Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

I'm not expecting oled level blacks, but what is the contrast like?

Lol, and weird question, but how prominent is the red on the stand?

its pretty good, I never have to adjust it for games. the 165hz i do because the backlight is so bright, i had to manually dim it. I notice because they are side by side. its also superior to my daughters S2721DGF.

I'm tellin you, when I went from 16 to 32GB of RAM on my gaming laptop there was a noticable difference in just my day to day stuff. I ain't even including the VM's. The more memory you have, the more Windows consumes on the low but that's always been the case, but you also end up with more left for your processes.

If I were building a new Win10 or 11 machine, it would have no less than 32GB.
I was on 16gb for the longest and only recently went up to 32gb, lol. I barely notice a difference if I'm being honest. Most people won't.

Last edited:
Dawg

My shit KEEPS randomly cutting off

I don't have the duckies to make a significant upgrade but shit man this is getting annoying. Shit cut off during the stream of the game tonight

Dawg

My shit KEEPS randomly cutting off

I don't have the duckies to make a significant upgrade but shit man this is getting annoying. Shit cut off during the stream of the game tonight

Install Core Temp. Your processor may be overheating and you're going into thermal shutdown.

My old Inspiron 11z would shut off randomly, but usually when I was doing something that involved video. It wasn't until I installed Core Temp that I found out the processor was hitting 95-100C and once it got it that range it would shut down. I set Core Temp to always display in the taskbar so I could keep an eye on the processor temp and set it to flash a warning once it hit 80 or 90C.

Nah b,

mqdefault.jpg

Install Core Temp. Your processor may be overheating and you're going into thermal shutdown.

My old Inspiron 11z would shut off randomly, but usually when I was doing something that involved video. It wasn't until I installed Core Temp that I found out the processor was hitting 95-100C and once it got it that range it would shut down. I set Core Temp to always display in the taskbar so I could keep an eye on the processor temp and set it to flash a warning once it hit 80 or 90C.
Might do this this weekend

This will be a nice like project I can do with the lil one.

How long have you had the computer, and have you ever changed the paste since you've got it?
Eh

I've been in this house maybe 4 years?

I know I've swapped out the fan a couple years ago to help with the temperature issue. I know I did a chip reset at that time. So maybe 3 years?

Eh

I've been in this house maybe 4 years?

I know I've swapped out the fan a couple years ago to help with the temperature issue. I know I did a chip reset at that time. So maybe 3 years?
It's time.

Just installed it

This what my shit looking like now
View attachment 1180843
If I'm reading that right, you've got some dead cores? And that temp seems abnormally low, idk. I could be wrong. I'll wait for the others to chip in.

Damn, a dead core?

And just like that, it just shut down and restarted on its own

Found this video that shows you how to unlock all the cores in Windows.

Haven't had an issue with crashing since, in fact, I put it on sleep and I guess something woke it up in the middle of the night cause it was on when I went into the room

I also had it on while I was gaming on the other PC and no issues

Will still eventually upgrade but looks like it's been resolved for now

Back