Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it.

The Wire is stupid and overrated. Looking back at it, it seems like some shit written in The Atlantic. Like the class and politics of the people that love love love the Wire is reprehensible and make me wanna vomit. The entire show of the Wire is loved by the type of Black people that read the Jacobin and think Killmonger was a villain.

The moral of The Wire is like, Black poor needs good schools and education. It's literally the ending of Black Panther.

I think Sopranos is good because it completely dissects and removes the notions of savage honor and nobility from the Mafia genre, that was established in the Godfather. The Godfather established the image of the modern mafioso, they really copied and fancied themselves off the Godfather.

The Godfather to the Mafia is what Menace 2 Society is to the Black street hoodlum. Like motherfuckers really thought they were ODog.

Tony Soprano and all his Mafia friends are pathetic human beings. Complete dumbasses. There's nothing admiral about them. Nobody fucking likes them. They get zero respect.

The Sopranos was more realistic and more critical than the Wire.

I like Mad Men more than both. But I think Sopranos is the better show.

People say Breaking Bad is a top TV show of all time, but that show was lowkey overrated and stupid just like The Wire. Breaking Bad will kill your brain cells if you really think about it.

Nacros is overrated due to it's subject matter.

If I wanted to show a non-American, the best of American Drama TV of the last 25 years, to like give them a taste of what America culture is about in 3 shows.

I would tell them to watch The Sopranos, Mad Men and Deadwood.

And Killmonger was a villain. He literally destroyed the possibility of any other panther he was fully an American patriot who wanted to rule an African country he knew nothing about wtf are you talking about man

So I do genuinely try to give all music a shot...or the artist. Listen to a few different songs and try to be objective.(especially with newer artists and music sounds)

And being from Atlanta where you have ABC rappers ,mumble rappers and some of the most lyrical music too...I have learned to find good in all types of music.

But I am having a hard time with this new wave of rap. I like that females is out here getting it in.

Gorilla rap like she got a retainer on the top and bottom of her mouth. It's so clear in this song. I am all for creative shit and music is a form of creative expression. But the more & more I listen...I am like I know I could have made it as a musician ....If I was in my early twenties now....shit I be famous 🤪

I like they whole lol clique

So niggas gonna post their top 5 shows ? I need a laugh

Did last night. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Nigga...

Edit: I'd say the top 5 consensus shows across all networks are in no specific order...

Breaking bad
The wire
Game of thrones
The Sopranos
Seinfeld or friends

My personal top 5...

Game of thrones
Homeland
Battlestar Galactica
Curb your enthusiasm
Insecure

I don't think narcos makes it in my personal top 20. No way it touches top 15 consensus imo. 🤷🏿‍♂️

So I do genuinely try to give all music a shot...or the artist. Listen to a few different songs and try to be objective.(especially with newer artists and music sounds)

And being from Atlanta where you have ABC rappers ,mumble rappers and some of the most lyrical music too...I have learned to find good in all types of music.

But I am having a hard time with this new wave of rap. I like that females is out here getting it in.

Gorilla rap like she got a retainer on the top and bottom of her mouth. It's so clear in this song. I am all for creative shit and music is a form of creative expression. But the more & more I listen...I am like I know I could have made it as a musician ....If I was in my early twenties now....shit I be famous 🤪

She has new teeth so that why she probably sounds like that.

She sound better here...that's crazy how her changing her voice made her pop...maybe the song too. Shit idk but she sounds way different. This a whole different vibe than her other stuff I have heard

I think this was before the new teeth too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back