Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a shit week. I’m not going into work today. What excuse should I give them?

Crazy that I just saw a video of Diddy and Khalid getting amped about a lil baby and durk song that he was producing. Diddy is 53 and Khalid is 47 and they getting buck rapping the lyrics to young nigga murder music. Music that has young programmed black men dying and getting incarcerated at an alarming rate. It’s no longer just music.

And then I thought, damn, what if this was Lyor Choen and Rick Rubin in a room giving daps to each other off this hit song that’s gonna make them alot of money promoting black and black violence and death. Twitter would burn down. But because it’s US, we don’t care. The ill shit is that these men have been in the marketing meeting that’s giving cold stone cold corporate facts about how this music affects youth.

It’s like, you could say when Cosby was raping women, women were seen in a lower form, everyone was doing it, he didn’t really understand the full scope of how these drugs and this moment would affect these women for years. But now, he has a full understanding of it all.

But he still goes out and drugs and rapes women.

Crazy that I just saw a video of Diddy and Khalid getting amped about a lil baby and durk song that he was producing. Diddy is 53 and Khalid is 47 and they getting buck rapping the lyrics to young nigga murder music. Music that has young programmed black men dying and getting incarcerated at an alarming rate. It’s no longer just music.

And then I thought, damn, what if this was Lyor Choen and Rick Rubin in a room giving daps to each other off this hit song that’s gonna make them alot of money promoting black and black violence and death. Twitter would burn down. But because it’s US, we don’t care. The ill shit is that these men have been in the marketing meeting that’s giving cold stone cold corporate facts about how this music affects youth.

It’s like, you could say when Cosby was raping women, women were seen in a lower form, everyone was doing it, he didn’t really understand the full scope of how these drugs and this moment would affect these women for years. But now, he has a full understanding of it all.

But he still goes out and drugs and rapes women.

What’s the song

Always found it amazing how we see the best and/or worst qualities of ourselves mirrored in the people we meet and interact with

If you have deep insecurities/drawbacks…there will be particular individuals that’ll bring them to light as they mirror those characteristics back towards you…..problem is you may assume them to be a nuisance/enemy….though they’re not

If you have certain praiseworthy character traits…there will also be others that will reflect them…..problem is you may assume them to be a supporter/friend……though they’re not

In reality neither are particularly true or false….which should make people reevaluate who their true friends/enemies actually are

That shit old but got 157 million views
Thing is though, his lyrics “seen a robber rob a deacon, seen a preacher get caught for cheating”

A young kid listen to that and thinks that “ok he’s saying that he’s seen some bad things happen to people that are supposed to be good and protected and he’s seen people who are suppose to be holy do unholy things. And I believe him, there is no good in this world, fuck the world, fuck life”

Now some young dumb kid running around amped off that when it’s deeper than that. There are no “good” people, anyone can do anything. Both acts aren’t unjust because both acts are committed by human beings. Life is what you make it, not what you see or what happens to or around you, that’s the real.

But that’s not what young men are programmed to think and I know because I was a programmed thinking young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back