Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one of the reasons I really didn't like Martin so much. I really only gave it time because it was set in Detroit and was all Black. Martin himself was entirely too over the top almost all of the time and that shit irritated the fuck outta me. I rarely made it through a whole episode of Martin.
The slapstick is what made the show funny. I love comedians that can take a bump or improv rather than use 100% scripted writers. Fresh Prince was more dedicated to executing a program, and it was funny, but Martin's show was based on hood zaniness, which is what made it so great. It only fell once the lawsuit kicked in, and the separation order between Tisha Campbell-Martin and Martin himself killed that dynamic, as well as several dynamic they branched out to theirs.

I've been reading the book Gomorra and I see a lot of cultural similarities between hoods in America and Naples. Women running shit. Boys and young men not having any future besides joining the gang. Innocent children being caught in the crossfire. The typical ritual of media and journalists capturing the pain of mothers crying and wailing.

If this shit wasn't full of Italian names, I would think it's about a Crip set in LA or the Latin King in NYC.

First, I wanna know why these got damn Italians don't have a universal reputation as thugs and hoodlums.

These motherfuckers be shooting up store windows for target practice and shit. They are car bombing their rivals. Shooting bazookas at rivals houses.They are teaching boys how to get shot with body armor. Having children to assist in assassinations.

Yet motherfuckers go to Italy for vacation and shit. It's a great country lol. Nah Italy is the shit hole of Europe. This place sucks.

Second, these gangs run the country, they are the political and finance engines for the entire economy of Italy. All the Italian high fashion brands, use their factories, seamstresses and garments. The politicians in these neighbors pay homage.

These motherfuckers are worst than any gang in America. America don't know what real gang activity and crime looks like. It looks like this shit.

I'd say Wayan's Bros and Jamie Foxx Show were mid tier black shows. They weren't as good as Martin or Fresh Prince but they were better than all those UPN shows.

I've been reading the book Gomorra and I see a lot of cultural similarities between hoods in America and Naples. Women running shit. Boys and young men not having any future besides joining the gang. Innocent children being caught in the crossfire. The typical ritual of media and journalists capturing the pain of mothers crying and wailing.

If this shit wasn't full of Italian names, I would think it's about a Crip set in LA or the Latin King in NYC.

First, I wanna know why these got damn Italians don't have a universal reputation as thugs and hoodlums.

These motherfuckers be shooting up store windows for target practice and shit. They are car bombing their rivals. Shooting bazookas at rivals houses.They are teaching boys how to get shot with body armor. Having children to assist in assassinations.

Yet motherfuckers go to Italy for vacation and shit. It's a great country lol. Nah Italy is the shit hole of Europe. This place sucks.

Second, these gangs run the country, they are the political and finance engines for the entire economy of Italy. All the Italian high fashion brands, use their factories, seamstresses and garments. The politicians in these neighbors pay homage.

These motherfuckers are worst than any gang in America. America don't know what real gang activity and crime looks like. It looks like this shit.

That's because people ain't really that much different regardless where they come from. You see some minor cultural discrepancies here and there, but for the most part people in similar situations behave in similar ways. That's basically the whole foundation for psychology as a science.

As far as Martin vs Fresh Prince...Martin was the funnier show and Fresh Prince was the better show. But let's not act like that final season of the Fresh Prince wasn't some off the wall shit too. The episode where Will gets hypnotized, he burns down the kitchen, they just pretend like his mom didn't marry his ex fiancé dad...the William Shatner episode...that last season went full slapstick mode.

Both characters move West to Rich uncles/aunt
Braxton: Carlton
Fancy: Lisa

the jokes are basically the same… some of the episodes plot are literally the same

niggas refuse to think past their noses sometime
Lisa doesn’t even get introduced until season 5 of fresh prince

lol @ the ep plot

black sitcoms had similar plots for Eps all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back