Welcome To aBlackWeb

What are they surviving? The infected are what people wanted to see, they're what matters

uhhh the collapse of fuckin society is what they are surviving.

Regular ass humans are just as much as a threat as the infected. I do feel like they could have a bit more infected but its not something so glaring that it takes away from the dope shit they doin.

Every episode has been dope to me so far

Regular ass humans are just as much as a threat as the infected. I do feel like they could have a bit more infected but its not something so glaring that it takes away from the dope shit they doin.

The infected are the reason the world collapsed, they're the reason shit all fucked up, they're the reason people in danger every day.

The infected are the reason the world collapsed, they're the reason shit all fucked up, they're the reason people in danger every day.
agreed. infected was the catalyst.. doesnt have the be to focal point tho.. even in the games regular ass humans were more dangerous overall.

I do agree wicha that they couldve sprinkled some more infected in the show tho

The show even gave a glimpse of what happened during the start of it. Everything was normal until the infected

agreed. infected was the catalyst.. doesnt have the be to focal point tho.. even in the games regular ass humans were more dangerous overall.

I do agree wicha that they couldve sprinkled some more infected in the show tho
Eh I disagree with that. How many times did you die by clickers because you made a sound vs dying by the raiders lol

I mean the show is about what the collapse of society will drive humans to do. The worst aspects of humanity. That's what I get from it
That's the general aspect for apocalyptic themes that can be applied to all of the movies/shows

What makes The Last of Us different is the infected

Take away the infected and why is Joel and Ellie even traveling. There'd be no point

Should have just quoted me since I was the one complaining. Did you play the game? There's significantly less infected in the show. The whole plot and story is based on the survival because of the infected

I already made mention that the frequency of of the infected in the game is largely a gameplay element. That’s not my own assessment. Druckmann, the creator, has been quoted saying as such. Him running point on this TV adaptation and taking things in this direction is proof of his actions backing his past words.

That's the general aspect for apocalyptic themes that can be applied to all of the movies/shows

What makes The Last of Us different is the infected

Take away the infected and why is Joel and Ellie even traveling. There'd be no point

The infected isn’t what makes The Last of Us different. Every zombie, infection, outbreak story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world.

What makes The Last of Us different is the character arcs/analysis and story quality. It’s an amazing story with a gut wrenching ending that earns its conclusion. You could technically reach that conclusion without having seen even a single infected person. But you absolutely cannot reach that conclusion while removing any of the major beats that show has given us thus far.

Druckmann & company trimmed the fat for a tv show and although I don’t really view the cries for more infected as “complaining” I do view it as people wanting the story of TLOU to be more of an action or horror tale than it truly is. The action and horror was present in the manner it was because it was introduced in a medium that required player engagement.

Ie. The difference between identifying the world that was built and the story that is being told within that world. The infected are the world not the story.

This is being lauded as a truly successful video game adaptation because they were finally able to identify, unlike others in the past, what is important in bringing VG’s across platforms and what can be left back on the console.

I dont disagree more action pieces with infected would be cool....but how many times do we need to see them running from clickers at the expense of other story. Shit would be cool but it wouldn't advance the plot more than the human conflicts.
Precisely. How many encounters can they have before we’re essentially watching the same thing over and over.

When we break it down what they’ve essentially done was eliminate all clicker fights/encounters that did not ultimately result in a major character dying. Smart IMO. It means that anytime we see an infected person we know it matters and isn’t fodder to pad time or hit an action quota.

I noticed David got the biggest portion of food when everyone sat down to eat. He's an Old Testament type of dude
Everybody was starving and eating their scraps fast as fuck

That well fed nigga was eating slow off a full plate

Should have just quoted me since I was the one complaining. Did you play the game? There's significantly less infected in the show. The whole plot and story is based on the survival because of the infected
Yea i was disappointed they didnt show Ellie and Davis fight off the horde of infected while out in that cabin waiting on the medicine. Felt like that was a major plot point missed.

When they dropped off the deer in the middle of room like “we did it” while niggas was sitting around unknowingly eating human soup was such a dope scene. I think slowly people were starting to wake up to just wtf they were or weren’t eating.

2a05a0e532f754644243e9a3e51a3e7ec491dabb.gifv
6ed9ef8beb336c12308e90468f30855f7f1e1be0.gifv

79b7a66f8c4f22b16e3d87059e96c10b70294a2f.gifv
e06d0f2a516965de658925e808bd8ba1cfc51f59.gifv

5df9522e1a8d4e82d6cdde5fa21e59799ea19783.gifv
5f4189e78d5fc672842cc5c9852b2cf2fe2567c8.gifv

Back