

They got young bruh on some straight up bullshit tho. Aiight, gimmie a sec.

Dell got an AMD Ryzen 5-5500U laptop for $279 new. For some weird ass reason, they won't let you option it with 16GB of RAM without going up to the Ryzen 7, but maybe you can at checkout.

This is the processor/GPU running Fortnite:

Dell got an AMD Ryzen 5-5500U laptop for $279 new. For some weird ass reason, they won't let you option it with 16GB of RAM without going up to the Ryzen 7, but maybe you can at checkout.

This is the processor/GPU running Fortnite:

I'd call and do it with a salesperson. There were upgrades I couldn't do on the website but was able to get from calling @Inori

one last question. Do yall find that the processor or the graphics card is more important and does more of the heavy lifting when it comes to gaming? Or is it more of a combo. Ima call Dell this evening and see whats good

one last question. Do yall find that the processor or the graphics card is more important and does more of the heavy lifting when it comes to gaming? Or is it more of a combo.
It depends entirely on the game. A good rule of thumb is to first choose the resolution you will like to play at and then that will give you a generalize idea of what specs you should be aiming for.

It depends entirely on the game. A good rule of thumb is to first choose the resolution you will like to play at and then that will give you a generalize idea of what specs you should be aiming for.

1080p is fine for him and a small laptop screen. He aint at the point where he getting a super fancy monitor with a high refresh rate and all that shit yet

1080p is fine for him and a small laptop screen. He aint at the point where he getting a super fancy monitor with a high refresh rate and all that shit yet
I believe you'll get higher refresh rate for 1080p for now because I don't think refresh rate for 4k is going as high yet. I know you can get 1080p and as high as 480. I don't think 4k has reached that yet

Back