Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Dead at this comment someone made about Blueface girl

IMG_2390.jpeg

Still find it funny that I thought Blueface was a reference to wearing a blue bandanna on your face while banging. Had no idea it was a money thing

You know the time when you officially disconnected from the hood, so you no longer go to the grocery that’s only available there. You have more options so it’s not just a dollar store or the grocery, and you have more quick food options.

Then if you are lucky enough you meet someone that was already above you in social class you they already indulge in this stuff, they convince you to expand you pallet, there’s less sugar and salt in your life.

When you actually go back to the hood or someone’s from the hood kitchen, that’s when you realize just how unhealthy the cheap options are.

It’s pure salt and sodium, everything leaves a film behind it, it’s just. It really puts into full perspective how so many of us suffer from heart and blood vessel aliments.

The ill shit is when you get used to less potency in flavor, the shit actually taste better then the shit you used to like. I went to someone’s house and all they had was whole milk, I nearly choked that shit is so thick.

You know the time when you officially disconnected from the hood, so you no longer go to the grocery that’s only available there. You have more options so it’s not just a dollar store or the grocery, and you have more quick food options.

Then if you are lucky enough you meet someone that was already above you in social class you they already indulge in this stuff, they convince you to expand you pallet, there’s less sugar and salt in your life.

When you actually go back to the hood or someone’s from the hood kitchen, that’s when you realize just how unhealthy the cheap options are.

It’s pure salt and sodium, everything leaves a film behind it, it’s just. It really puts into full perspective how so many of us suffer from heart and blood vessel aliments.

The ill shit is when you get used to less potency in flavor, the shit actually taste better then the shit you used to like. I went to someone’s house and all they had was whole milk, I nearly choked that shit is so thick.
Pause

You didn’t know this 15 years ago. I mean your example is extreme but yest poor people don’t eat as healthy. Common knowledge

You didn’t know this 15 years ago. I mean your example is extreme but yest poor people don’t eat as healthy. Common knowledge
The severity of how unhealthy isn't known by those who haven’t stepped outside of it. Some people think when they think healthy, vegetables and fruits. Not that, when done with this cereal, this dye shouldn’t be sticking to the bowl like that. Or, these turkey wings aren’t supposed to be this thick and hard to chew.

Until you got some turkey wings from Publix, you don’t understand how fucked up the turkey wings you are getting from Dochers or Piggly Wiggly

Main character complex. I have it too sometimes 😭😅🤦🏿
Ion think im the main character, I think yall neglect to understand that if im the way i am, it isn’t because im unique. It’s because others are afraid to acknowledge feeling and thinking the way i do. I post for us, cause all I ever had was me. And I won’t let others feel alone like I did.

I am the hero we deserve

Back