Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a silly argument

It’s simple….be original and make your own shit

There’s a trend of creators trying to re-create characters…but if it were the other way around there would be an issue

Stop acting like if white people made a “white Static Shock” (a fictional character) there wouldn’t be complaints

Or an Asian Shaft

Or a white Foxy Brown

Our community would immediately interpret it as “white-washing” and YOU KNOW IT

I don’t see an issue with a black little mermaid or black fan-fiction. Never once did I say that

The MAIN thing I was getting at is that we should create more ORIGINAL black characters instead of doing “fan-fiction” to already famous white characters.

How is what I’m saying seen as wrong?

This is a silly argument

There’s a trend of creators trying to re-create characters…but if it were the other way around there would be an issue

Stop acting like if white people made a “white Static Shock” (a fictional character) there wouldn’t be complaints

Or an Asian Shaft

Or a white Foxy Brown

I don’t see an issue with a black little mermaid or black fan-fiction. Never once did I say that

The MAIN thing I was getting at is that we should create more ORIGINAL black characters instead of doing “fan-fiction” to already famous white characters.

This.

White creators of media and White owned majority media corporations turn legacy White characters into Black or other races in order to get people watch their shitty TV show or movie.

It'll be the same fucking show, with the same side characters, but now, it's the main character is non-White.

Why the fuck would anybody want that lol?

How about if we want Black and non-White main characters...create them...

But guess what, there's no money in creating anything new anymore because Hollywood and shit can't really compete the legions of YouTubers and Twitch streamers that got young folks attention.

Already established franchises like are just cheaper to use and exploit. Change a few races and sexualities, it's good as new.

I ain't gonna lie, I don't wanna see random as hell Black people in an medieval European inspired fantasy land. I don't wanna see a Black James Bond or a Black Superman. Let White people have their White people shit.

I want new Black characters in Black settings in Black situations doing Black shit. Black people used to want their own fictional narratives, now we just wanna be in White people's fictional narratives, it's fucking weird and I don't like it.

This is a silly argument

Or an Asian Shaft

Or a white Foxy Brown

well bruh the guy drawing fan fiction on the internet ain’t the same guy working for Marvel. There are plenty black comic books I see posted on Facebook often whole series never seen not one y’all posted them. So saying we don’t create our own is wild because y’all don’t notice unless it’s Marvel or DC.This ain’t an exhibit this just somebody having fun online.

There is no show with black DBZ characters coming out. Why not go buy some static shock or Luke Cage? Lol even further why all the black characters from the streets. Why ain’t no black aliens?

This is a silly argument

Or an Asian Shaft

Or a white Foxy Brown

This is an extremely silly and naive argument. Some of what you're saying is true in a vacuum. But we don't live in a vacuum.

This.

White creators of media and White owned majority media corporations turn legacy White characters into Black or other races in order to get people watch their shitty TV show or movie.

It'll be the same fucking show, with the same side characters, but now, it's the main character is non-White.

Why the fuck would anybody want that lol?

How about if we want Black and non-White main characters...create them...

But guess what, there's no money in creating anything new anymore because Hollywood and shit can't really compete the legions of YouTubers and Twitch streamers that got young folks attention.

Already established franchises like are just cheaper to use and exploit. Change a few races and sexualities, it's good as new.

I ain't gonna lie, I don't wanna see random as hell Black people in an medieval European inspired fantasy land. I don't wanna see a Black James Bond or a Black Superman. Let White people have their White people shit.

I want new Black characters in Black settings in Black situations doing Black shit. Black people used to want their own fictional narratives, now we just wanna be in White people's fictional narratives, it's fucking weird and I don't like it.

Its because we as blacks get high off of the idea of being seen as an exalted figure that was once created to originally be white in America…

Its not the color….it’s the position and perception.

We would love to see a Black Superman or James Bond. I’m cool with the idea as well

But what if white people wanted to portray themselves as Shaft, Static Shock, Mr.T, Blade or Dolemite?? Instead outrage and niggas would be damn liars if they said there wouldn’t be.

