Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing.

It's silly naive to compare a black little mermaid with a white static shock, or an asian shaft, or a white foxy brown. Those things are only the same in a vacuum. But that's not reality.

There is a huge difference between those things.

The race of the Little Mermaid isn't an overwhelmingly vital part of her identity. The fact that she was originally white was incidental.

An overwhelmingly vital part of the character of Foxy Brown is her race, because she's a blaxploitation character. And we all know the history behind that genre. Culturally, Foxy Brown is black as fuck.

The same with Static Shock. Static shock was specifically created by a black comic book artists, for a black comic book company, because there was shitty representation of black super hero teenage characters. His blackness is vital to the core of the character. Culturally, Static Shock is black as fuck.

The same with Shaft.

That's why casting certain black characters as white is an issue, when casting certain white characters as black isn't.

And it's not just black characters. That goes for any ethnic character. For example, I dunno if you know about The Green Hornet tv show that bruce lee was on back in the day. He played Kato, the driver/side kick to the hero Green Hornet. Like I could see Asian people being pissed off if they re-made that again and recasted that part with a white dude. A part of the central core of that character was that it was the first asian character on mainstream American tv have a really prominent role, beating the shit out of white people, etc.

Recasting Kato as black dude rather than an asian dude changes the entire core of the character and removes a large part of the reason that the character even exists in the first place. Same with casting Foxy Brown as a white woman. And casting Shaft as an Asian man. And casting Static Shock as a white kid.

Casting the little mermaid as a black girl...just makes her black.

Aight. Peace.

Thank you!

How is it creative? No I can’t
It's creative because they have to draw them. New poses, new attire, new backdrops. You make it seem like they tracing folks works and coloring them brown skinned

Either you mad at everyone who replicates someone else's work and gets paid for it or you simply hating because THESE folks found away to replicate these characters and get paid from it

I'm betting it's the hate THESE folks one

Sure thing.

It's silly naive to compare a black little mermaid with a white static shock, or an asian shaft, or a white foxy brown. Those things are only the same in a vacuum. But that's not reality.

There is a huge difference between those things.

The race of the Little Mermaid isn't an overwhelmingly vital part of her identity. The fact that she was originally white was incidental.

An overwhelmingly vital part of the character of Foxy Brown is her race, because she's a blaxploitation character. And we all know the history behind that genre. Culturally, Foxy Brown is black as fuck.

The same with Static Shock. Static shock was specifically created by a black comic book artists, for a black comic book company, because there was shitty representation of black super hero teenage characters. His blackness is vital to the core of the character. Culturally, Static Shock is black as fuck.

The same with Shaft.

That's why casting certain black characters as white is an issue, when casting certain white characters as black isn't.

And it's not just black characters. That goes for any ethnic character. For example, I dunno if you know about The Green Hornet tv show that bruce lee was on back in the day. He played Kato, the driver/side kick to the hero Green Hornet. Like I could see Asian people being pissed off if they re-made that again and recasted that part with a white dude. A part of the central core of that character was that it was the first asian character on mainstream American tv have a really prominent role, beating the shit out of white people, etc.

Recasting Kato as black dude rather than an asian dude changes the entire core of the character and removes a large part of the reason that the character even exists in the first place. Same with casting Foxy Brown as a white woman. And casting Shaft as an Asian man. And casting Static Shock as a white kid.

Casting the little mermaid as a black girl...just makes her black.

Aight. Peace.

Great argument…..kudos

Here’s my response

These characters regardless of the culture supporting them are FICTIONAL…which means it doesn’t matter what race or culture they represent. Fan-Fiction implies “anything goes”…

I said clearly several times that I don’t have an issue with fan-fiction….I have an issue with the lack of originality and simply praising a once FAMOUS white character because it now fits into a black narrative

It doesn’t matter if the above mentioned were black exploitation films…with fan fiction anything goes. You can’t just change the rules because a group of people intended it to be a certain way….if that’s the case there should be NO black Dragon Ball Z characters. Which were clearly created from an Asian group to represent an Asian culture and mindset…..but folks here would clearly disagree with that

If people would have an issue with seeing a white Mr.T….then we can’t be surprised if people raised their eyebrows at seeing a black Superman (which clearly represents what is supposed to be a white American icon)

The role and position seems to be more of concern rather than the actual color

People would love to see a black Batman with an already white Robin

But let there be a black Robin with an already white Batman

The feedback will not be the same

It's creative because they have to draw them. New poses, new attire, new backdrops. You make it seem like they tracing folks works and coloring them brown skinned

Either you mad at everyone who replicates someone else's work and gets paid for it or you simply hating because THESE folks found away to replicate these characters and get paid from it

He is anti black sometimes hmmmm lol

Great argument…..kudos

Here’s my response

These characters regardless of the culture supporting them are FICTIONAL…which means it doesn’t matter what race or culture they represent. Fan-Fiction implies “anything goes”…

I said clearly several times that I don’t have an issue with fan-fiction….I have an issue with the lack of originality and simply praising a once FAMOUS white character because it now fits into a black narrative

It doesn’t matter if the above mentioned were black exploitation films…with fan fiction anything goes. You can’t just change the rules because a group of people intended it to be a certain way….if that’s the case there should be NO black Dragon Ball Z characters. Which were clearly created from an Asian group to represent an Asian culture and mindset…..but folks here would clearly disagree with that

If people would have an issue with seeing a white Mr.T….then we can’t be surprised if people raised their eyebrows at seeing a black Superman (which clearly represents what is supposed to be a white American icon)

The role and position seems to be more of concern rather than the actual color

People would love to see a black Batman with an already white Robin

But let there be a black Robin with an already white Batman

The feedback will not be the same

You got it bro you’re right. If they made Tchalla white we would be enraged

If they made a white T’Challa….black people should have every right to be mad

If they made a white or black Goku….Japanese people should have EVERY right to be mad

If they made a black Superman….white people should have EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD

You know what’ll solve the problem? Endorse originality over fan-fiction

Let’s be objective

If they made a white T’Challa….black people should have every right to be mad

If they made a white or black Goku….Japanese people should have EVERY right to be mad

If they made a black Superman….white people should have EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD

You know what’ll solve the problem? Endorse originality over fan-fiction

Let’s be objective
They have a white black panther

He's called Kraven The Hunter

So I like watching these middle-class aspiring reality shows like Married to Medicine and Love & Marriage.

These are regular middle aged Black people and shit. Not street people but regular law-abiding citizens with families and shit. Business owners and shit

And they always beefing.

Husbands are beefing, the wives beefing and even the fucking grandmas beefing.

Do Black folk just have a culture of beefing? Cause how you can beef at 40 and shit? You got kids. You gotta go to work. How do the time to beef?

I watch some White people shows like Christy Knows Best and they don't be beefing. The shows with Italians Housewives Of NJ be beefing but they Italian and it don't be the whole family.

Like I never seen Honey Boo Boo swinging and shit over gossip.

Lol high horse chicity the worst kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back