Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it’s a classic it doesn’t mean it’s “good” story-wise

At this point DB is continuing on the basis of nostalgia and fandom

The original plot was supposed to end with Cell, the red ribbon army destroyed and Gohan being the hero

But money calls and people want more
Had they been daring enough to make gohan the main character they could’ve done a real good job of creating a “living in my father’s shadow until ultimately becoming dependable like he was” story

with him and piccolo getting even closer, being a mentor to trunks, and having vegeta at times come to help him and then give him and vegeta a stronger relationship

could’ve given you gohan/goten adventures with gohan seeing himself in goten back when he was young and scared to make it full circle

instead they gave you

34E05861-62EC-4DB5-AB19-C008A78F154D.gif
E22F37E6-1211-4313-8700-E85230D9AA8F.gif

Had they been daring enough to make gohan the main character they could’ve done a real good job of creating a “living in my father’s shadow until ultimately becoming dependable like he was” story

with him and piccolo getting even closer, being a mentor to trunks, and having vegeta at times come to help him and then give him and vegeta a stronger relationship

could’ve given you gohan/goten adventures with gohan seeing himself in goten back when he was young and scared to make it full circle

instead they gave you

View attachment 937116
View attachment 937117
That whole Buu saga was ass, was nothing about it that I liked

That whole Buu saga was ass, was nothing about it that I liked
You didn’t like vegeta killing himself to ultimately come back?

you didn’t like goku turning SS3 to only “use up his energy and run out of time”?

You didn’t like gotenks somehow making goku go SS3 not matter as much because he did it too not too long after?

you didn’t like gotenks giving buu a hard time until he ran out of time?

you didn’t like gohan getting otherworldly training and a huge entrance and wearing his dad’s clothes and beating buu to only get absorbed and become irrelevant to the story yet again?

you didn’t like..

DBZ somehow is a worse show than Naruto and Naruto has its own flaws but as far as plot, characters, themes etc that blows it out the water

Just because it’s a classic it doesn’t mean it’s “good” story-wise

At this point DB is continuing on the basis of nostalgia and fandom

The original plot was supposed to end with Cell, the red ribbon army destroyed and Gohan being the hero

But money calls and people want more
I literally said DBZ had bad writing.

DBZ somehow is a worse show than Naruto and Naruto has its own flaws but as far as plot, characters, themes etc that blows it out the water
Ehhh, the only people that really got developed in Naruto were Sasuke and Naruto. Like that RDC skit said, Rock Lee and Neji were just as cold as them two but ended up as jabronis. I don’t even want to talk about that ninja war arc. Madara got straight up hosed

Ehhh, the only people that really got developed in Naruto were Sasuke and Naruto. Like that RDC skit said, Rock Lee and Neji were just as cold as them two but ended up as jabronis. I don’t even want to talk about that ninja war arc. Madara got straight up hosed
Sakura
Shikamaru
Kakashi
kabuto

definitely developed throughout the show and I could name more but you seen the characters in Naruto grow, what motivates them, backstories for a lot of them (villains as well)

DBZ didn’t even have a female protagonist anywhere

bulma was used for comic relief, transport at times and to provide equipment

chi-chi was there to make gohan study and worry about him and goku

outside of that the only character that came close was 18 and she served really no purpose outside of being krillin’s love interest and to have her fight maybe twice? Throughout the entire show and one of those times was fighting trunks/goten while they sat on shoulders lol

there’s no serious depth to any characters really in DBZ outside of maybe vegeta

how many Eps are there yet we don’t know shit about krillin? Lol

Buu saga was ass because once again they shifted the attention from Gohan to Goku and continued the same narrative. It took away the point of Gohan being the successor

IN MY OPINION Buu saga would’ve been dope if:

-Gohan is the main character and he’s raising Trunks and Goten. Preparing for the world tournament

-Vegeta is still angry and bitter that Goku is better so he accepts Babiddi and turns evil

-Goku appears but only for a while to give Vegeta the fight he wants, settling the feud as super saiyans.

-Vegeta realizes he’s wrong and sacrifices himself to kill Buu and redeems himself. Goku turns SS3 as fan service but due to the strain Goku has to return to the other world. Both are dead for good

-The attention fully shifts back to Gohan and he saves the world as mystic Gohan…maybe Goku and Vegeta can make a few more cameos as Vegito but the point is they’re gone for good and everything falls back in Gohan’s hands.

I had to learn in life that some people will always be “under you”

I tried to be that friend that always wanted to make my other friends feel equally important and special despite the fact they would do sucka shit..

Sometimes you’re the better one and your friends gotta deal with it or part ways….can’t dim my shine for petty people

Reactions: B_A
Went to the Starbucks to get my morning usual when I hear them playing Christmas music already. In October. Before Halloween. I don’t like that

Buu saga was ass because once again they shifted the attention from Gohan to Goku and continued the same narrative. It took away the point of Gohan being the successor

IN MY OPINION Buu saga would’ve been dope if:

-Gohan is the main character and he’s raising Trunks and Goten. Preparing for the world tournament

-Vegeta is still angry and bitter that Goku is better so he accepts Babiddi and turns evil

-Goku appears but only for a while to give Vegeta the fight he wants, settling the feud as super saiyans.

-Vegeta realizes he’s wrong and sacrifices himself to kill Buu and redeems himself. Goku turns SS3 as fan service but due to the strain Goku has to return to the other world. Both are dead for good

-The attention fully shifts back to Gohan and he saves the world as mystic Gohan…maybe Goku and Vegeta can make a few more cameos as Vegito but the point is they’re gone for good and everything falls back in Gohan’s hands.
That’s better but to me that’s still too much goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back