Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

Stupid auto correct, SSD's. Plus they have become way more affordable and are so superior.

That SSD didn't last but a year and some change. The spinning disk it replaced, which is going back in there for now, was already two years old and going flawlessly. I got laptops from 2010 with their original 250GB hard drives in them still going strong after all these years.

They don't last worth a damn. I really wouldn't call that "superior".

That SSD didn't last but a year and some change. The spinning disk it replaced, which is going back in there for now, was already two years old and going flawlessly. I got laptops from 2010 with their original 250GB hard drives in them still going strong after all these years.

They don't last worth a damn. I really wouldn't call that "superior".

I mean NVME's are superior and cheaper. The only downside is they run super hot.

I been using SK Hynix a 2 Tb Gold and 2 TB Platinum since they outclass Samsung

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! See this is precisely why I can't fuckin stand SSD's. I have ZERO trust in these fuckin things.

View attachment 1227008

This is my Kali linux penetration testing/wireless hacking laptop. I actually forgot I did this shit, but last summer (2022) Best Buy had a sale on WD SSD's and me being me I picked up one with the idea that I would throw it in this particular laptop and install Kali on it to replace my old pentesting machine.

View attachment 1227009

This is the drive. It's fuckin DEAD. I ran updates over the weekend rebooted the laptop, logged back in and it was all good for about an hour, couldn't log in. Turns out the bitch is dead. The only reason I still have this box is because the old 1TB spinning disk drive is stashed in it.

FUCK SSD'S!!!

Sorry to hear dat.

I luv them SSD's. They give me less problems. The laptops I got, got to have SSD. Them drives w/ the moving parts crash only in a matter of time. Once I hear them clicks, I know its only a matter of time.

Sorry to hear dat.

I luv them SSD's. They give me less problems. The laptops I got, got to have SSD. Them drives w/ the moving parts crash only in a matter of time. Once I hear them clicks, I know its only a matter of time.

At least if I would have heard some clicks, I would have known that drive's days were numbered and could have made a move to a different drive.

With an SSD you reboot and *poof*, shit is dead. No warning, no nothing.

I got hard drives from the late 90's that still work fine. Even have laptop drives from the early to mid-00's that still work.

At least if I would have heard some clicks, I would have known that drive's days were numbered and could have made a move to a different drive.

With an SSD you reboot and *poof*, shit is dead. No warning, no nothing.

I got hard drives from the late 90's that still work fine. Even have laptop drives from the early to mid-00's that still work.

Sorry to hear that.

This laptop I'm on now, got SSD. They easier to work w/ imo. Faster too.

Sorry to hear that.

This laptop I'm on now, got SSD. They easier to work w/ imo. Faster too.

Speed, yeah, no question there. In fact, when I took my main laptop off of the NVMe SSD to a spinning disk the very first thing I noticed was the speed that virtual machines launched was significantly slower, which was annoying but the fact that I doubled my drive space to 1TB for what was then a fraction of the cost of a 1TB SSD made it absolutely worth it.

With this failure, I still can't see myself trusing SSD's long term. Not when I've got spinning disks still 100% operable from when G.W.Bush was President.

I need some help yall. So im doing some christmas shopping for the family and my youngest nephew says he wants a laptop mainly to play games on.

He's young so im not tryna splurge on a super maxed out gaming joint pc yet. He mainly wants to play roblox, minecraft and fortnite. Any advice on for the specs on a low to mid-tier laptop for those games?

I need some help yall. So im doing some christmas shopping for the family and my youngest nephew says he wants a laptop mainly to play games on.

He's young so im not tryna splurge on a super maxed out gaming joint pc yet. He mainly wants to play roblox, minecraft and fortnite. Any advice on for the specs on a low to mid-tier laptop for those games?

Honestly, if you can find the joint I have for cheap then it would be worth it. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 with a 10th gen i5 and Geforce 1650. Should be enough to play a lot of shit out there.

Honestly, if you can find the joint I have for cheap then it would be worth it. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 with a 10th gen i5 and Geforce 1650. Should be enough to play a lot of shit out there.

Good lookin out bruh!

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 8.58.33 AM.jpg

😬 I mean he still young and not responsible enough yet for me to drop 600 on a laptop. This is a good starting point though I appreciate it

Good lookin out bruh!

View attachment 1231775

😬 I mean he still young and not responsible enough yet for me to drop 600 on a laptop. This is a good starting point though I appreciate it

If you decide otherwise, bump it up to at least 16gb and a fatter drive. It can take SATA spinning disk, SATA SSD's, as well as M.2 2242 NVMe SSD's and full length NVME SSD's. (it actually has three drive locations on it.)

@Inori This is what it does with Quake Champions at 1080p. I'll probably fire it up later this evening and record a run on either Destiny 2 or Doom Eternal.

Also, check Ebay. There's a version of this laptop with a Ryzen processor that might be a bit cheaper.

edit - forgot I did a run on Doom Eternal earlier this year.

@Inori This is what it does with Quake Champions at 1080p. I'll probably fire it up later this evening and record a run on either Destiny 2 or Doom Eternal.

Also, check Ebay. There's a version of this laptop with a Ryzen processor that might be a bit cheaper.

edit - forgot I did a run on Doom Eternal earlier this year.

looks smooth! Ima talk to my brother and see if he thinks lil man will take care of the shit tho. Plus he still playing bum ass roblox and minecraft them joints dont seem to really need high end graphics n shit lol. Maybe Fortnite tho

Was looking at best buy and they outa stock on the Ideapad Gaming 3.

@konceptjones any alternative laptop suggestions? I talked with the nephew and his biggest complaint was his current laptop gets hot as hell when he playing his lil games lol. I dont think hes too pressed on frame rates and all that shit at this stage.

Back