Its because we as blacks get high off of the idea of being seen as an exalted figure that was once created to originally be white in America…

Its not the color….it’s the position and perception.

We would love to see a Black Superman or James Bond. I’m cool with the idea as well

But what if white people wanted to portray themselves as Shaft, Static Shock, Mr.T, Blade or Dolemite?? Instead outrage and niggas would be damn liars if they said there wouldn’t be.

Nigga they made whole Ancient Egypt white. So they already tried it lol And God of Egypt made nothing. All we saying is a dude at home drawing black dbz characters like we did as kids is not some self hate thing.

well bruh the guy drawing fan fiction on the internet ain’t the same guy working for Marvel. There are plenty black comic books I see posted on Facebook often whole series never seen not one y’all posted them. So saying we don’t create our own is wild because y’all don’t notice unless it’s Marvel or DC.This ain’t an exhibit this just somebody having fun online.

I agree that we should get more exposure….but who’s fault is it for not wanting to support original black characters??

Us…

This goes back to what I said originally….if we see it as admirable and praise-worthy to recreate white characters as black that’s nothing praiseworthy to me. It’s just “fan-fiction”

I agree that we should get more exposure….but who’s fault is it for not wanting to support original black characters??

Us…

This goes back to what I said originally….if we see it as admirable and praise-worthy to recreate white characters as black that’s nothing praiseworthy to me. It’s just “fan-fiction”

Well it’s nothing wrong with fan fiction this ain’t Mona Lisa.

Nigga they made whole Ancient Egypt white. So they already tried it lol And God of Egypt made nothing. All we saying is a dude at home drawing black dbz characters like we did as kids is not some self hate thing.

DID I SAY I SUPPORT WHITE PEOPLE WHITE-WASHING PEOPLE MEANT TO BE BLACK????

Don’t jump to conclusions son…I don’t support “white washed” characters either

As for the DBZ characters being black….I already said I don’t have an issue with fan-fiction…

Y’all are missing my clear point lol

niggas be selling art with pre existing characters just making them black lol

create your own character you lazy unoriginal fucks

lol like Hellczar said what’s the point…

A lot of niggas don’t even want to support original black shit anymore these days cause it ain’t “poppin”

They’d rather just take an already established icon like Superman….and make him black. And let’s not forget about skin tone

I have more support for original black content than people realize

I can’t wait for the FIRST ORIGINAL BLACK ANIME to pop off and go mainstream. It’s only a matter of time

Point out what’s silly and naive

Sure thing.

It's silly naive to compare a black little mermaid with a white static shock, or an asian shaft, or a white foxy brown. Those things are only the same in a vacuum. But that's not reality.

There is a huge difference between those things.

The race of the Little Mermaid isn't an overwhelmingly vital part of her identity. The fact that she was originally white was incidental.

An overwhelmingly vital part of the character of Foxy Brown is her race, because she's a blaxploitation character. And we all know the history behind that genre. Culturally, Foxy Brown is black as fuck.

The same with Static Shock. Static shock was specifically created by a black comic book artists, for a black comic book company, because there was shitty representation of black super hero teenage characters. His blackness is vital to the core of the character. Culturally, Static Shock is black as fuck.

The same with Shaft.

That's why casting certain black characters as white is an issue, when casting certain white characters as black isn't.

And it's not just black characters. That goes for any ethnic character. For example, I dunno if you know about The Green Hornet tv show that bruce lee was on back in the day. He played Kato, the driver/side kick to the hero Green Hornet. Like I could see Asian people being pissed off if they re-made that again and recasted that part with a white dude. A part of the central core of that character was that it was the first asian character on mainstream American tv have a really prominent role, beating the shit out of white people, etc.

Recasting Kato as black dude rather than an asian dude changes the entire core of the character and removes a large part of the reason that the character even exists in the first place. Same with casting Foxy Brown as a white woman. And casting Shaft as an Asian man. And casting Static Shock as a white kid.

Casting the little mermaid as a black girl...just makes her black.

Aight. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back