Welcome To aBlackWeb

that ruins the movie

im about to rewatch but I’m still of the opinion they got the killer, the problem was they couldn’t prove it

it was left up to interpretation.
That's the issue. This should've been a pretty open and shut case. And it makes the guy killing himself seem dumb because it happened so early in the movie only to never be discussed again

How they all killers though? Unless you speaking on the 2 detectives that killed somebody. I think the guy that shot himself was the killer and the guy with the clippings was just fascinated by them and wasn't really about that life and as far as he would go was just mind fuck the detectives
Denzel shot the girl....malek killed dude....and the main suspect is under suspicion of killing

Absolutely not

I'll break it down like this

The first 2 acts were fire. The last act was not good

When you have the kinda set up they did and don't land the ending, that matters

I think they did land the ending though.

What makes you say they didn't land the ending? Was it because it was kinda inconclusive?

It wasn't better than Seven but it was a solid movie and I enjoyed it.

The thing that makes me like it even more is the climate we are in right now when it comes to the police in the United States. Of course a ton of Black and Hispanic folks know not to inherently trust all that law enforcement States but this movie does a great job of showing how 2 supposedly very good men and workers at their jobs could actually be different under the surface.

They are initially painted as the good guys but by the end it should have a lot of viewers (thinking differently) at the very least questioning that. Lol.

I have a question for everyone who watched this film, who do you think the villains were in this story? LMAO

Did they ever reveal what happened with Denzels character to make him leave his detective job? I feel like they did, but I cant remember and i dont care much to rewatch the film. I didnt hate it at all, but i did lose interest by the end of it.

Also, the young detective. Cant ever spell his damn name, but the guy from Mr. Robot and Bohemian Rapsody.. Did he seem a little.. off? to the rest of yall? Something about the way he would talk.. Like he was autistic or some shit lol.

Did they ever reveal what happened with Denzels character to make him leave his detective job? I feel like they did, but I cant remember and i dont care much to rewatch the film. I didnt hate it at all, but i did lose interest by the end of it.

Also, the young detective. Cant ever spell his damn name, but the guy from Mr. Robot and Bohemian Rapsody.. Did he seem a little.. off? to the rest of yall? Something about the way he would talk.. Like he was autistic or some shit lol.
He killed shot and killed the girl that was running through the bushes. Can't remember if she was one of the victims from the case he was working on as a detective or a bystander. I got the impression it was covered up and he took a demoted patrol position somewhere else but could be wrong

He killed shot and killed the girl that was running through the bushes. Can't remember if she was one of the victims from the case he was working on as a detective or a bystander. I got the impression it was covered up and he took a demoted patrol position somewhere else but could be wrong

the girl he shot was the victim of the killer... he got distracted by the detectives behind him and heard walking in the forest and shot blindly into the dark killing the girl..

that accidental death took a major toll on him and his health which is why he was moved to patrol...

Sir, you are not convincing me that frail ass Rami Malek is instant killing anyone on a BACKSWING with even weaker arms after hours of digging. Dude didn't get a concussion and slowly fade. None of that. Caught the swing, had his pulse checked and was expired.

Plausible my ass.

like Leto wasn’t frail and brittle himself... dude didn’t look healthy and was a drinker... not that far fetched...

Sir, you are not convincing me that frail ass Rami Malek is instant killing anyone on a BACKSWING with even weaker arms after hours of digging. Dude didn't get a concussion and slowly fade. None of that. Caught the swing, had his pulse checked and was expired.

Plausible my ass.
Let me hit yo ass in the head with a shovel hard as I can and see if you wake up from that nap

the girl he shot was the victim of the killer... he got distracted by the detectives behind him and heard walking in the forest and shot blindly into the dark killing the girl..

that accidental death took a major toll on him and his health which is why he was moved to patrol...
He didn't shoot blindly into the dark?

She ran out, he got spooked and shot her

The theory is dude was scared of denzel after he broke his jaw the first time so he couldn't handle the pressure then the other theory is if denzel was the true killer then he went to dude house and set it up as a suicide
Noting shows Denzel doing that to dude though. Denzel and the other detectives just had a accidental kill

Back